Port Canaveral on Breakaway

tfabrizio

I am cruising on Breakaway with my six year old son for the April 3rd departure. We call on Port Canaveral but don't get into port until the early afternoon. Just wondering if there is a bus that one can take down to the Jetty Park that is fairly cheap from the cruise terminal.

Also, anyone know which dock the ship goes to? I see a great number of berths for the cruise ships.

Lastly, anyone have experience with booking one of the helicopter tours independently?

Thanks!!!!

NCL has been using terminal 1 this year. The BA might have docked at a different terminal for the recent sailing that changed its route though as it appeared to be a different location when looking at the webcam but Term 1 has been the normal one.

My wife and I are on the 4/3 sailing as well. We went to Port Canaveral on Carnival 5 years ago. We booked the shuttle to Cocoa Beach/Cocoa Village through the cruise line then, and are planning on doing the same thing this time around. We're going to book the shuttle to Cocoa Beach with the add-on shuttle to Cocoa Village for the extra $3. I think it's $17 each for both. If it's like what Carnival did, there are buses that run from the cruise pier to Cocoa Beach, then there will be some that also then run from Cocoa Beach over to Cocoa Village - which I think may have been 10-15 minute ride. The bus was very convenient. With Carnival, it dropped us off right by Ron Jon Surf Shop in Cocoa Beach.

Carnival docked in the morning at Port Canaveral, so it will be a little different for us this time. Last time though, when we got in, it was overcast and getting ready to storm, so we went into Ron Jon and did some shopping, then took the shuttle to Cocoa Village for lunch and walking around the small town area. We got lunch at a little pizza place - cheapest meal we've ever had while off the boat on a cruise. By the time we were done there, it had cleared up and the sun came out, so we took the the shuttle back to Cocoa Beach and spent some time on the beach.

We're hoping the shuttle will be similar this time around, and it's probably cheaper than getting cab rides for all of that.