Room Service - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly?

We always order "pre-breakfast" and enjoy coffee, fruit and a roll on the balcony in the morning.

Lol, I must have a very dirty mind. Can you guess the first thing I thought? :eek: I had to re-read it. It kind of shocked me the first time around. Hahaha

Lol, I must have a very dirty mind. Can you guess the first thing I thought? :eek: I had to re-read it. It kind of shocked me the first time around. Hahaha

LOL!!!! :D:D I think they are bragging now!

• 4 weeks later...
I dont think Honey Stung Chicken is available anywhere on any Royal ship anymore. I know its still listed on the room service menu :confused: We were brought chicken tenders.

Yes. It is definitely not the same. I ordered it on Freedom and what I received were 3 very dry and very tough pieces of chicken with no flavor. I couldn't even cut it. I'll stick to the burgers or the cheese plate in the future.

Yes. It is definitely not the same. I ordered it on Freedom and what I received were 3 very dry and very tough pieces of chicken with no flavor. I couldn't even cut it. I'll stick to the burgers or the cheese plate in the future.

I've only had it in the Windjammer once and at the time, wasn't impressed after seeing all the hub bub about honey stung chicken on these CC boards. Maybe I just got a bad batch like you did with the room service version. Which makes me think, does room service food come from its own kitchen or does it come from the Windjammer kitchen? Anyone know?

That helps me be prepared, thanks!

What do you recommend to give as a tip for room service? Have teens that will be in a separate room and want to tell them what to give. Is it like $1 for each delivery? $2?

Thanks for the advice

We use room service as our wake-up call when we need to get up at a certain time. We get breakfast and all sorts of goodies in bed or on the balcony. Especially before going into port this is nice. Waking up, eating, getting ready before heading out.

During days when we don't have to wake up we'll get the latest breakfast delivery we can and eat it, then go back to bed.

Our nightly routine is to fill out the little breakfast door hanger and put it up every night before turning in.

Any other time if we want food we'll go to the windjammer or the sandwich shop.

What do you recommend to give as a tip for room service? Have teens that will be in a separate room and want to tell them what to give. Is it like $1 for each delivery? $2?

Thanks for the advice

I always give $2 but then again we order tons of food.

Thanks for the advice

LOL - we had the 3 kids in the cabin next to ours (ages 9, 14 and 19) and on the 1st day I gave them a stack of twenty $1 bills to use for room service - as they LOVED to order all sorts of stuff.

On day 3 they came to me to ask for MORE TIP MONEY!!! HUH? Seems they were having a grand old time and would order one cookie or one brownie or one salad and tip - so by the 3rd day they ran out of money! :eek:;)

LOL - we had the 3 kids in the cabin next to ours (ages 9, 14 and 19) and on the 1st day I gave them a stack of twenty $1 bills to use for room service - as they LOVED to order all sorts of stuff.

On day 3 they came to me to ask for MORE TIP MONEY!!! HUH? Seems they were having a grand old time and would order one cookie or one brownie or one salad and tip - so by the 3rd day they ran out of money! :eek:;)

Oh goodness! Well, hopefully it was a one-time lesson that won't have to be repeated ;) With our two teen boys, your experience is a great reminder for me and the hubby to really clarify things with them before they catch the room service bug, ha ha.

Planning my first cruise next year; Is room service for breakfast really more efficient than just going to the windjammer on port days? Does the Windjammer not open until later or something?

More convenient no, but sometimes it's nice to be able to relax in your room and eat in your pajamas, instead of getting dressed to go to one of the dining areas. The morning we did that in Icy Straight Point, we were in no hurry to get off the ship. Our breakfast on the balcony was wonderful.

My time on Liberty was fantastic, but when we tried to order room service, we were told it would be a two hour wait. It was well past the dinner hour and we were looking for a snack or dessert. We told them to forget it and went to sleep. That was the only time I tried.

My time on Liberty was fantastic, but when we tried to order room service, we were told it would be a two hour wait. It was well past the dinner hour and we were looking for a snack or dessert. We told them to forget it and went to sleep. That was the only time I tried.

Whoa! That must have been unusual. Maybe the longest wait we had was 45 minutes and it was an after dinner snack before bed too. Too bad it was a bad experience.

Can you use your drink package to order the room service drinks? Would mimosas be included in the ultimate package?

thank you in advance

Nope, room service drinks are not included in the packages.

Whoa! That must have been unusual. Maybe the longest wait we had was 45 minutes and it was an after dinner snack before bed too. Too bad it was a bad experience.

Just off the Allure and our wait was an hour each time. We (teenage girls)ordered several times late evening. Pizza, spinach dip and cookies.

We still had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed the trip. Both of us probably slept better not eating something so close to bedtime, haha. I would sail Liberty again in a heartbeat. I wish she'd come back to Bayonne.

Just off the Allure and our wait was an hour each time. We (teenage girls)ordered several times late evening. Pizza, spinach dip and cookies.

Interesting. I wonder if the location of your room makes a difference, like being closer to the elevators??? We're in a suite on our next cruise and aft, so not really next to the elevators. It'll be interesting to see how that room service is, especially with an upgraded menu for suites.

We still had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed the trip. Both of us probably slept better not eating something so close to bedtime, haha. I would sail Liberty again in a heartbeat. I wish she'd come back to Bayonne.

Same with us but a vacation sometimes calls for "bad" choices... Things you wouldn't do at home but certainly fun on vacation [emoji6]

When I was on Liberty last year, I tried on three different occasions and it was OVER two hours each time. It also did not ruin my cruise and I'm booked on her again, but sure hope they have it sorted out by then.

Planning my first cruise next year; Is room service for breakfast really more efficient than just going to the windjammer on port days? Does the Windjammer not open until later or something?

We used the room service as our wake up call. We woke up, had breakfast in bed or on the balcony, then got ready for our day.

The other option would be to set an alarm some how, get ready, then eat with other people way too early to see other human beings.

The other option would be to set an alarm some how, get ready, then eat with other people way too early to see other human beings.

Ah, another fellow non-morning person like myself! Are you still in your pajamas when they come to the door? :)

Ah, another fellow non-morning person like myself! Are you still in your pajamas when they come to the door? :)

Yeah, it was nice when we had a Junior Suite because they gave us robes as well. Sitting out on the balcony, having a quiet breakfast in robes.

Feels like vacation to me.

• 1 month later...

I've been reading this thread with interest. A couple of people have posted the Harmony of the Seas room service menu online and it doesn't seem to match up at all with what is in this thread. Looks quite lame in comparison. No Bistro burger that everyone is raving about and there is a charge for burgers? Have to pay extra for a hot breakfast? Only two sandwich choices? Is that right?

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/2016/05/25/harmony-of-the-seas-room-service-menu/

Edited by ClawhammerBanjo

I've been reading this thread with interest. A couple of people have posted the Harmony of the Seas room service menu online and it doesn't seem to match up at all with what is in this thread. Looks quite lame in comparison. No Bistro burger that everyone is raving about and there is a charge for burgers? Have to pay extra for a hot breakfast? Only two sandwich choices? Is that right?

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/2016/05/25/harmony-of-the-seas-room-service-menu/

Looks a lot like the room service menu on the Anthem. While we really enjoyed having breakfast twice out on the balcony last year on the Radiance, we didn't do it at all this year on the Anthem. Wasn't going to pay extra for what we could get upstairs for no charge.

Edited by hapster85

I agree it does look very lame! I also wonder if the menu will change when it sails out of Ft Lauderdale. I havent a clue what a Scotch egg is and the Banger and mash are not usual typical American foods. Since she is sailing oversees right now I wonder if that menu is to cater to those guests.