1st time on Celebrity and 1st for RS class question...

JRA1708

Hello all fellow Celebrity cruisers,

We are sailing in a RS this coming May. I was just wondering if the concierge contacts me with special request? Or do I contact them? I won't have many request, but I do have a couple.

Plus, do I ask prior for specialty restaurant reservations? We would like to try all of the restaurants, since it's included with a RS.

will luggage tags get mailed to me? Or do I print them myself?

What is the time frame for making my request? A month or week before?

Thanks for any pointers...go ahead and add a few. I might need the advice!

Jodi

We are sailing in a RS this coming May. I was just wondering if the concierge contacts me with special request? Or do I contact them? I won't have many request, but I do have a couple.

They should contact you via email a week or 10 days out.

Plus, do I ask prior for specialty restaurant reservations? We would like to try all of the restaurants, since it's included with a RS.

Your butler will make reservations for restaurants on board. You could do it through the Concierge, but lots easier to do it on board.

You either need to request luggage tags via the web site after your E-Docs are issued (45ish days out) or do it the easy way and let the porter tag then at the curb.

Jodi

Enjoy your cruise. Only pointer is to make sure your final payment is processed and if through a TA that you have something in writing showing any OBC they gave you.

Jodi

The concierge will contact you about 7 - 10 days before the sailing.

Generally, if you book the specialty restaurants before you cruise you will have to pay for them and get a refund in the form of a ship board credit once you sail. The concierge contacted us yesterday for our upcoming cruise and she did ask if we wanted to have some specialty restaurants booked so the pre pay might not apply. We declined because we are not sure when we want to go. It looks like you are on Summit and they only have 2 specialty restaurants.

Luggage tags are available once the e-docs are issued, usually 49 days before the cruise. You can request that they be mailed but the online system has not been working very well so you might want to call the Captains Club or the CVP if you booked with Celebrity. If you want to print them yourself you can, or you can get them at the pier.

One thing you can request from the concierge is to have the mini bar stocked with your favorite brands and specify what you want for the 2 bottles of alcohol. You can request wine or champagne.

Enjoy you cruise in the RS.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

Bistro on 5 is a specialty restaurant but it is more casual, (soups, crepes & sandwiches) and they do not take reservations. They used to offer a daily special that was more dinner like but I understand that has been dropped. It is a good place to go for lunch if you are on board on a port day and Luminae is closed. Summit is going into dry dock in the spring and if it is before your cruise Normandy will become Tuscan Grill.

Another hint: Qusine portions are tapas sized and the food is so varied it is more fun to go with a group. IMO 2 people cannot sample many menu items, even if you ask for small portions.