Grand Suite on Oasis!

My family and I are sailing on the April 30 trip for the Oasis of the Seas. Me, the hubs and our two boys ages 7 and 4( I've never sailed in a suite before and I'm getting super excited!! Question - I've started to make some reservations for us for various shows, but some of them are sold out at the times we wanted (comedy show specifically). Can I just ask the Concierge to get us reservations for the shows we want even though they show as full online?

Coastal Kitchen - do we need to make reservations there? I'm thinking we will probably eat there quite a bit as my oldest son is sensitive to lots of loud noise, so I imagine the Main Dining Rooms won't be his favourite place. I haven't been able to find it to make reservations online, so I assume we have to wait until we get on the ship to do that? Also, is wine with dinner included when in the Coastal Kitchen, or is that a different thing?

We aren't huge drinkers but I thought I read somewhere that there is free beer and wine available in the suite lounge starting at 11am every day? True story? If so that would mean we shouldn't bother looking at drink packages, right?

And last question - (for now!!) - how was the internet service? My husband is going to go mental if he has to go without internet for a whole week, so I'm thinking we will need to purchase a package. My concern is that service might be spotty - anyone have any feedback on that?

Thanks in advance!

Heather

On embarkation day, go directly to suite lounge and ask one of the concierges about reservation for comedy club. In October I overhead a couple say that the concierge was able to do that for them. Then walk over to podium at Coastal Kitchen and the staff will make all reservations for you.

In October the internet was great, super fast.

Beer and wine is available lunch through evening, mixed drinks during happy hour, check for times.

You are in for a great vacation, my husband enjoyed ours in October.

We were in suite 11654 in November, we made no reservations for Coastal Kitchen at all, just showed up and got a table. Only show that needs reservation being in a suite is Comedy Show being a suite guest. Otherwise show your gold room key and they will show you where to sit. :)

We were first time suite guests and going again to Alaska in GS 2017.

If you were booking a Grand Suite on Oasis, is there a particular one you would book, and why?

I was fond of the GS location on deck 8, provided great access to Central Park etc. Others will have different perceptions, of course.

Note that some of the GS are connecting cabins - you may want to avoid those.

BobJ

I have had several different locations but liked 7254 quite a bit - 1 deck down to Boardwalk and 1 deck up to Central Park. However, on an upcoming cruise, as I spend more time in Central Park, I have gone for deck 8.

I honestly don't think you can go far wrong with any of them but as mentioned, avoid connecting staterooms if you can.

The only ones I might avoid would be directly below the pool deck. We were in 10660 on Allure a few months ago and didn't mind the location at all. Elevators were generally very quick and worst case a couple flights of stairs up or down and we were where we wanted to be.

We did spend a lot of time in the Suite Lounge, so next time we might do a CLS or something else on 17, if only for the convenience. But you are pretty far away from the MDRs.

We were in suite 11654 in November, we made no reservations for Coastal Kitchen at all, just showed up and got a table. Only show that needs reservation being in a suite is Comedy Show being a suite guest. Otherwise show your gold room key and they will show you where to sit. :)

We were first time suite guests and going again to Alaska in GS 2017.

We are sailing in August - our son and his family will be in a GS and we will be connecting next to him in a balcony room. I am in charge of all of the accounts, reservations, etc. So as far as the shows go - he and his family will just need to show up at whatever show we want to go to with their key and I will make reservations for us only? I know we probably won't be sitting by each other if it is done that way.

Thank you

Thank you, all. We currently have 8660 so it's looks like it's a good location. It looks like it's close to the elevators, so I was wondering about that.

We were in 10660, so 2 floors up. Yes, you're VERY close to elevators. Also we were port side on our Western route (Falmouth, Labadee, Cozumel).

Squirty27: They have special rows or sections for Suite guests to sit but 5 or 10 minutes before the show they will let anyone sit in seats not taken.

Are suite guests allowed to get seats for travelling family members. There are 3 in his cabin and then 4 of us. Would like to know how that works so if need be, I can get our seats before we cruise.

Thank you

Are suite guests allowed to get seats for travelling family members. There are 3 in his cabin and then 4 of us. Would like to know how that works so if need be, I can get our seats before we cruise.

Thank you

Only way for non-suite guest (those without the Gold Card) to sit in the seats (even if they are family traveling with you but not staying in a suite) is to see if there are empty suite guest "reserved section" seats at show time. Its risky because if another suite guest comes along the rest of your party is likely to be asked to please move.

Edited by Dlanco

Only way for non-suite guest (those without the Gold Card) to sit in the seats (even if they are family traveling with you but not staying in a suite) is to see if there are empty suite guest "reserved section" seats at show time. Its risky because if another suite guest comes along the rest of your party is likely to be asked to please move.

Thanks, I will go ahead and make our seating reservations ahead of time. May even include the 3 in his cabin so we can sit together.

I can say on our trip not all seats were taken at all on any show we went to in the "suite only" sections. For the Ice show it is the rows are the first two down on the left side walking in. Depending of course on how many are wanting to watch the show when you decide to go I think the possibilities of sitting together are just fine. :)

Edited by BettyGiggles

Thank you

The rules say no - each person in the reserved section must have a gold card. In practice what I saw was that as long as one of your party flashed a gold card, no questions were asked. Same went for the Suite Lounge (in fact the concierge brought some friends of his up there several times and they enjoyed free drinks).

Also it appears they allow you to bring non-suite guests to Coastal Kitchen once or twice during the sailing as long as they have availability. We saw several non-suite diners during our sailing.

Not telling you to skirt any rules - just what I observed.

suite guests do not have to sit in the reserved suite area. they can sit where ever there is an open seat. I assume you know reservations only get you into the theater. there are no seat assignments.

I can say on our trip not all seats were taken at all on any show we went to in the "suite only" sections. For the Ice show it is the rows are the first two down on the left side walking in. Depending of course on how many are wanting to watch the show when you decide to go I think the possibilities of sitting together are just fine. :)

We've managed well with "mixed" parties by having the non-suite guests arrive 15 minutes before showtime, right before the concierge/suite section opens up. A lot of folks have figured this out, so there does seem to be a general rush into the section 10 minutes before each show. That being said, we've never had problems getting to sit together.