FreedomOTS - Eastern caribbean review

Thanks for the review.

We're sailing on the Freedom next February and I have a couple of questions.

Did you use the Freestyle coke machines? Any issues with ice or flavours running out?

How about Café Promenade or Sorrento's pizza - did you visit them? How was the selection?

Thanks.

Thanks for the review. Sounds like you enjoyed. Must have been rough though (no pun intended) with the bad weather.

Can I ask what you did in St Maarten. We're looking for ideas.

I've heard great things about the Secret Sands excursion.

We first went to Dawn beach, but there was a lot of seaweed and huge waves. So we went to Le Galion instead, Really nice beach! Water was calm and beach was clean. Lots of water activities to choose from and a nice small restaurant/bar.

Then we went shopping for a little while in Phillipsburg, a nice variety of stores. Both luxury jewelry, clothing and souvenir shops.

The walk back to the pier was not long at all, ten minutes maximum (with our pace :p)

Enjoying your review; sounds like you had a great time. We board 4 weeks from today with the same eastern itinerary. It will be our 3rd time on FOS. What time did you arrive in St. Thomas? Itinerary says noon but others had commented on actually arriving earlier. We have a 1/2 day excursion planned starting at 1:00pm.

We arrived at 11:00 a.m, so 1 hour earlier than the itinerary says.

Edited by kellsan

We first went to Dawn beach, but there was a lot of seaweed and huge waves. So we went to Le Galion instead, Really nice beach! Water was calm and beach was clean. Lots of water activities to choose from and a nice small restaurant/bar.

Then we went shopping for a little while in Phillipsburg, a nice variety of stores. Both luxury jewelry, clothing and souvenir shops.

The walk back to the pier was not long at all, ten minutes maximum (with our pace :p)

Thanks for getting back to me. Have heard Dawn can be rough...and Le Galion the opposite. Sounds like you had a great day with a nice mix of beach and shopping.

Thanks for the review.

We're sailing on the Freedom next February and I have a couple of questions.

Did you use the Freestyle coke machines? Any issues with ice or flavours running out?

How about Café Promenade or Sorrento's pizza - did you visit them? How was the selection?

Thanks.

We did not use the freestyle Coke machines, so can't comment on that. We visited both Sorrentos and Cafe Promenade several times. Some of the things we loved, like the Led zeppoles and The roti wrap. But as usual it's a hit and miss, so some things really wasn't for us. That depends on your taste of course. But the selection doesn't change from day to day, as I wrongly assumed. So don't hurry to try everything in one day, as they'll be there the whole week.