Complimentary Dining - Oasis

I had previously asked about the complimentary dining venues on the Oasis and was given a website to check out. It says that the American Icon Grill has a Brasserie 30 lunch - could someone explain that to me.

Thank you

Ah, got to love the remnants of Dynamic Dinning (DD). What you are seeing is a fancy way of saying that you can have lunch in the Main Dinning Room (MDR) - which is true on every ship. American Icon Grill is one of the levels of the MDR named so during the time when DD was going to be on Oasis class ships. While DD was scrapped (for Oasis class), the name of the venue remains. I assume that Brasserie 30 is probably some marketing name to make it sound fancy.

Ah, got to love the remnants of Dynamic Dinning (DD). What you are seeing is a fancy way of saying that you can have lunch in the Main Dinning Room (MDR) - which is true on every ship. American Icon Grill is one of the levels of the MDR named so during the time when DD was going to be on Oasis class ships. While DD was scrapped (for Oasis class), the name of the venue remains. I assume that Brasserie 30 is probably some marketing name to make it sound fancy.

I guess I missed a thread or two. Dynamic Dining has been scrapped altogether for the Oasis class ships?? Does that mean ALL of them?? I thought Harmony was going to be using it..May help me make up my mind to change my reservation on Harmony or not...

As of now, no DD on any Oasis class ship, though the venues (the three decks of the MDR) are named like on DD ships (Quantum class).

Thank you Biker19, for the update. Been caring for ill parents. Not reading as much as I used to..

Thank you - first time sailing on Royal - what was Dynamic Dining?

It is the default on the Quantum class ships: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/anthemoftheseas/dining/restaurants/

Dynamic Dining Choice gives you the freedom to pick and choose your restaurants and dining times each day and night. Our unique venues feature menus that change throughout the cruise, with guest favorites and new specialty dishes to ensure everyone at the table will find something they love.

Dynamic Dining Classic is a new option for those who prefer the traditional main dining style with the same dining time each night, with the same wait staff and dining companions throughout the cruise. Dynamic Dining Classic is available on a first come, first serve basis.

I had previously asked about the complimentary dining venues on the Oasis and was given a website to check out. It says that the American Icon Grill has a Brasserie 30 lunch - could someone explain that to me.

Thank you

Everyone here is right--no DD on any Oasis-class ship. Brasserie 30 is a lunch in the MDR where you can be in and out in 30 minutes. There is a special Brasserie 30 menu that allows them to serve you that quickly. I believe there may be another "regular" lunch menu you can get if you aren't looking to eat that quickly. This was my experience a few years ago on Oasis but perhaps somebody who's sailed her more recently can chime in :)

It is the default on the Quantum class ships: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/anthemoftheseas/dining/restaurants/

Must be it didn't go over to well? When we cruised on the Breakaway we really liked their freestyle dining - just show up at the restaurant like you would going out at home. Now we travelled with two children and an 80 year old so we would eat dinner at around 5:30 each evening - so there was not wait but it worked out great for us. We liked choosing between the 3 main dining rooms.

If you have traditional dining on the Oasis - does a dining room get picked for you and you eat at the same one each night of the cruise?

Thank you

Must be it didn't go over to well?

If you have traditional dining on the Oasis - does a dining room get picked for you and you eat at the same one each night of the cruise?

DD is not popular with some traditional RCI cruisers - there were endless threads on CC about it when it came out. Most who have experienced it on the ship, like it.

If you have either early of late seating in the MDR, you will be assigned a table for the whole cruise.

"Brasserie" is a French term that means Tavern or Pub

We have lots of Brasseries here in Quebec.

When we went for lunch at Brasserie 30 on Oasis last week they also had a buffet set up with a good selection of choices.

Edited by Cruise Cynic

There's only 1 dining room, it's 3 floors and each floor has a different name. We did MTD on Oasis last August and I can't remember which floor we were on, but 2 (maybe only 1?) of the floors are saved for traditional dining. You can make reservations on your planner before you go but we loved our waiter the first night and changed our reservations to get him each night, so we ate at the same table on the same floor each night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Everyone here is right--no DD on any Oasis-class ship. Brasserie 30 is a lunch in the MDR where you can be in and out in 30 minutes. There is a special Brasserie 30 menu that allows them to serve you that quickly. I believe there may be another "regular" lunch menu you can get if you aren't looking to eat that quickly. This was my experience a few years ago on Oasis but perhaps somebody who's sailed her more recently can chime in :)

All of the ships call their lunch/menu Brasserie 30. It has been that way for, oh, a dozen years? It started out as a "promise to have you out in 30 minutes" but now it's just words on a menu.

:)