Just off Breakaway.....

bsb4273

I'll be on the Breakaway to Bermuda in May as well as a 14 day sailing next January. Since I usually cruise Carnival, I read the posts about the low energy CD Dan and thought: What a wonderful change from Carnival!

The Carnival CD's are incessantly intrusive, long winded and loud. Being a frequent cruiser on that line, I can also anticipate their next spiel. They are so overwhelming that my fantasy perfect CD will have laryngitis!

We are getting married on the Breakaway April 24th followed by our "familymoon"!!! Do you happen to remember the times for Disembarking? We sailed the jewel a few years back so I do remember how the process works just curious about the times as we have to coordinate with our family and transportation to all leave the same time.

Thanks in Advance

You choose your own time to debark. You can all pick up the same color luggage tags or do walk-off if you can carry your stuff yourself.

We usually walk off with our own stuff to get headed home. Once it's over and I have to get off the ship, I just like to get it over with. :p

If you have the UDP, then you will just pay the upcharge of $17.70 pp. The a la carte pricing will not apply. However, they will point out that you can order one appetizer, one entree, and one dessert. It was more than enough food!

No soup or salad?

Is lobster served? Extra fee?

We also had a good time but found some of the spring break crowd overwhelming. Broken beer bottle in the pool. Found a girl unconscious in the hallway lying in vomit. Twice walked in on someone throwing up in the sink in the washroom. I thought they could have done a better job of keeping this in check. I guess it goes with spring break but I have never seen it this bad on any other cruise I have been on. I couldn't get near a hot tub the whole trip. The same group stayed in all day. There was lots to do so we just gave up and went elsewhere.

Sizzlechest, they did have a free lunch buffet in Moderno that was Indian themed. I think they had a German one, also, but I am not 100% sure.

They did have a German themed lunch on the last sea day. I was bummed we missed it, I heard it was very good

This sounds like a lovely ship. I will be on Breakaway May 22nd for a week with my girlfriends. Really looking forward to it. My DH and I have cruised Carnival for the last 10 yrs so this my first NCL cruise. Looking forward to a change but we will def go back to Carnival since we are platinum!