Pools on NCL GEM ... Salt/sea water or chlorine?

renata102

Anyone know?:confused:

I believe most NCL pools are salt water, some kids areas are fresh. Just know that all pools, whether salt water or fresh water, will be chlorinated most of the time. When the ship is within 12 miles of shore, pools must be in recirculation mode, just like your pool at home, and all recirculation pools must be chlorinated. Only when the ship is outside 12 miles from shore can a salt water pool be changed to "flow through", where sea water is continuously pumped into the pool, and the overflow goes back to the sea. These pools do not have to be chlorinated, but because during the change from flow through to recirculation, the chlorine content may not meet standards, the pools have to be closed for an hour or so, so unless there are a lot of sea days in a row, most ships will keep sea water pools on recirculation.

The salt version of water they use kills all the germs which is good . Little kids do not like it but most adults and older kids dont mind. Over chlorinated pools are worse they give you a rash and burn your eyes. All the ships I have been on were salt.

The salt version of water they use kills all the germs which is good . Little kids do not like it but most adults and older kids dont mind. Over chlorinated pools are worse they give you a rash and burn your eyes. All the ships I have been on were salt.

"The salt version of water they use?" Not sure what is meant by this, it is sea water, taken straight from the sea, wherever the ship is.