Back from Mercury 10/8 sailing (cut short)

badney

Badney, I am so sorry you had such rough weather and a rotten cruise. I would also be uspet with my stateroom attendant if he had the attitude you described. I hope you complained about him so Celebrity is aware of this.

I was on the same Mercury cruise that Tatka was on and it was very rough going out of San Francisco, especially the firt night. 50% of the passengers were not at dinner on the first night out. There were barf bags all over the place and I did see a woman get very sick in the Theater during the 7:00 PM show.

My sister-in-law was also on this Mercury cruise with us and she had cruised Hawaii on NCL the previous Summer. She said her entire Hawaii cruise was like that, very rough. So the Pacific can be VERY bad to crusie in.

Anne Maria

We have two more trips booked on the West Coast--first to Hawaii in March & another to Mex Riviera--after that I think we'll be back to the smooth sailing carib--For Hawaii we took our usual midships cabin but did go down a few decks lower than usual to help ensure a smoother ride..

I also expect that it's when you go & plain luck! On a Carib trip on Merc we had bad storms going back towards FT Lauderdale or Miami--the ship listed so bad that all the dishes broke & we rolled out of our beds. The auto doors opened & lower decks were awash. On our Sept trip , I noticed that those auto doors had been changed out to ones that do not open auto anymore!

Anyhow hope everyone has smooth sailing ahead!

Archived