~ Hawaiian Shirts ~

Chucksta63

My DH wore them for several years just about every day of the week. But, they are pretty much passe now and he only wears a couple of the nicer Reyn Spooner shirts he has. I now buy him shirts in solid colors.

Tommy Bahama has a pretty nice line, but the prices of his shirts has gotten a little too high for us. I never find a shirt for less than $115 in that line now.

I bought my husband and I matching hawaiian style shirts at the Disney Store and they have little mickeys worked in the design. We were going to wear them together with white shorts one day, I even bought matching flip flops. So after reading these messages I am wondering if we are gonna look silly?

Time to party!

I've been wearing them for 30 years and have no intention of stopping now.

I still have my first (that I bought in a Miami drugstore for $5), 100% rayon and the ugliest darn thing (and featured in at least 1 movie and 1 commercial), it is the shirt I wear on the first sea day. Among my cheapies, I also have some tommy bahamas, but they're a little too tasteful to be true party shirts.

effem if they can't take a joke............................

I bought my husband and I matching hawaiian style shirts at the Disney Store and they have little mickeys worked in the design. We were going to wear them together with white shorts one day, I even bought matching flip flops. So after reading these messages I am wondering if we are gonna look silly?

LOL! Probably but who cares? I think it's cute.

My husband and I end up dressed alike all the time. We'll get ready to go somewhere and both have on black pants or jeans and a black turtlenecks. We also both have a couple of pairs of the same shoes; Uggs, Rainbows, and Merrills.

Very Intresting answers...:D

Did not expect this...

I love it Tacky Tourist All the way!

I heard one of the workers at the port say that, "a TT shirt" I said what he said Tacky Tourist I said want to go he said yea...LOL:D 15_4_109.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb065&pp=ZNxdm824YYUS

Matching Mickey Mouse shirts, white shorts and flip flops and you have to ask if you're going to look silly??? LOL!

Yes, you're going to look very silly. However, since you chose this get-up, I think that anyone seeing you two would assume your goal was to look silly. So, enjoy.

Jane

I heard one of the workers at the port say that, "a TT shirt" I said what he said Tacky Tourist I said want to go he said yea...LOL:D 15_4_109.gif

Chucksta,

Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I have no idea what that sentence means.

Jane

While they don't wear Hawaiian shirts every night...my hubby and son have a couple of shirts that if paired with the correct color pant, they look very sharp! Personally, I encourage wearing these shirts on the very first night of the cruise (they also make for a great boarding picture), the tropical night, (whatever it is called) and the last night of the cruise. There are many of these shirts out there that look great without being obnoxious!

I'm sure you have a few "get-ups" of your own that I wouldn't care for! Wasn't asking for rude comments, you can give your opinion without being nasty. Sorry if I sound like a Big Old Hag

Hmm, Blue Herons and Andee both said that they thought your outift was silly. So why pick on me alone?

In any case, I didn't think my comment was nasty at all. YOU ASKED us if we thought your outfits would be silly looking, so why are you now offended at a "yes" answer? The fact that you even asked is certainly an indication that even YOU think that they may be silly looking! If you simply told us what you were wearing and didn't ask for an opinion of it, I certainly would never have offered one! If you don't want an honest answer, you shouldn't pose the question.

Many people wear outfits that they feel are a bit goofy, silly or fun and they take pleasure in the silliness of Family Fun.

I don't see this as a cause for biting my head off or attacking my personal style. I don't wear get-ups, nor have I ever asked an opinion on any my clothing choices on this board.

Lighten up bigoldhag!

Jane

Perhaps you need to have a few "drinks of the day' to have it make sense!

Mimi,

You're probably right. Things would be much clearer after a couple of those brightly colored drinks with the paper umbrella's keeping them from sunburn.

I'll get the first round, you get the second! :D

Jane

<Originally Posted by Chucksta63

Chucksta,

Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I have no idea what that sentence means.

Jane>

I think it means:

The worker said "That is a TT shirt."

Chucksta said "What does that mean?"

Worker said "It means Tacky Tourist shirt."

Chucksta said "Wouldn't you like to be going on this cruise and wear a TT shirt?"

Worker said "Yeah."

Or something like that! ;)

I think it means:

Chucksta said "Wouldn't you like to be going on this cruise and wear a TT shirt?"

Worker said "Yeah."

Thank you for the translation!

I'll buy your drink anytime!

~e

My husband wore a "Gilligan" type hat on our last cruise. He wore it to keep the sun off of his forehead for the obvious reasons. When his sister saw the pictures she said, what a tourist! Yes, that is what we were. He would not wear this hat at home but on the cruise it kept the sun off of his head! Whatever works!!! I thought he looked so cute!

I think it means:

Worker said "Yeah."

Ahhhh.......thanks!

Jane

Ok, I've read the thread, and I have to say that I don't think anyone was being nasty. A question was asked and a response given.

Besides no one said silly is bad, I read the reply from Jane 3 times, and I still don't see anything nasty, in fact she writes something encouraging.

I generally don't butt in, but in this case I just have to, where was the nastiness? There is so much real nastiness going on in other rooms and boards that I honestly don't see it here.

Others answered the question as I would have regarding the TT comment so I won't reply to that one, asked, and answered already and that's what I think it means also:):)

Archived