Carnival MasterCard

DebbieMo

You can use it for any carnival purchase...and sometimes other purchases. A lot of my hotel purchases show up as something I can use my points for. As you can see below, my pre-cruise hotel popped up on mine. I'm saving up 100k points because 100k can be redeemed for $1,500.

eb069489771879ceace631fa0d7d543c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is great info from everyone. Thanks to all who posted. I usually just delete those emails but I think I will go for it now. This posting of your points was great. Let us see exactly how it will look and keeps you informed of when you are about out of days.

What does that 158 days left mean?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

158 days left to redeem points for that purchase. After the "time is up", that qualifying purchase disappears off the list of options.

You get 180 days from the purchase date to redeem points for it.

As I've said before, FPs can be redeemed for cruises on all of the cruiselines owned by Carnival corp (princess, HAL, etc.), as well as for hotel stays and airfare. But don't ever use your FPs for those unless you are not going to take another Carnival cruise in the foreseeable future. The redemption rate isn't as good for the other lines, and the redemption rate for airfare and hotels is horrible.

Carnival purchase of $1500 or more, as a statement credit after the fact is the best way to redeem FPs, by far.

ETA:

$15,000 on Carnival-------------will cost 100,000 FP to get a statement credit for the full amount

$15,000 on Costa (or HAL, etc.) will cost 150,000 FP

$15,000 in Airfare or Hotel ------will cost 166,667 FP

Edited by ShakyBeef

I have 7,594 FPs. When I do what you said I can get a $50 credit for 5,000 pts and then I would be left with 2,594 points left over?? I am gonna use my other CC for the rest of cruise payment because it has a great intro offer that I need to obtain in 3 months which would be worth $500 cash in my pocket. What would I use these remaining FPs for? Can I apply that small amount to another Carnival purchase? TIA -- Dan

You can apply some or all of your points (depending on the amount of points you have and the $ amount of the qualifying purchase) towards a Carnival purchase that you have already made for a "partial credit" statement credit.

For instance, when I click on "Redeem Now" beside my recent Cheers! purchase in my list of redemption options, a menu box pops up, offering me the choice to redeem 80,420 FPs for a statement credit of the entire amount of $804.20, or 80,000 FPs for $800, or 75,000 for $750, or 70,000 for $700 of it. But I currently have over 168,000 current FPs available to redeem. I'm pretty sure that if I had 7,594 FPs, the redemption options it gave me would be adjusted appropriately - for example, it might say I could redeem 7,500 for $75 back.;)

But since FunPoints don't expire anymore (yay, Barclays for getting rid of that 5 year expiration!:D), after redeeming as many as you can, you can save up some more points if you're not getting rid of the card, and use them for a future carnival purchase of $50 or more. But I highly recommend saving your points until you get to 100,000 so you can get the better redemption rate.;)

From Barclaycard:

"Redeem your FunPoints for statement credits toward travel purchases of $50 or more on Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Costa Cruises, The Cunard Line or The Yachts of Seabourn or for hotel stays and airfare. And remember, you have 180 days to pay yourself back for a statement credit toward eligible purchases! Statement credit redemptions start at 5,000 FunPoints."

As I've said before, FPs can be redeemed for cruises on all of the cruiselines owned by Carnival corp (princess, HAL, etc.), as well as for hotel stays and airfare. But don't ever use your FPs for those unless you are not going to take another Carnival cruise in the foreseeable future. The redemption rate isn't as good for the other lines, and the redemption rate for airfare and hotels is horrible.

Carnival purchase of $1500 or more, as a statement credit after the fact is the best way to redeem FPs, by far.

ETA:

$15,000 on Carnival-------------will cost 100,000 FP to get a statement credit for the full amount

$15,000 on Costa (or HAL, etc.) will cost 150,000 FP

$15,000 in Airfare or Hotel ------will cost 166,667 FP

Is this right or are you off by a decimal point?

Is this right or are you off by a decimal point?

Oh, dear!:eek: That'll teach me not to post numbers before I'm finished with my second cup of tea.:o Good look, FBW! Sorry about that.

Yes, that should read: $1,500 purchase amount in all of those examples. So sorry.:o

Little help here please. I got my card yesterday..made a purchase..just checked my account and the purchase and the 10,000 points have not yet posted. I assume maybe 48 hours. So I can use the 10000 points for $100 OBC? But probably shouldn't? I should pay off my cruise with the card and save points ?

Little help here please. I got my card yesterday..made a purchase..just checked my account and the purchase and the 10,000 points have not yet posted. I assume maybe 48 hours. So I can use the 10000 points for $100 OBC? But probably shouldn't? I should pay off my cruise with the card and save points ?

Yes, it sounds like you've pretty much got it figured out.:) It may take longer than 48 hours for your bonus points to post to your account, though. I'd give it 14 days before I started getting concerned, then I'd call Barclays.

