Shopping in ports

Muggzi

In Belize...not really. Typical cruise port franchises, some local items. Across from the tender pier area is a small crafts/flea market with local goods cheaper than inside the cruise port. No real tourist shopping in Belize City.

In Roatan...it's the cruise port areas. A few shops in Coxen Hole which isn't close by Mahogany Bay where Carnival docks. A small selection of shops in a "mall" in West End, but relatively pricey as they cater more to expats and long stay vacationers.

In Cozumel...shop till you drop at Puerta Maya or downtown San Miguel...better prices are obtainable in shops away from the waterfront and the downtown plaza. Avenida 30 is a good place to start.

I'm a sewing fool. Are there any good fabric shops?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Paraiso has 2 stores one in the Chedurai shopping area, along the waterfront street before getting to downtown. The other along the downtown plaza just west of the church.

I think the other stores selling fabric are more geared to home decorating, but there are a couple along Avenida 30.

In Belize...not really. Typical cruise port franchises, some local items. Across from the tender pier area is a small crafts/flea market with local goods cheaper than inside the cruise port. No real tourist shopping in Belize City.

In Roatan...it's the cruise port areas. A few shops in Coxen Hole which isn't close by Mahogany Bay where Carnival docks. A small selection of shops in a "mall" in West End, but relatively pricey as they cater more to expats and long stay vacationers.

In Cozumel...shop till you drop at Puerta Maya or downtown San Miguel...better prices are obtainable in shops away from the waterfront and the downtown plaza. Avenida 30 is a good place to start.

Good information, been to Cozumel 3 times and been so busy on excursions I didnt know any of those shopping areas! Thanks!

Good information, been to Cozumel 3 times and been so busy on excursions I didnt know any of those shopping areas! Thanks!

Also if you take the water ferry over to Playa del Carmen and you can shop on the 5th avenue stretch. No cars, its just a very wide brick sidewalk, foot traffic only with stores and vendors all up and down the walkway like a massive flea market.

They even have common to US stores there like McDonalds, Starbucks, Haagen Dazs, Krispy Cream, Harley Davidson, subway and as far as merchandise stores, you name it, someone there sells it.

Ferry ride across is $10.50 PP each way and they run every hour all day

Edited by Jeepenfun

In Belize in the pier area not far from the open air flea market are some stores with lots of purses, wallets, and jewelry. The purses (and most everything else) are knockoffs of popular designers like Coach, Prada, etc. My two girls love purses but I refuse to spend hundreds of dollars on a designer purse they will quickly wear out or misplace. And these purses were beautiful! And cheap. :) My youngest daughter got the cutest Jimmy Choo purse for under $50. There were a lot of cute things in those stores so if you're into that type of stuff you might check it out.