On the Gem now, if there are any questions

Kingmaker_inc

Hope your having a great time..would you mind posting a pic of some of the Freestyle Daily and can you tell me what nights prime rib is offered in the free dining?Just trying to decide what nights to book specialty dining ..thanks so much :)

Hi,

Some one on another thread complained about the service and food in the MDR. What are your thoughts about it?

We ate in Magenta last night... one of the main dining rooms. Service was attentive and there were no noticeable delays between ordering, and courses. AND each of us had a very nice meal.

I haven't yet been in Grand Pacific. Will report at the end of the cruise about that.

Edited by Kingmaker_inc

Thanks for all the great info! So just on a clarification point can anyone eat in La Cucina at Breakfast then like they used to do on the Epic?

The space in La Cucina serves as additional seating during breakfast and lunch. You get your food at the Garden Cafe and then go sit in La Cucina, if you like.

I am booked for an end of May Gem cruise. This will be #4 on the Gem, #6 NCL and my 10th cruise overall. Nothing is perfect however I believe that the Gem has set the bar very high. It's clean and beautiful. There are many food venues and choices. I love jthe entertainment

Excuse the language but this "Nickel and Dime" thing is BS. They give you a choice where to spend your money.

I believe that the free in room premium movies are for the suites ànd Haven only. I also think there are ßome no charge movies on the TV and in the atrium.

Thanks so much for posting. I am getting psyched.

;)Hello! We are leaving on the gem in a few weeks and would LOVE to read the dailies prior to sailing. If you could post them that would be wonderful. (also was wondering about what night is the prime rib) so we dont book specality rest. Thanks so much & enjoy the vacation!!!

I am going to scan and post them when I get home. Promise.

Also at the end of the cruise if you could let us know what is the standard of food like in the MDR's?

Tonight we ate at Orchid Garden, another of the MDRs. While the menu is slightly (and only slightly) smaller than before - the quality of the food is the same. It was very busy, but service was fine.

Thank you for being available to answer questions. We will be on the Gem's

next sailing. I eat GF and dairy free and the last time we were on NCL the staff looked at me like I was asking for something from outer space. Do you see any signs of Almond Milk or Coconut Milk or Plain Greek Yogurt?

Thank you for being available to answer questions. We will be on the Gem's

next sailing. I eat GF and dairy free and the last time we were on NCL the staff looked at me like I was asking for something from outer space. Do you see any signs of Almond Milk or Coconut Milk or Plain Greek Yogurt?

I've seen plain Greek yogurt, but haven't noticed the others. I will look though, and report.

we are going on Gem in August ( first NCL- been on other cruise lines) In Haven with SDP ( UDP?)- question.. are the specialty restaurants open for lunch or Dinner only?? ( i know that we can go to Cagney's for Lunch) but was thinking about Teppanyaki for lunch ?? and would it be easier to get lunch reservation ( if available for lunch) than dinner reservation..

THX

Bob

we are going on Gem in August ( first NCL- been on other cruise lines) In Haven with SDP ( UDP?)- question.. are the specialty restaurants open for lunch or Dinner only?? ( i know that we can go to Cagney's for Lunch) but was thinking about Teppanyaki for lunch ?? and would it be easier to get lunch reservation ( if available for lunch) than dinner reservation..

THX

Bob

Nope only for dinner except Carneys for suite guests. If you book the first day you get onboard you should have no problem getting Teppanyaki for dinner. :D

I never knew we could buy spa pass pre-boarding. Is it online or at embarkation?

Thanks.

Yes, it is online in your reservation. So nice that you can prepay it :) Last June we were able to buy it in the cruise terminal before we boarded for $20 off.

The space in La Cucina serves as additional seating during breakfast and lunch. You get your food at the Garden Cafe and then go sit in La Cucina, if you like.

That's really good to know thanks! It used to be that way on the Epic before it's refit but afterwards they cordoned La Cucina off because of the higher standard furniture and carpets etc- I always used to go into La Cucina as we could always get a table and not that many people seemed to know about it so often we'd get a great window table. Thanks so much for taking time out of your cruise for all this information!