How to get from Cape Liberty to a Times Square hotel???

Nightowl11

I've read a lot of ways to get from ERW to Cape Liberty but can't find any reasonable way on how to get from Cape Liberty after the cruise is over to the Times Square hotels. There will be 5 of us with 5 large luggage and 5 carry-ons so taxis won't work because they only seat 4 so unless we take 2. I've read that there are larger taxis but on weekdays, they are hard to get. Plus there is a super long line to get them. We can't take a train or a subway because of too much luggage. I've read that Uber is being restricted/banned from picking up at Cape Liberty and in New Jersey. I've called Enterprise car rental in Bayonne, the closest rental agency to the pier, and they state that they do not allow drop offs at their Times Square location (only 2 blocks from our hotel), only at the airports for an extra $100 fee. So that is out of the question because then I would have to figure out how I would get to the hotel from the airport. I've emailed a highly rated car service and they quoted me $275 for the 20 mile trip. Why is this trip such a logistics nightmare?

So are my only options is to hire a car service or take 2 taxis and split up my family? How do other people do this trip without having to pay a fortune for 20 miles?

Car service - 2 cars. We are a family of 7, and we've always been quoted less for 2 cars than 1 larger vehicle. I realize it's not a lot of miles, but it's a lot of miles in this area. Depending on traffic, it could take an hour.