Bringing Flowers on Board

ronbetty2001

We are on the Millennium in October, 2016. Boarding in Hong Kong, stopping in Vietnam, Thailand and ending in Singapore.

Are we allowed to bring flowers on board? We would like to stop at the flower market in Hong Kong to buy some. We did bring flowers on board for our cruise in Tahiti a few years back. They lasted the entire 10 day cruise and were wonderful and exotic.

Thank you,

We are on the Millennium in October, 2016. Boarding in Hong Kong, stopping in Vietnam, Thailand and ending in Singapore.

Are we allowed to bring flowers on board? We would like to stop at the flower market in Hong Kong to buy some. We did bring flowers on board for our cruise in Tahiti a few years back. They lasted the entire 10 day cruise and were wonderful and exotic.

Thank you,

As others have said, no problem, though your flowers will be put through the scanner. But that did not harm my flowers. They almost lasted the length of my cruise and I had received them a few days prior to the cruise. We were staying in an hotel prior to the cruise. Did have to wonder around with them before we could get into our stateroom.

The knack to putting your flowers through the scanner is to put them in stems first.

The type of flower plastic bag handed out in Tesco or M&S [in the UK] or Publix [in the UK] are best for carrying the flowers. Not only do they have "handles" but the are long and help protect the blooms through the scanner.

The OP is sailing from Hong Kong and will purchase from a market. In that situation, I would pack a couple of the above bags from home.

By the way, alstromeria last best on board [two weeks or more]. Not only have we found this from our own experience but it is what butlers and housekeeping will tell you.

Absolutely no problem about bring flowers on board. We do it all the time. However, you cannot bring on board soil so pot plants are out.

In Seattle at Pikes Market and purchased a bunch of greens with daisies to bring back to ship. The security department absolutely refused boarding with flowers. Turned flowers over and went to front desk. Explained circumstances and after long discussion with numerous heads, they comped us a dozen roses for error.

I will be on Solstice next month boarding in Honolulu. I've already called Celebrity to ask about bring fresh flowers on board and was told "absolutely not". They don't want to take a chance that any type of creatures might be boarding along with the flowers.

I was in Vietnam 2 years ago for Valentine's. Tried to bring a bouquet of roses on board Millenium that I got at a market while touring-confiscated. So don't know what to think -yes sometimes and no sometimes. Guess one never knows. We were on board the Equinox last year for our anniversary and my husband ordered flowers from Celebrity. It was huge with multiple kinds of flowers. I really wonder if flowers brought on or delivered from C are consistent from time to time. Somehow I doubt it.

On our first cruise, different line and years ago, I bought a bouquet of flowers from a street vender on a Caribbean island for my DW who stayed on board with a headache that day.

Fortunately the ants started coming out of them just before we boarded instead of after so I was able to ditch them before infesting our cabin. It was pretty weird how many ants were crawling all over them 20 minutes after I bought them when I saw none at the time of purchase.