Unexplained Credit Card Refunds?

RealDeal

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I have two $100 credits from X on my credit card statement and have no idea what they're for. I have not cancelled any booked cruises lately and am not owed any $$ from X. Any idea what this could be?

Clearly a mistake, as the money was to be credited to my account. Please forward asap. :)

Seriously, I've no idea, and it's highly unusual to see threads about X providing unexpected credits. Lots of posts about post-cruise billings that were unexpected, but not credits.

I was intrigued enough to go check my credit card activity :)

I did not see anything there that could not be explained by reservation changes made in the last month or so. Any change it might be an adjustment on a deposit by your TA? I have had my TA take too large of a deposit before and then adjust to correct by crediting back the difference.

I'd check credit card activity daily! I've had that happen on a Celebrity cruise where I transferred a balance from a longer cruise to a new reservation on a shorter cruise. For some reason X's computers found an anomaly in that the deposit was more than it needed to be and cancelled the reservation. No notice to my TA at all. And just recently NCL refunded two deposits for a B2B for absolutely no reason. I noticed the refunds and called my TA who called NCL who admitted they had no idea why the refunds were issued. I had to make deposits all over again.

My point about checking daily is if you have a specific cabin that is important to you the longer you wait the more likely it will not be available when you find the refund/cancellation. In my case, as it was a B2B and I had one of the secret larger balconies I really wanted a specific cabin. Luckily this cruise isn't until September and I was still able to resnag my cabin.

TA says he sorted it out. No one seems to know how it got cancelled...bizarre. Good thing I just happened to email him about it. I changed cabin number last week...can't imagine that would cause a cancellation!

TA says he sorted it out. No one seems to know how it got cancelled...bizarre. Good thing I just happened to email him about it. I changed cabin number last week...can't imagine that would cause a cancellation!

With computer systems anything is possible. If it was programmed to do a cabin change by canceling and rebooking then it could be that the person making the adjustment didn't do it correctly and might have cancelled your old reservation but not completed the new one.

The good news is that you caught it and got it corrected! :)

Oh, you moved again? Did you find a quieter stateroom. :D:D:D

Are you still on the Reflection TA? Where did you move to?

clearly a mistake, as the money was to be credited to my account. Please forward asap. :)

seriously, i've no idea, and it's highly unusual to see threads about x providing unexpected credits. Lots of posts about post-cruise billings that were unexpected, but not credits.

lol!!!

Oh, you moved again? Did you find a quieter stateroom. :D:D:D

Are you still on the Reflection TA? Where did you move to?

I know...total shocker, right? Yes, Reflection TA...moved to deck 9!

With their computer systems, you never know! We had booked a sea day in an Alcove on Silhouette. 24 hours later, I got a cancellation confirmation. I didn't cancel it! Got on the phone. And snagged the Alcove again, plus got an additional day.

The refund was supposed to go to the card it was charged on, a Visa. It never showed up. I had paid for the cruise with my AMEX and they credited the Alcove they mysteriously canceled back to my AMEX.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

RealDeal, I'm happy to see that you were able to sort this out with a minimum of fuss and no loss of your cruise. I hope that in compensation for the scare they let you keep the $200! :)

Hahaha....fat chance! The whole thing was just bizarre....nothing like this has ever happened to me! Yes, I'm glad I caught it, but it was only by chance that I contacted THIS TA, with whom I have a bit of a personal relationship, simply to ask if he has ever heard of this happening. It was only by chance that the one reservation I have booked w/him is the one that got cancelled. Had it been booked w/X or another agency, obviously he wouldn't have been able to alert me. It was also good that after receiving my email, he checked on the reservation I have w/him. (TA: If you're reading this, thank you!)

Anyway, thanks for listening!