iConcierge on Escape?

happygo

I downloaded the app in anticipation of our upcoming cruise. Upon further research, the NCL website info I found doesn't list Escape as having it? True or did I miss something? Loved it on the GA.

This may sound like a silly question, but what exactly is this app for? :)

The app has many functions. You can view you account, ship activities schedules and it has an onboard call and text function. That way you can communicate with the people you travel with on board. It worked great for your group of 10. Especially with kids!

The app has many functions. You can view you account, ship activities schedules and it has an onboard call and text function. That way you can communicate with the people you travel with on board. It worked great for your group of 10. Especially with kids!

Thank you! That sounds like an app we'll be downloading!

I used it on Escape, but wouldn't get messages reliably. If you have a "power save" option on your phone that turns off the radios when your screen turns off, you have to wake up your phone to get messages. Once I turned that off for the cruise it worked great.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

We're going on our first NCL cruise on Escape. Do I need to purchase for wifi access (either the minutes bundle or unlimited) in order to use the iconcierge app?

No. The app is fee but if you want to message or call other guests on board you pay $7.95 per device.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No. The app is fee but if you want to message or call other guests on board you pay $7.95 per device.

Do you pay it through the app, or what?

What exactly do you mean by paying through the app? I lost my password for that long ago and haven't been able to make any "in App" purchases.

Read the post above yours. The charge that is made through the app onboard (you can't use it elsewhere) will be made fro your onboard account.

What exactly do you mean by paying through the app? I lost my password for that long ago and haven't been able to make any "in App" purchases.

There isn't any password and there's nothing to purchase until you are connected to the ship's wifi. Once iConcierge connects to the ship's wifi, you will see a whole load of menus and options that won't appear until that time. From there, it's self-explanatory how to activate your device. I'd show you a screen shot, but I can't because I'm not on the ship. :D

Thanks! I was just concerned it was an apple in-app purchase. Like when you need more lives in candy crush lol :D I have been locked out of that for years and wouldn't be able to buy it onboard. Glad it is through ncl.

Thanks! I was just concerned it was an apple in-app purchase. Like when you need more lives in candy crush lol :D I have been locked out of that for years and wouldn't be able to buy it onboard. Glad it is through ncl.

You haven't known your Apple ID password for years? You know there is a 'forgot my password' option on everything online?

You haven't known your Apple ID password for years? You know there is a 'forgot my password' option on everything online?

No this is a password for in app purchases. It might be for other things as well but it is a 4 digit password that you put in basically when you get the phone and that is what it is for. I have no recollection of putting it In and have tried the 10 things I thought it might be. I got locked out and have been told by Apple i need to do head stands to rectify it. I'm thinking not knowing it is saving me tons of money so haven't been too motivated to fix it. So there you have it.

Sounds like this App still needs some work and that the text feature is very expensive for limited value

Really? I guess I have a different take on it. I think it's a tremendous value, and having relied on it for 3 cruises now, I'm very happy with it.

• 6 months later...

Has risen this May on the Breakaway to $9.95 or $9.99 while at the same week/month, Getaway & Escape was reported by others to be at $12.99 or $14.99 ($2.00 more on one ship vs. the others, might be testing the market on maximum profit) ... prices could've been rolled back to $9.99 or higher, whatever.

This is by design, internal to each ship's inTRAnet and hardware & app support, so it should function regardless of satellite broadband speed, latency & bandwidth, etc.

Other features on the APP are free to use, download the APP before the cruise & install first. Activate once onboard & agree to the charges (posted to stateroom's account ... use your nonrefundable OBC, if any) and use - if it doesn't work, speak to the internet cafe staff for help & all else faliled, request & they will issue refund/credit or waive the fees.

If you only need the App to call land or off-the-ship, rates were (are ??) relatively inexpensive at 79 cents a minute, VoIP - if you can hear them & they can hear you ... results & reviews thus far are mixed at best - you don't need to signup for the extra texting & calling functions, needed only for the ship. You are assigned an unique 8 digit numbers - those expecting your calls should be alerted, it will not display your regular mobile #.