That darn zika virus

cruisemiluv28

Please do not spread false information. There has still been no cases of zika transmitted via mosquitos anywhere in the US. All cases are people that traveled to an affected area and a few via sexual contact with someone that has traveled to one of those areas.

Yes, but there is concern that mosquitos will bite those with Zika and thus become infected and able to transmit the disease.

Yes, but there is concern that mosquitos will bite those with Zika and thus become infected and able to transmit the disease.

Right but it isn't the case yet. Realistically they are saying infected mosquitoes will spread to everywhere in the US. But as of right now there are no cases of transmission via mosquitos in Florida or anywhere in the US.

I'm just "spreading" what I heard via the local news station in Miami. Like I said in my post that you quoted, they could be wrong, so I encouraged OP to do her research.

Have a great weekend!

No, you're spreading what you either obviously misheard or misinterpreted from the local news station in Miami. No news source of any type has ever reported that anyone here has acquired Zika locally via mosquito bite.

Here's the latest local tv news station report from Thursday evening, and I quote:

All the Zika cases are travel-associated. There have been no locally-acquired cases of Zika in Florida.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2016/03/10/four-new-cases-of-zika-in-south-florida/

:mad:OK so we found out I was pregnant :D best news ever. The thing is my June 3 sailing on the Vista had to be canceled because I would be over 24 weeks:o. No Vista but was hoping to go to the Caribbean. Nope that's not happening either because Zika seems to be everywhere. This maybe the first year I haven't been on a cruise since I started 8 years ago. I'm trying to convince the hubby to do the Pride Bahamas sailing since there aren't any reported cases there as of yet. Do you think I should chance this?

The virus is not in any area....until it is.

In my opinion, the risk vs reward is off the charts and anyone who says otherwise is just ignorant.

The opportunity to cruise will always be there. You get one shot at having a healthy baby.

The virus is not in any area....until it is.

In my opinion, the risk vs reward is off the charts and anyone who says otherwise is just ignorant.

The opportunity to cruise will always be there. You get one shot at having a healthy baby.

Good post!:)

:mad:OK so we found out I was pregnant :D best news ever. The thing is my June 3 sailing on the Vista had to be canceled because I would be over 24 weeks:o. No Vista but was hoping to go to the Caribbean. Nope that's not happening either because Zika seems to be everywhere. This maybe the first year I haven't been on a cruise since I started 8 years ago. I'm trying to convince the hubby to do the Pride Bahamas sailing since there aren't any reported cases there as of yet. Do you think I should chance this?

No you should not chance it, is the potential harm to your unborn child worth a vacation, in fact you should not even vacation in the SE US until after teh baby is born, unless you use a lot of bug spray with DEET.

If you check Zika U.S. map you will find it in most states. True, travel acquired, but still here. I did read where they have their first sexually transmitted Zika virus.

Check with doctor for the best advice and enjoy your pregnancy!