Tender at Helsingborg

jpcello

My sister and I are doing our first European cruise this summer on Emerald Princess. Fortunately only one of our stops is tendered - Helsingborg. My sister uses a Luggie mobility scooter and walks with a cane. She can do a couple of steps and I can lift the Luggie by myself.

Do you think Helsingborg will be doable for us?

My sister and I are doing our first European cruise this summer on Emerald Princess. Fortunately only one of our stops is tendered - Helsingborg. My sister uses a Luggie mobility scooter and walks with a cane. She can do a couple of steps and I can lift the Luggie by myself.

Do you think Helsingborg will be doable for us?

JP, I'm on the Celebrity Silhouette 4/23/16 cruise that stops at Helsingborg. I am also having to use a scooter for the first time on this cruise due to several illnesses that have been progressing :-(.

Pls go to that Roll Call and look for a CC member named Bud#1; he LIVES in Helsingborg and is enormously helpful in answering questions about the entire region and can and will undoubtedly advise you. Post a message "paging" him there or on any other post. I think he also provided his email several times on our Roll Call. Good luck!

I also use a scooter, a TravelScoot, and I will be on the Silhouette on April 23, we are planning on getting off @ Helsingborg. I asked Bud1 the same question, he said that the main problem will be the wind, only about 50% of the time can the ship stop. In our case we would get to Copenhaven a day esrly. So we did not plan any tours, and will just wing it. ( we did get on a walking tour that Bud1 daughter is doing, but they know I might not be able to get off) .

• 1 month later...
I also use a scooter, a TravelScoot, and I will be on the Silhouette on April 23, we are planning on getting off @ Helsingborg. I asked Bud1 the same question, he said that the main problem will be the wind, only about 50% of the time can the ship stop. In our case we would get to Copenhaven a day esrly. So we did not plan any tours, and will just wing it. ( we did get on a walking tour that Bud1 daughter is doing, but they know I might not be able to get off) .

I was able to tender today on the Silhouette, they carried my scooter into the tender. I also saw them take a young lady using a lift, and then they lifted her into the tender. The water was very calm.

Helsingborg us very accessible, I spent about 4 hours in town. We had lunch in a nice pub. We found a young lady wearing a black jacket that said Ask me how, she gave use lots of good information.