Spa pass or Vibe pass on Breakaway?

bobg529

Hi folks! I need a little expert advice so where else would I come right? I'm sailing on the Breakaway on May 29th and I'm torn on weather to rush aboard and try for a vibe pass, or to just buy the spa pass and use Spice H20 for free. What's the weather like on deck the first week of June? I could buy both I suppose but I'm trying to be frugal, lol. Anyway, what would you do? Inquiring minds want to know! [emoji41]

Done both, in late May-June and July.

Depends on what you are looking for. Spa pass is nice, and is a different type of relaxation than Vibe. You have the whirlpools, ceramic heated loungers, the salt room etc.

The VIBE is great, but is only a lounging area, bar and "hot" tub. It can be windy up there on sea days. It can be quiet, or rowdy depnding on teh crowd. If its raining, then you are SOL on Vibe.

I had been debating this myself for well, months now! Having never been on NCL before though it was rather hard for me to decide.

In the end since I am on the cruise after you and we just hit 90 days, I made the decision and just bought spa passes today.

I looked at it from a lot of angles before I could decide. Either way we are sailing with out 14 yr old so he can't get in either :p What decided it for me, is I didn't want to give our our room (M6) in trying to get a deal on a spa-mini. Heck I would be pressed to give up our room for anything >$400 to move to a suite!

I also didn't quite like the idea of having to rush to the port, and hope and pray that I would be quick enough for Vibe passes. To me, that doesn't seem like a very "fun" way to start a vacation! If you have a good balcony room, I in the end couldn't see myself using Vibe enough to be outdoors to make the "rush" of possibly getting Vibe worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
I searched but can't find the answer.

How much is a spa pass for a 7 day cruise (Breakaway)? Thanks in advance!

While I don't have an answer for you - I live in Flemington too!!! Small world! lol

I think you can pre-book the Spa. I would check NCL.com. I would guess it will give you some prices when you log into My NCL

Edited by laurabegorrah

Spa pass (advance): $179

Spa pass (on board): $199

Vibe pass: $99

Cabana: $329 (includes two vibe passes and $100 food & beverage OBC)

So, NCL finally figured out the old price of $299 for the cabana plus $100 obc made it almost zero net cost for the cabana?