Yes, you can cash in the 10,000 FPs for $100 OBC, but as you said, you shouldn't if you want to get the most money for your points and the most points for your money.;)

Yes, pay for all your Carnival purchases with the card, collecting your double FPs for those purchases, and redeem your points afterwards for a statement credit, preferably after you have saved up 100,000 FPs. But even if you cash in a smaller amount than 100,000, it's still always a better deal to do it this way. For more detailed explanation of how and why, see my post #30 in this thread, with my Micah's Grandad example.;)

Let me know if anything is still unclear. I'm happy to help if I can.:)

Edited by ShakyBeef

Yes, it sounds like you've pretty much got it figured out.:) It may take longer than 48 hours for your bonus points to post to your account, though. I'd give it 14 days before I started getting concerned, then I'd call Barclays.

Yes, you can cash in the 10,000 FPs for $100 OBC, but as you said, you shouldn't if you want to get the most money for your points and the most points for your money.;)

Yes, pay for all your Carnival purchases with the card, collecting your double FPs for those purchases, and redeem your points afterwards for a statement credit, preferably after you have saved up 100,000 FPs. But even if you cash in a smaller amount than 100,000, it's still always a better deal to do it this way. For more detailed explanation of how and why, see my post #30 in this thread, with my Micah's Grandad example.;)

Oh yeah. Post #30 is an outstanding explanation! I missed that one. I was on a boat that day :D

Edited by Saint Greg

Shaky, I was under the impression you needed 12,500 points to purchase $100 OBC, but that 10,000 points can be used to erase $100 of charges on your credit card statement (provided they are Carnival charges). Do I have this wrong?

That goes back to my game plan of "make one minor purchase, get 10K points, pay $100 towards carnival cruise, redeem 10K points against that $100 carnival charge, never use again"

Shaky, I was under the impression you needed 12,500 points to purchase $100 OBC, but that 10,000 points can be used to erase $100 of charges on your credit card statement (provided they are Carnival charges). Do I have this wrong?

That goes back to my game plan of "make one minor purchase, get 10K points, pay $100 towards carnival cruise, redeem 10K points against that $100 carnival charge, never use again"

That is correct and that is exactly what I did.

That is correct and that is exactly what I did.

Well, crap.:mad: There I go again. I obviously need a lot more caffeine or a good nap. OK, that does it! - I am disallowing myself to post anything involving numbers for the rest of the day. You're correct. Now, off to the penalty box with me.:o

Well, crap.:mad: There I go again. I obviously need a lot more caffeine or a good nap. OK, that does it! - I am disallowing myself to post anything involving numbers for the rest of the day. You're correct. Now, off to the penalty box with me.:o

No, no, I like the caffeine idea better. Go for that instead!

I will say though, that if I had a LARGE balance to pay and was using the Carnival card, I'd put significantly more on there just to accrue more points to redeem. But I only have a small balance to pay for chasing points here is not worth it for me.

Oh yeah. Post #30 is an outstanding explanation! I missed that one. I was on a boat that day :D

Thanks.:) Thankfully, I wrote that one when my brain was fully-caffeinated and thus fully functioning. I don't know what's wrong with me today.:o

You can apply some or all of your points (depending on the amount of points you have and the $ amount of the qualifying purchase) towards a Carnival purchase that you have already made for a "partial credit" statement credit.

For instance, when I click on "Redeem Now" beside my recent Cheers! purchase in my list of redemption options, a menu box pops up, offering me the choice to redeem 80,420 FPs for a statement credit of the entire amount of $804.20, or 80,000 FPs for $800, or 75,000 for $750, or 70,000 for $700 of it. But I currently have over 168,000 current FPs available to redeem. I'm pretty sure that if I had 7,594 FPs, the redemption options it gave me would be adjusted appropriately - for example, it might say I could redeem 7,500 for $75 back.;)

But since FunPoints don't expire anymore (yay, Barclays for getting rid of that 5 year expiration!:D), after redeeming as many as you can, you can save up some more points if you're not getting rid of the card, and use them for a future carnival purchase of $50 or more. But I highly recommend saving your points until you get to 100,000 so you can get the better redemption rate.;)

From Barclaycard:

"Redeem your FunPoints for statement credits toward travel purchases of $50 or more on Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Costa Cruises, The Cunard Line or The Yachts of Seabourn or for hotel stays and airfare. And remember, you have 180 days to pay yourself back for a statement credit toward eligible purchases! Statement credit redemptions start at 5,000 FunPoints."

When I select on my Carnival Purchase and select Redeem... I am given one option: 5000 pts. for $50 credit. I, too, thought I would be given of using all 7,5XX pts at the one time for whatever that would equate too. You're right, I can leave it open and start accruing again. I just want to hit my $4000 purchase amount in 90 days through Chase so I can get my 50,000 point bonus. Plus 5K for adding an additional user. This is worth $550 cash back and they also get 2% on all travel and restaurant purchases. Thanks for the great infor, Shaky!

