Mtd

On the Liberty in July, and this time we signed up for MTD. They didn't have late seating available, we didn't want to eat early. Please explain how it works, do we just show up when we want to eat, and hope the lines not too long? Can we make a reservation every day for that night? Thanks for the info:D

On the Liberty in July, and this time we signed up for MTD. They didn't have late seating available, we didn't want to eat early. Please explain how it works, do we just show up when we want to eat, and hope the lines not too long? Can we make a reservation every day for that night? Thanks for the info:D

We are going on Liberty next week and were in a similar situation. About a month or two ago, I was able to make MTD reservations online. Originally, I selected 6:45, but after seeing some schedules posted, I was concerned about making the shows, so I switched them all to 6:15, but I could have made it for a different time each night.

We would prefer to eat later, but have read that my kids (12 & 14) may have a lot going on in the evenings that they would prefer over dinner. We are going to try 6:15 and see how it goes and try to switch it to a little later if 6:15 ends up being too early and it doesn't seem like we would miss anything that is important to us.

Yup - either just show up or make a reservation, your choice. Note that if you don't have a reservation it is easier to sit with others than getting a 2 top. Also, the dining room may fill by 6 or so and there may not be any tables if you come in at 7 - just like a normal restaurant. This can vary by ship and be different even on two cruises on the same ship.

If you like to eat after 8:30 you can usually just walk in.

Yes you can make a reservation...however...we've had no problem showing up anytime during the dining hours of MTD and had no more than a couple of minutes wait for our table (we opt for a 2-top unless we're traveling with family)...never a problem and what we actually like about the flexibility of eating when we want to night by night.