Carnival agent made booking error, now what?

btwoncruiser

Did you not get an email immediately after booking? I have had them from my PVP before ever getting off the phone to make sure everything is correct.

Paid my deposit, got booking number, pin, etc. Lo and behold, get the email confirmation and we do NOT have a spa room. Got an interior room on deck 11, close to the spa rooms, but not a spa room.

Just curious... If the shoe was on the other foot and you had made the honest mistake.... Let's say you had picked the wrong room instead of being offered it. Would you expect Carnival to charge you a penalty to fix it for you... Let's say 99 dollars more... Charge you for a spa visit and not let you use it? (while your still in the refund stage)

Everyone always wants something free... Sheesh. Possible you should take some responsibility for not looking at a deck map when they offered you the room?

Possible you should take some responsibility for not looking at a deck map when they offered you the room?

This is what I said. Not to be mean, but as an "experienced" cruiser why didn't you have the deck plan in front of you, and check out the cabin # when they gave it to you?

I think the issue is less the mistake and more the way it's been handled. I worked in retail (in cosmetics so it was heavy in customer interaction) for many years and you absolutely can't talk to customers like that. If a customer complained about bad service they would be compensated in some way as an apology. Having a crappy job isn't an excuse to be a crappy person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the issue is less the mistake and more the way it's been handled. I worked in retail (in cosmetics so it was heavy in customer interaction) for many years and you absolutely can't talk to customers like that. If a customer complained about bad service they would be compensated in some way as an apology. Having a crappy job isn't an excuse to be a crappy person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you complain, and I have, all I'm really wanting is an apology from a superior. Many of us have worked in customer service type of jobs and no its not easy. But you can't be rude to people. And a supervisor piling on is ridiculous.

I also think it's ridiculous to expect anything out of this particular situation. The OP was not going to get a spa cabin even with the initial call, because they were sold out. So they are not out of anything. You don't need tangible compensation all of the time. People need to stop expecting that.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Back in the day when catalogue shopping was by phone I ordered a red dress. When my package arrived it was blue and when I called they said all the red dresses were already sold. The first person I talked to read me the company line that I could send it back but I would be charged shipping both ways per their policies. After a few discussions where I spoke to several "SUPERVISORS", ultimately I received a full refund including the shipping charge and they had me send the dress back on their dime. At no time did I think that they should compensate me further even though I really wanted the red dress.

Why should the OP think that they should receive something for free (when they were not charged any change fees) because Carnival is out of "red dresses". Their logic totally escapes me.

I was booking two rooms at same time and the agent got the names wrong and sent the itenerary by email while i was on the phone with her....3 times! Just couldnt get the right people in the correct cabin. I just kept calm and told her while laughing we can do this all night if she would like until i get email that is correct, next go she got it. There was no need for hostility or compensation, i knew the trip was my responsibility, so i controlled the situation. As another member reflected, do the homework yourself.

Whenever I book a cabin on phone with Carnival, I am on the computer at the same time looking at the deck plan for whatever ship/cabin I want to book. With 15 cruises on CCL, I can't believe you wouldn't have checked the deck plan to see where the cabin was, or what category it was in at same time as booking. I research everything up the wazoo, and TELL them the cabin I want. Never take anyone's word when booking a cabin - be an educated consumer. Have you gone online and looked to see if any spa interiors are open for that sailing? (I just tried, and just get a spinning arrow - site is wonky right now) Call back again and see if you get a more cooperative agent/pvp/supervisor. I would definitely see if they throw in spa passes for the week - I don't think you will get any obc from them, unfortunately, but you can try! Good luck.

I also am looking at the deck plan when booking with my PVP. I want to know exactly where I am going to be staying.