St. Thomas with small children, need recommendations

garden bfly

We will be visiting St. Thomas on the Disney Fantasy in June. We have two small children, ages 2 and 5. They both enjoy outdoor activities like swimming and hiking, but obviously are too small for snorkeling. I'm looking for advice for what we should do while in port. I've read about the beaches (and we may do that), but wonder if anyone has done any other excursions or private tours that they would recommend. We will be traveling as a group of 6. Thanks for any help!

See if you can reserve a tour with Papa Bear of Air Force One. http://Http://WWW.havefunwithus.net. Mention Energizer Bunny when you contact him to make sure he does your tour.

His tour stops at a small farm so the kids can pet animals. He may be the only driver that includes that stop.

He can drop you at a beach for a few hours before returning you to your ship.

A new children's museum is opening Mar 20, 2016 in town so that's another option. You could go there for a short visit before taking a taxi to a beach - either Magens or Emerald. Magic Ice gallery is also in town if you didn't want to to go to beach.

Thanks so much for the response! I'm also considering a boat charter, but those seem to be much more snorkeling-centered. I'm trying to figure out if we could do a boat charter with some beach time, rather than snorkeling.

The Kon Tiki is very family friendly and is not snorkeling oriented. Boat can carry a crowd, though. Room to dance to the live band and kids seem to really like that. Easy on and off. This excursion is sold through most ships.

The Kon Tiki is very family friendly and is not snorkeling oriented. Boat can carry a crowd, though. Room to dance to the live band and kids seem to really like that. Easy on and off. This excursion is sold through most ships.

Ms411 - You are always so helpful! Sort-of off topic... we booked with Papa Bear for our cruise and are doing a private tour. Do you know if any of the kid-friendly beaches also have wave runner rentals? Other than Megan's Bay, what beach do you recommend for kids? One family in our party wanted to do the wave runners, but I was hoping to do it all at one stop at a beach, and a beach with facilities. :)

Thanks for your help! Carla

You're welcome. But, I would check day of to see if they are setting up on any given day. This is season, but will they be there every day during off season? Others have offered jet ski rentals in that location and did not last long.

You're welcome. But, I would check day of to see if they are setting up on any given day. This is season, but will they be there every day during off season? Others have offered jet ski rentals in that location and did not last long.

OK - I was asking on behalf of garden bfly in case they decided on a beach day :)

We raised our kids on St Thomas and for little ones the ages of yours, especially since they like to swim, I think Magen's Bay is a perfect choice. There are almost never any waves, so the water is warm, gentle and perfectly clear. Such a lovely way for the smallest swimmers to enjoy a day. Sometimes they can spot small fishes around their feet, Even without a mask or snorkel.