Walking tour in Ketchikan

gottagoacruzn

Hi guys, here's the itinerary for the cruise that I'll be on in June, will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam,

June 18th, depart Vancouver 5 p.m.

June 19th, Inside passage

June 20th, Tracy Arm, 10 a.m. 10:30 a.m.

June 20th, Juneau 1 p.m. 10 p.m.

June 21st, Skagway 7 a.m. 9 p.m.

June 22nd, Glacier Bay 7 a.m. 4 p.m.

June 23rd, Ketchikan 10 a.m. 6 p.m.

June 24th, Inside passage

June 25th, Vancouver, 7 a.m.

When the ship gets into Ketchikan, was thinkin about takin the Duck tour, then do the walking tour, with map in hand. My question will there be enough time to do both, an still get to see everything? Also, maybe get lunch at the Burger Queen? Also, on the way to Skagway, would the ship pass Ketchikan during the day, and could get a glimpse of the place, Ketchikan? Before I forget, thanks for your answers.:)

If you book an early duck tour you should have a good portion of the day left. We booked a very early one and we were back before lunch. Not sure what time the walking tours are. After the tour we walked on our own. The duck tour goes all over the town, and overlap some areas a few times. I'm sure that doing both will be fun but honestly you're going to hear a lot of the same stuff and see a lot of the same things several times. After the duck tour we decided to walk on our own and look at a few areas we wanted to see a little longer. And then we went to lunch. And our cruise left at 11:45. We only had a half day there.

Hi guys, here's the itinerary for the cruise that I'll be on in June, will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam,

June 18th, depart Vancouver 5 p.m.

June 19th, Inside passage

June 20th, Tracy Arm, 10 a.m. 10:30 a.m.

June 20th, Juneau 1 p.m. 10 p.m.

June 21st, Skagway 7 a.m. 9 p.m.

June 22nd, Glacier Bay 7 a.m. 4 p.m.

June 23rd, Ketchikan 10 a.m. 6 p.m.

June 24th, Inside passage

June 25th, Vancouver, 7 a.m.

When the ship gets into Ketchikan, was thinkin about takin the Duck tour, then do the walking tour, with map in hand. My question will there be enough time to do both, an still get to see everything? Also, maybe get lunch at the Burger Queen? Also, on the way to Skagway, would the ship pass Ketchikan during the day, and could get a glimpse of the place, Ketchikan? Before I forget, thanks for your answers.:)

If you schedule the Duck tour for the beginning or end of your port day, you have plenty of time. Here is a walking tour, I recommend- walk down Mission St. then take a look at Creek St, a couple totems to see. Take the funicular up to the Fox Lodge, more totems out back. Walk back down the Married Man's trail. At the end, on Park, turn right, follow Creek. On the right, turn at the Hatchery/Totem Heritage Museum. (hatchery is closed). Continue through the city park, turn right at Deermount, down hill to end, turn right, back at the end of Creek Street. You can just walk toward the ship down any street. you can pass Whale Park, more totems.

Take a look at a map, Skagway is no where near Ketchikan. You also have to take the ship tour, if you want to see Tracy Arm- which is a "must" in my opinion. :)

Edited by Budget Queen