When I select on my Carnival Purchase and select Redeem... I am given one option: 5000 pts. for $50 credit. I, too, thought I would be given of using all 7,5XX pts at the one time for whatever that would equate too. You're right, I can leave it open and start accruing again. I just want to hit my $4000 purchase amount in 90 days through Chase so I can get my 50,000 point bonus. Plus 5K for adding an additional user. This is worth $550 cash back and they also get 2% on all travel and restaurant purchases. Thanks for the great infor, Shaky!

We just hit our $4000 purchase amount on our Chase and went to redeem and had $613 with the extra points. I was surprised!

I was wondering the same thing and after reading the info on Barclays, it said they will be added after the first statement. I was wondering were my points were as well but won't make a stink until after I get my first statement. I have been using it like my debit card and paying it off weekly.

We just hit our $4000 purchase amount on our Chase and went to redeem and had $613 with the extra points. I was surprised!

VERY NICE!! I am about to pay off my cruise for $2260. And $230 on a Barcelona hotel and about $500 on luggage. $500 free bucks is free bucks... plus, like you said, the additional points you accumulate while making the purchases to get to the threshold. I purposely didn't add my wife to the account so I could add her as an authorized user for the additional 5000 pts... or $50.

WIN/WIN:)

VERY NICE!! I am about to pay off my cruise for $2260. And $230 on a Barcelona hotel and about $500 on luggage. $500 free bucks is free bucks... plus, like you said, the additional points you accumulate while making the purchases to get to the threshold. I purposely didn't add my wife to the account so I could add her as an authorized user for the additional 5000 pts... or $50.

WIN/WIN:)

Online I find 10k point sign ups. Maybe skip the 5k authorized user and just have her apply on her own. Carnival will let you split payments between cards.

Online I find 10k point sign ups. Maybe skip the 5k authorized user and just have her apply on her own. Carnival will let you split payments between cards.

Chase Sapphire Preferred offers 50,000 pts if you spend 4K in first 3 months.

I see what you mean about having her have her own card and possibly double dipping on the free points... I do not know if we would make the threshold on two cards as I deploy in May for 4 months. We usually spend way less money when I'm gone. LMAO :rolleyes: This is why I was leaning toward just getting the 5K bonus for a sure thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I read this thread and felt really shorted by the lame 5000 pts they gave me when I applied...and they knew full well they were offering better deals to the public. I went to carnivalfunpoints.com and saw the current offer & stayed there while I called Barclay about my new Carnival mastercard (that I got on 3/15/16). I got the runaround from the man who answered the phone, so I asked to speak to someone else. He transferred me to some lady & I told her the same thing I told the previous person, that I am a VERY new Carnival Mastercard holder with an awesome credit score & felt slighted that I got 1/2 the FP's they're offering everyone else. She argued that the offer I signed up for was only 5000 FP's and that she can't change that on my account. I told her that I believed her and that I wasn't asking to go back in time & change the OFFER, but that I just wanted the addt'l 5000 pts credited to me. She again said she couldn't do it. I asked to speak to a supervisor, to which she replied SHE was a supervisor...I then said that I'd like to talk to ANOTHER supervisor. She sighed audibly and then said she could offer me something--if I charged $1000 on the card w/in the next 90 days she'd add the add'tl pts. Hey, no problem as I am booking my August cruise and all excursions on the card. Took me about 10 mins to get them to make this right for me yesterday.

They can do more than they let on, ya'll. Just sayin'.

I read this thread and felt really shorted by the lame 5000 pts they gave me when I applied...and they knew full well they were offering better deals to the public. I went to carnivalfunpoints.com and saw the current offer & stayed there while I called Barclay about my new Carnival mastercard (that I got on 3/15/16). I got the runaround from the man who answered the phone, so I asked to speak to someone else. He transferred me to some lady & I told her the same thing I told the previous person, that I am a VERY new Carnival Mastercard holder with an awesome credit score & felt slighted that I got 1/2 the FP's they're offering everyone else. She argued that the offer I signed up for was only 5000 FP's and that she can't change that on my account. I told her that I believed her and that I wasn't asking to go back in time & change the OFFER, but that I just wanted the addt'l 5000 pts credited to me. She again said she couldn't do it. I asked to speak to a supervisor, to which she replied SHE was a supervisor...I then said that I'd like to talk to ANOTHER supervisor. She sighed audibly and then said she could offer me something--if I charged $1000 on the card w/in the next 90 days she'd add the add'tl pts. Hey, no problem as I am booking my August cruise and all excursions on the card. Took me about 10 mins to get them to make this right for me yesterday.

They can do more than they let on, ya'll. Just sayin'.

Score! Good for you!:)

I got my card and made purchases but did not get my 10,000 points credited yet. Do I have to wait until the they process the first statement or should I have gotten it after the first charge posted to the card?

I got my card and made purchases but did not get my 10,000 points credited yet. Do I have to wait until the they process the first statement or should I have gotten it after the first charge posted to the card?

My initial 5000 pts posted immediately after the 1st transaction hard posted. You should've already seen it.