VOOM Internet BOGO

Just got an e-mail offering BOGO for the VOOM unlimited internet. Buy 1 get the 2nd device free for $15 per day. Buy 2 get 2 devices (total 4) for $30 per day. Seems like a a good deal. Wonder if C&A discounts apply?

No discounts apply since you have to pre-purchase before you board. Just purchased mine for March 26th on the Oasis, 4 devices for $210.00 instead of the $250.00 on board with the C&A discount.

No discounts apply since you have to pre-purchase before you board. Just purchased mine for March 26th on the Oasis, 4 devices for $210.00 instead of the $250.00 on board with the C&A discount.

I wonder if this promo is being offered on board for those ships that have VOOM or just for pre-pay. Also never had more than 1 device, does the 2-4 device have the same log-in and password or individual passwords.

I wonder if this promo is being offered on board for those ships that have VOOM or just for pre-pay. Also never had more than 1 device, does the 2-4 device have the same log-in and password or individual passwords.

Would have been nice if they offered it on Oasis last week!

They do offer the second device at half off on board, so it's $22.50/day ($15 first device, $7.50 second device).

All devices have the same user name and password.

My son and I each had our phones logged in all the time, and if I forgot to log off my phone before connecting my tablet or Chromebook, it gave me an error message that I was only allowed two devices at a time. Fortunately, I had learned from Cruise Critic that going to logoff.com on my browser would log off the connection, so I just did that on my phone and was able to log in my other device.

I saw on another thread that if you want the C&A discount on the VOOM not to pre-purchase. That you needed to be on the boat to get the discount. How did you get it? Over phone? Website? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw on another thread that if you want the C&A discount on the VOOM not to pre-purchase. That you needed to be on the boat to get the discount. How did you get it? Over phone? Website? TIA

I received an email from RCCL because we are on the March 26th Oasis sailing.

As indicated via e-mail. Don't know if it's available fleet wide where VOOM is offered or just for the March 26 Oasis sail. My key question for those Pax on Oasis now if this promo is offered on-board.

As indicated via e-mail. Don't know if it's available fleet wide where VOOM is offered or just for the March 26 Oasis sail. My key question for those Pax on Oasis now if this promo is offered on-board.

I was on Oasis last week and the only thing they offered was second device half price ($15 + $7.50 = $22.50 for two devices). I was able to get my C&A discount taken off that automatically when I registered on board, though.

Maybe post in the current week roll call if you want to know if they're offering it this week?

Ill be on Oasis of The Seas in September and was curious about the internet package. Now would you need a phone plan from your cell phone provider if you take the Internet Package and how good does this work on Oasis? thanks for the information

Ill be on Oasis of The Seas in September and was curious about the internet package. Now would you need a phone plan from your cell phone provider if you take the Internet Package and how good does this work on Oasis? thanks for the information

Do you want to surf the internet or do you want to make phone calls? These are two separate issues.

Internet access is part of your cell phone's data plan; if you get the ship's internet, you don't need to use your cell phone's data plan (which is likely significantly more expensive through your cell phone company than your data usage is at home).

Cell phone calls (and texts) are part of your cell phone's calling plan; getting the ship's internet isn't going to affect your regular phone calls at all. You'd need to contact your cell phone company to ask what they offer for international plans, cruise ship plans, etc.

There are apps that you can use to make phone calls via internet/date versus using cell phone networks. You would need to research your options for those before leaving -- some require that both parties (person calling and person being called) have the same app; others allow you to call a regular landline number (but may have a fee associated with that option).

Figure out if you need internet access (email, Facebook, surfing the net) or if you need cell phone access (calls and texts). Then figure the costs for each, and go with what works best for you.

If you only need to make one 2-minute call every other day and nothing else, then you might be better off just paying the per-minute rate for your cell phone company. But you need to figure out what you want to do, then go from there.

Thanks for your answers. Yes I did get a price on my cell phone carrier and what they will offer for calls/data and text messages. However how I see it is that I will probably be on the ship more than on land and if I have unlimited

wi-fi I can text through the apps that just require wi-fi can do face-time and I-message. there are a few apps that allow voice calls once the other person has the app so I may just decide to go with the internet plan on the ship.

thanks again

I must have put too many of those offers in my basket b/c it was $400 (or so). I'm going to redo it this time. I have the same email. I was hoping to spend the $250ish for four devices and not $400.

I received the same email for Oasis on March 26th.