Beware Viking River Cruise Free Air ain't free and certainly is not easy

HarleyYogi

I've been saying this all along....there is no such thing as "free" in travel!! There's lots of "included" but "included" ain't "free"!! :D
Driving in the morning along Interstates I always see lots of "Free Breakfast" notations on billboards that also happen to be advertising motels. Nowhere do they actually say you have to stay to get that "Free Breakfast". I've thought about putting this to the test, but fear of getting arrested:eek: has deterred me. Thom

LOL - gee good sound advice with no hyperbole - how refreshing! :D

Price is usually not my first consideration. I pick out what I want to do, then I see where the price lies. I don't always go with the cheapest (because the old adage "you get what you pay for" usually holds true) but I never go with the most expensive ... while almost never!

A traveler after my own heart. I get so tired of people wanting as much as possible for nearly free. I see it very often in my community. I'd rather save up and get exactly what I want than pay for something at a cheap price and be disappointed.

A traveler after my own heart. I get so tired of people wanting as much as possible for nearly free. I see it very often in my community. I'd rather save up and get exactly what I want than pay for something at a cheap price and be disappointed.

After taking several cruises, we decided to try an all-inclusive resort in February, 2016.

We paid ONCE for a flight/resort package (no add-on charges), and were not disappointed.

Details:

24-Hour All-Inclusive Resort

Accommodations as selected with Balcony or Terrace

In-Room Amenities: Complimentary Minibar, Hairdryer, Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fan, Telephone, Satellite TV, Safety Deposit Box, Internal Information Channel, Internal movie channel, Minibar, Coffee- and Tea Maker, and Iron

All Meals Included Every Day (Buffet Breakfast, Buffet Lunch, Buffet or A la Carte Dinner)

Snacks

13 Restaurants, including 5 Buffet-style with show-cooking and 8 A la carte Specialty Restaurants serving Mexican, Mediterranean, Japanese, Steakhouse, Italian, Asian, Brazilian and Barbeque Grill food

13 Bars, including 5 swim-up bars

Unlimited Beverages, Including Domestic Alcoholic and non-Alcoholic Drinks

4 Gorgeous Swimming Pools, including the amazing 3,224 square meter Lagoon Pool, featuring 4 built-in jacuzzis

Discotheque

Orchid Grove

Marvelous Walkways surrounded by Vegetation and Ecological Trails

Tennis courts, Mini-golf course integrated into the vegetation

Multi-purpose sports area

Beach Volleyball, Water Sports

Three lagoons, two with beautiful flamingos and one with crocodiles

Miniclub for children 4 to 12 years old

Large covered Theater for live Entertainment Shows

Planned activities by resort entertainment staff throughout the day

Nightly Entertainment

Beautiful Beach

All gratuities

When we checked in at the desk of the resort, they asked to see our passports.

I asked if they also need my credit card. The receptionist looked a little confused before saying, “Sir, you already paid. Unless you want to book the spa for a massage or book an excursion, you can put your credit card and wallet into your room safe; they will not be needed."

After taking several cruises, we decided to try an all-inclusive resort in February, 2016.

We paid ONCE for a flight/resort package (no add-on charges), and were not disappointed.

Details:

In-Room Amenities: Complimentary Minibar, Hairdryer, Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fan, Telephone, Satellite TV, Safety Deposit Box, Internal Information Channel, Internal movie channel, Minibar, Coffee- and Tea Maker, and Iron

All Meals Included Every Day (Buffet Breakfast, Buffet Lunch, Buffet or A la Carte Dinner)

Snacks

13 Restaurants, including 5 Buffet-style with show-cooking and 8 A la carte Specialty Restaurants serving Mexican, Mediterranean, Japanese, Steakhouse, Italian, Asian, Brazilian and Barbeque Grill food

4 Gorgeous Swimming Pools, including the amazing 3,224 square meter Lagoon Pool, featuring 4 built-in jacuzzis

Discotheque

Orchid Grove

Nightly Entertainment

Beautiful Beach

All gratuities

I asked if they also need my credit card. The receptionist looked a little confused before saying, “Sir, you already paid. Unless you want to book the spa for a massage or book an excursion, you can put your credit card and wallet into your room safe; they will not be needed."

All inclusive resorts are really nice...we did one in Bermuda that was amazing and affordable for a couple of newlyweds...and this is a perfect description of inclusive vs free....everything you listed was included in the price of your package, they weren't free and if you chose not go to an evening show you were not credited or refunded the price of a ticket.... other things like massages and excursions were not included and you did not pay for them unless you wanted them.

Details:

Snacks

Discotheque

Orchid Grove

Nightly Entertainment

Beautiful Beach

All gratuities

All inclusive resorts are really nice...we did one in Bermuda that was amazing and affordable for a couple of newlyweds...and this is a perfect description of inclusive ....everything you listed was included in the price of your package, they weren't free and if you chose not go to an evening show you were not credited or refunded the price of a ticket.... other things like massages and excursions were not included and you did not pay for them unless you wanted them.

We have a eastern European cruise booked with Viking in April with air included. One-stop Denver to London and then Budapest. Return from Bucharest to London then Denver. If I can get to eastern Europe with one stop, I am happy. Flight is on British Airways. My wife did a cruise with Viking last summer to France and had no problems. This will be our 23rd cruise and I feel we are getting a good deal with Viking. FYI