transportation to port

Hello,

We are using AIRBNB for our pre-cruise place to stay in Barcelona and I am wondering what is our best way to get to the port. 6 people. I am not opposed to taking a taxi but since we aren't staying at an actual hotel I am not sure how we could catch a cab. Are we best off scheduling a service? Suggestions please :)

Edited by anneep1016

Taxis are readily available to hail in the street and are fairly cheap.

There are 6 of us in total. Are we likely to need two taxis? If so at that point would it be cheaper to hire a car service for about 85euros?

There is a set price for the taxi to the airport, but I can't remember how much it is. I think it is about 30 euros, but sure somebody else will know.

I don't see any point in pre booking ax taxis are so plentiful in Barcelona, unless you are staying in an out of the way place.

In doing a little research, I ran across a company call AeroCITY. They are affiliated with Super Shuttle and their prices are the best I've seen for transportation from the airport to the port (or your hotel) & back from the port (or hotel).

Unfortunately, it seems that they do not provide a service from your hotel to the port.

I downloaded an app called My Taxi. You can prearrange a taxi pick up from your location and set up an account with them, similar to Uber, so that no money needs to exchange hands. I haven't used them before, but that is my plan in Barcelona. The app is simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

ladybird73

Not sure what the situation is now, but Paris and Barcelona, like London had huge demonstrations against Uber. Not sure how they ultimately got on, but they are not popular with taxi drivers at all in London. There has also been a lot of controversy regarding their cars and particularly their drivers.

As I previously stated, taxis are almost always available in the street, but if you need to call, use the number supplied by hkto.