I'll Pass On Valet Parking

Sorry that my magical wizard's mind reading cap wasn't working when I posted. Its solar-powered energy array must have failed causing a power failure.

That must be the reason I didn't recognize the point of your post, not your failure to include any hint that it was written tongue-in-cheek.

I only posted what I did because I know you need the last word. Lol.

Wow. Just wow.

[You have to hand over your very expensive prize possession to a stranger.]

Tens of thousands of folks do this EVERY day in NYC.

[You have to be desperate or out of your mind to do this.]

You really have no alternative in NYC at 90-95% of garages.

[secondly, you need to tip extremely heavy so you don't get a ding here or there. A cheap tip is asking for vehicle damage.]

I usually give them $3 or $5 when I drop off the car, and a similar amount when I pick it up. With a garage bill of $100 or $200 or more, that's nothing.

[Next you need to document a form and pictures showing the condition of your car. If they put a scratch or a little dent. Good luck collecting no less a response.]

No, no you don't. See the first comment.

[Plus, you don't know where they take your car to...For all you know it could be the next state over...Young kids love to take sporty cars on a joy ride.]

They put it in their garage. NYC is no place for "joy rides" and the workers at a garage are not kids and they are WAY too busy to go for a joy ride.

A report on a Florida station about a valet problem in Florida has zero relation to what goes on in NYC. And the report is about an accident, not about something done in retaliation for a bad tip.

Oh, and at the pier in NYC? You park yourself. So I just don't see the point of your scare story.

Agree agree agree!

My car was silently damaged in a legit NYC parking garage. When I asked for claim information' date=' they looked at me as though they didn't understand a word I said. Nor gave me any info... After an hour trying to get some info I decided to take things in my own hands. I Blocked the entrance with my car...no cars could get out nor in. :o That's when they finally spoke english and said they were going to call the police..I said, go ahead... The police said I am a feisty one. :D I was then given what I wanted and off I went.

Valet parking, to take a cruise, would never be my first, second, or even third choice in Manhattan. I like to know exactly where my vehicle is.[/quote']

After all that to get the information you wanted, did they ever pay to repair the 'silent damage' to your vehicle?