What to do from Phu My

chloe kitty

We have already been to Ho C M city before. What else is there to do out of Phu My. Is it worth going to Vung Tau? What about Baria? We would like to do some touring, but leave time for shopping too. HELP!!

We would appreciate any info.

Definately consider going to Vung Tau - Baria is just a small provincial city and nothing there to spend the day.

Suggest you have a look at Vung Tau on Trip Advisor and see what there is to visit, Old Emperor's summer palace, lighthouse, cable cars, beaches etc.

Vung Tau is a great place to have a meal - seafood and all sorts of restaurants to meet all needs.

Beaches are not that great but plenty of pools that can be accessed if need be.

Travel time should be about 35 - 40 minutes so easily accessible from Phu My but probably a good idea to organise transport before you arrive.

If interested in Vietnam War on the 60's you can organise a tour with a Australian group in Vung tau which will tailor a day out for you at very reasonable cost. All profits from the tour go to charities they support in the local area. I have used them in 2014 and they were great. You don't have to visit war sites and they will accommodate whatever you want to do.

If you google longtannuiidattours.com you will find their web site for further information and contact.

We had a great day out with them in 2014 (Diamond Princess - 8 pax on the tour) and most agreed it was the best tour price wise and for sightseeing on the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
We have already been to Ho C M city before. What else is there to do out of Phu My. Is it worth going to Vung Tau? What about Baria? We would like to do some touring, but leave time for shopping too. HELP!!

We would appreciate any info.

On our second visit to Saigon our tour guide Zoom changed the itinerary showing diffferent places like the 49th floor of highest tower, Thu Thiem bridge seeing Sai Gon's high-rises, French quarters with villas formerly belonging to Gen. Westmoreland, Henry Cabot Lodge, Saigon Saigon bar and Majestic Cafe,...