QUICK HELP? Aft Balcony Escape

stamford57

Higher deck. Center.

We had an aft balcony the last time we were in the breakaway (sister/cousin to the Escape). We enjoyed the 180 degree views and watching the churn of the ocean below.

Have a great cruise! We will be in the escape for the second time in May bee really enjoyed the ship when we sailed on her late last year.

Edited by BirdTravels

Someone else recommended 12308/12310. Thoughts??

In researching the Escape cabins, others posts and reviews are indicating deck 12 aft balconies (as well as deck 9) have the "larger" of these balconies. By how much I couldn't say. There are pictures you can view (with subscription) of 12310 on cruisedeckplans.com. Does appear you can have 2 chairs & table along with a lounger out there.

Hope this helps

Any negatives to the afts on the other decks as it looks like my two together on deck 12 have gone?

The only negative i can think of, if you're a light sleeper and turn in before 12:00 is the bass from the parties in H2O is pretty loud. I would stay below deck 12 if you can.

I've done a lot of research on this and Deck 9 is the largest followed closely by 12. Despite being above Cagney's, all reviews of Deck 9 say it is very quiet. Reviews of 13 say it is quite small, almost smaller than standard. Deck 13 and above have noise complaints at night from H20. Have looked at Deck 10 and 11 and they look really nice too!

Lady Anna

Is deck 9 overlooked or noisy from the waterfront?

No, they can not see you from the waterfront. That area of the waterfront has a covering over it and nothing there ,its just a walkway from one side to the other ,no tables or anything. I'm in a deck 9 aft balcony next week on the Breakaway.

Any photos you have would be great, I just hope those cabins are OK as its our first time in an aft and our first time with NCL 😬

[YOUTUBE]FXqIkD8xoJU[/YOUTUBE]

If there are no lounge chairs, you can ask the room attendant for 2.

That one has "bed by door". I'm not sure what the room next to it has.

You are welcome. You've probably got two of the best spots on the ship. Which sailing are you on?

We are super excited! First time NCL, first time aft balcony and first time in the Caribbean 👍👍 our sailing is June 3rd, 2017 so a while to wait yet. I can't thank everyone enough for their help with choosing our cabins x