~ Hawaiian Shirts ~

Chucksta63

Just for the record, my hubby wears some nice Hawaiian button-down shirts w/collars with his casual shorts or slacks and nice leather flipflops or casual shoes and I think he looks great. When he's not wearing Hawaiin print he's wearing stripes or some other type of print shirt, but he always manages to look "put together" :cool:

I was reading the other replys to this thread today and realized how rude I was to you. I was having a really bad day and in more pain than usual with this cooler weather we are having (and I know that is not a good reason) and must have just taken your response completely out of context. I would like to apologize.

My DH has one real and true Hawaiin shirt that he always wears on Caribbean night of a cruise - as well as to some summertime functions at home.

Other nights he usually wears Hawaiin-style shirts - short sleeved, button up, most with prints, a few solids.

I was reading the other replys to this thread today and realized how rude I was to you. I was having a really bad day and in more pain than usual with this cooler weather we are having (and I know that is not a good reason) and must have just taken your response completely out of context. I would like to apologize.

I just wanted to say that it is so rare lately that someone tries to right a wrong, or to apologize for a misunderstanding.

Not everyone would have gone back and re-read Jane's posts and tried to understand what she was saying from a different perspective.

That shows class Bigoldhag.

~e

[

]Hi,

I just had to say howdy since you are from Lancaster and I was born there many years ago and still have relatives there. How long have you lived there? Also,you said you bought your first Hawaiian shirt in Miami. That is where I live now or just north of it,but I work in Miami. It was just a coincidence and I wanted to "meet you."

by by,Coleridge

I've been wearing them for 30 years and have no intention of stopping now.

I still have my first (that I bought in a Miami drugstore for $5), 100% rayon and the ugliest darn thing (and featured in at least 1 movie and 1 commercial), it is the shirt I wear on the first sea day. Among my cheapies, I also have some tommy bahamas, but they're a little too tasteful to be true party shirts.

effem if they can't take a joke............................

Hi :)

Hi, Coleridge,

I guess we're neighbors! I live just north of Miami (Miramar) and work in Miami, too!

How are you faring with Wilma approaching? We're all nervous in our household. I hate worrying about these storms!

Stay safe and dry!!!

Lynn

I hope you make it through Wilma with no problems.

I was born and raised in Lancaster (graduated Hempfield in '68); after graduating PSU, I went to UM law school....so, the drug store was somewhere between Coral Gables and the Grove. I've wanted to move to South Florida for years, but family obligations are keeping me up here. (And, now, "they" are saying that major hurricanes are the trend...I'm having 2nd thoughts.)

Good to hear from someone who was able to escape.....

Tommy Bahama has a pretty nice line, but the prices of his shirts has gotten a little too high for us. I never find a shirt for less than $115 in that line now.

DH got 2 TB shirts (a tone-on-tone print, one off white and one yellow) at Costco for $20 or so each. First quality, not marked "irregular" or anything like that. We saw the exact same shirt for sale on the Golden Princess for $95!!!

Archived