Internet packages anthem of the seas

I am going on the twelve night southern Caribbean leaving on Easter Sunday and don't want to spend a lot on internet as I am not hooked on constant access. I don't even have a smart phone but will be bringing my tablet.

1) On last weekends cruise I saw that wi fi was opened up for an hour every day. is this normal or just a symptom of recent dis content?

2) Is there any free wi fi in ports?

3) any other secrets to gain access on a limited basis?

Again, I don't need or want constant access but it would be nice to occasionally check on things and update face book for my friends. also am leaving a teen ager in the house and would be good to have some way to contact during this long time away.

Thanks, any suggestions would be helpful!

They opened an hour of free internet so that the passengers would share their wonderful experiences with the rest of the world on social media. ;)

This is quite uncommon.

If you want internet on the ship, you will have to pay for it.

IMG_0663_zpsj9g84ogc.jpg

They opened an hour of free internet so that the passengers would share their wonderful experiences with the rest of the world on social media. ;)

This is quite uncommon.

If you want internet on the ship, you will have to pay for it.

IMG_0663_zpsj9g84ogc.jpg

I paid for the internet access. How does it work, do they give you a password for a wifi network?

1) Free wifi this weekend was so we could all post on social media about the WOW on Anthem--they needed the good publicity! Have not seen this happen before, so I would certainly not count on it.

2) Many ports have free WiFi. Ask a crew member--they know the best places! In St. Maarten and St. Thomas, you can get a wifi password from some of the shops if you visit.

3) They do offer a 24 hour package, but it's not cost effective at all!

Having left teenagers at home myself, I consider the unlimited wifi a necessity. It's a small price to pay for the peace of mind of knowing they can reach you if they need you! If you have WhatsApp (or other similar apps) you can even call them over the wifi at No extra charge. Worked great for me on that 12 day.

• 4 weeks later...

how is the quality of the WIFI on board? Is it really unlimited, or do they cut you off (I am not planning on downloading any movies, etc., just curious really).

Is the WIFI also device specific as it says? So if i log in on my phone, that's the device i am getting the WIFI on for the week? I cant log out and have my daughter log in on her phone?

Also, I presume a personal hot spot would incur whatever roaming charges based on what it picks up, correct?

thanks.

mixplix

how is the quality of the WIFI on board? Is it really unlimited, or do they cut you off (I am not planning on downloading any movies, etc., just curious really).

Is the WIFI also device specific as it says? So if i log in on my phone, that's the device i am getting the WIFI on for the week? I cant log out and have my daughter log in on her phone?

Also, I presume a personal hot spot would incur whatever roaming charges based on what it picks up, correct?

thanks.

mixplix

No data limit, it is truly unlimited. You can use any number of different devices, as long as only one (or two if you bought that package) is/are logged in at the same time.

If you turn your phone into a personal hotspot, it will be using cellular data, which means it will be very slow and very expensive.

Edited by clarea