Anthem questions

Just booked our first Anthem trip and we're SO psyched. (No, I couldn't care less about the complainers :p :D ) I had a couple questions though:

Is there a promenade deck? (A place to walk around outside besides up top?)

Can you stand out on the bow? (allllll the way out on the bow?)

Where's a nice place to get a drink and enjoy an ocean view? (I could have LIVED at Olive and Twists---am I messing the name up on that?--on Freedom. Aaaahhhhhh.)

Any other favorite little nooks or crannies on this class?

(Basically these are some of the things I loved on our last Freedom cruise, and I'm looking forward to finding all of my favorite things on Anthem, knowing they'll be different and great too.)

There is not a promenade deck to walk around. Only the top. We could not go to the bow. We loved Bolero's but there was not a view of the ocean.

Our favourite place to just relax and read was on the most amazing couch, fifth deck, just across from vintages.

It is a beautiful ship and we will be on her again in September. Our last cruise on her was cut short so we look forward to trying things that were not available to us due to the terrible weather.

Cheers, Betty

There is, but it's not connected either forward or aft and it's not really a promenade either. I suspect you won't spend much time there.

Pictures here (these are from Quantum)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45001937&highlight=outdoors#post45001937

Yes... but only if you take the All Access Tour! The bow is inaccessible to all the public, the only way to get there is through staff quarters. The All Access Tour takes you there. Do the All Access Tour... totally worth it!

Pictures here (again from Quantum)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45076863&highlight=bow#post45076863

Where's a nice place to get a drink and enjoy an ocean view? (I could have LIVED at Olive and Twists---am I messing the name up on that?--on Freedom. Aaaahhhhhh.)

No Viking crown on this ship... but even better yet is Two70 aft with massive floor to ceiling windows. There's a bar back there.

Have an awesome cruise! :D

Where do they have all the shops and bars if not on the Promanade Deck? The last ship I was on that had PD was the Exp. and it had all the shops some bars and café on the promanade deck.

Sharon, they are talking about an outside deck, an area that goes all the way AROUND the OUTSIDE of the ship on one deck.

You are talking about the Royal Promenade, which on Anthem is called the Royal Esplanade, and is a hybrid of the Royal Promenade of some ships and the Centrum of other ships.

Just booked our first Anthem trip and we're SO psyched. (No, I couldn't care less about the complainers :p :D ) I had a couple questions though:

Any other favorite little nooks or crannies on this class?

(Basically these are some of the things I loved on our last Freedom cruise, and I'm looking forward to finding all of my favorite things on Anthem, knowing they'll be different and great too.)

It's called Olive or Twist. (say it out loud: "Oliver Twist" ;) )

Thanks everyone! Sooooo looking forward to discovering some new favorite spots, love the tips!

Merion, I don't know why I couldn't come up with that! I actually call it "Oliver Twists" in my head, but I knew that wasn't it, just couldn't come up with the OR, haaa.

These are some great pics! Why all the chairs out on the bow if you can't even hang out, ohhhhh what a tease! (The crew can hang out there, I'm guessing?) And I bet I WILL spend a little time on the little mini outdoor walkway! I love finding a little spot all to myself to just escape to every now and then (well besides my balcony cause I escape to there all the time ;) )

Now I have to read the rest of your review, you make it look sooooooo fun!

THANKS!

There is, but it's not connected either forward or aft and it's not really a promenade either. I suspect you won't spend much time there.

Pictures here (these are from Quantum)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45001937&highlight=outdoors#post45001937

Yes... but only if you take the All Access Tour! The bow is inaccessible to all the public, the only way to get there is through staff quarters. The All Access Tour takes you there. Do the All Access Tour... totally worth it!

Pictures here (again from Quantum)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45076863&highlight=bow#post45076863

No Viking crown on this ship... but even better yet is Two70 aft with massive floor to ceiling windows. There's a bar back there.

Have an awesome cruise! :D