Seattle Shuttles

Sorry nobody has responded to your question.

We are Pacific Northwest locals and use Shuttle Express often. There are many vehicle size options, including a 14 passenger and 28 passenger shuttle bus. Here's a link to their website with vehicle descriptions:

http://shuttleexpress.com/fleet-vehicles/

Thanks for the response. What would you do if you had a large group? I read that there are town cars available that you can simply call from luggage pick up and they'll come curbside for you. I think I read that you have to walk over some bridge dragging all of your luggage to get to the shuttles?

I would telephone the shuttle company to ask location of pickup. When we take a taxi home from SeaTac airport we go across an elevated walkway (bridge) that goes over a four lane road to the garage. Then we take an elevator to the taxi stand. There are luggage carts available throughout the airport area.

When we have privately scheduled transportation for a pre-arranged time, those vehicles and drivers meet us at baggage claim, so definitely more convenient. Hope this helps!

I would telephone the shuttle company to ask location of pickup. When we take a taxi home from SeaTac airport we go across an elevated walkway (bridge) that goes over a four lane road to the garage. Then we take an elevator to the taxi stand. There are luggage carts available throughout the airport area.

When we have privately scheduled transportation for a pre-arranged time, those vehicles and drivers meet us at baggage claim, so definitely more convenient. Hope this helps!

We have a group of 6 adults. Would like to be met at baggage claim. Any suggestions for privately scheduled transportation?

We have a group of 6 adults. Would like to be met at baggage claim. Any suggestions for privately scheduled transportation?

You should be able to arrange privately scheduled transportation through Shuttle Express. There are other companies also - Shuttle Express is just the one we use and can therefore recommend.

Need to get from Seatac to downtown hotel and from pier back to airport for party of 14 with tons of luggage

Best way?

Although most of the information will be the same regardless of the pier you will be using, could you let me know either the cruise line you will be going on or the pier you will be using (66 or 91) so I can provide you with the best information? Thanks.

Tom

Although most of the information will be the same regardless of the pier you will be using, could you let me know either the cruise line you will be going on or the pier you will be using (66 or 91) so I can provide you with the best information? Thanks.

Tom

On Crown Princess

On Crown Princess

Okay, that means you'll be sailing out of and into Pier 91. Here is the info for you. After I wrote the original message to you I noticed that you were talking about a group of 14. Since that is the case, what I would suggest is that you contact either Seattle Express or Shuttle Express and see if you can't work out a group deal so that all 14 of your group can be assured of staying together as a group. That would probably be much more convenient to all concerned and might very well end up costing you less overall than it would normally. Shuttle Express, for example, does have a 14-passenger passenger coach and also has reduced prices for round-trips so that might work very well for you. The contact info for the two companies is below:

Shuttle Express Info:

http://shuttleexpress.com/seattle/cruise-transfers/

Phone: (425) 981-7000 or (888) 787-8598

Email: sales@shuttleexpress.net

Seattle Express Info:

http://www.seattleexpress.com/21501.html

Phone: (206) 793-8430

Email: mattseattleexpress@yahoo.com

One thing I cannot over stress is when your group leaves your hotel to go to Pier 91, to make sure that everyone's travel documents are in their personal possession and not in their bags before you leave the hotel. This will minimize the possibility of anybody showing up at check-in without their travel documents!

While this is the most pertinent information for a group of your size, I am attaching a document that has some additional info in it that may be of use should you ever come back to Seattle for another cruise by yourself or a smaller group.

I hope this info is of use to you.

Tom

P.S. Depending on the time of your arrival, you very well may find people in the baggage carousel area of SeaTac who have Princess (or Holland-America) signs and will probably be able to answer any questions you may have about the cruise you'll be going on. Just remember that they will probably not know about any transportation arrangements that you may have arranged with Seattle Express or Shuttle Express. I suspect that if you do make any such arrangements that you will have been told by whomever you made your arrangements with to meet at the bus loading area at the south end of the terminal. Hope y'all have a safe trip to Seattle and a great cruise. See you at the pier!

Okay, that means you'll be sailing out of and into Pier 91. Here is the info for you. After I wrote the original message to you I noticed that you were talking about a group of 14. Since that is the case, what I would suggest is that you contact either Seattle Express or Shuttle Express and see if you can't work out a group deal so that all 14 of your group can be assured of staying together as a group. That would probably be much more convenient to all concerned and might very well end up costing you less overall than it would normally. Shuttle Express, for example, does have a 14-passenger passenger coach and also has reduced prices for round-trips so that might work very well for you. The contact info for the two companies is below:

Shuttle Express Info:

http://shuttleexpress.com/seattle/cruise-transfers/

Phone: (425) 981-7000 or (888) 787-8598

Email: sales@shuttleexpress.net

Seattle Express Info:

http://www.seattleexpress.com/21501.html

Phone: (206) 793-8430

Email: mattseattleexpress@yahoo.com

One thing I cannot over stress is when your group leaves your hotel to go to Pier 91, to make sure that everyone's travel documents are in their personal possession and not in their bags before you leave the hotel. This will minimize the possibility of anybody showing up at check-in without their travel documents!

While this is the most pertinent information for a group of your size, I am attaching a document that has some additional info in it that may be of use should you ever come back to Seattle for another cruise by yourself or a smaller group.

I hope this info is of use to you.

Tom

P.S. Depending on the time of your arrival, you very well may find people in the baggage carousel area of SeaTac who have Princess (or Holland-America) signs and will probably be able to answer any questions you may have about the cruise you'll be going on. Just remember that they will probably not know about any transportation arrangements that you may have arranged with Seattle Express or Shuttle Express. I suspect that if you do make any such arrangements that you will have been told by whomever you made your arrangements with to meet at the bus loading area at the south end of the terminal. Hope y'all have a safe trip to Seattle and a great cruise. See you at the pier!

I appreciate your help

I appreciate your help

You're welcome. You'll probably see me when you get to the pier. I'm usually out front meeting/greeting the buses and pushing wheelchairs or whatever else needs doing at the time. I'll probably have a black baseball cap on to protect my bald head and will have a nametag on, so if you see me and need anything give me a yell or say hi.

Tom

You're welcome. You'll probably see me when you get to the pier. I'm usually out front meeting/greeting the buses and pushing wheelchairs or whatever else needs doing at the time. I'll probably have a black baseball cap on to protect my bald head and will have a nametag on, so if you see me and need anything give me a yell or say hi.

Tom

do you know if either of the shuttle services will pick you up curbside or only the town cars?

Edited by SeaUs

do you know if either of the shuttle services will pick you up curbside or only the town cars?

I'm not really sure what you mean by "pick you up curbside." If you mean do they roam around looking for people to pick up, I doubt that very seriously. I would suggest that you give the two companies that I mentioned a call and ask them directly. That way you'll not only get info directly from the horse's mouth, but they'll be able to discuss options, costs, etc. and provide other info to you.

Tom

I'm not really sure what you mean by "pick you up curbside." If you mean do they roam around looking for people to pick up, I doubt that very seriously. I would suggest that you give the two companies that I mentioned a call and ask them directly. That way you'll not only get info directly from the horse's mouth, but they'll be able to discuss options, costs, etc. and provide other info to you.

Tom

I meant at luggage claim

I meant at luggage claim

Ah, okay, now I understand. I honestly do not know where they would pick up for a group of 14 or so and would recommend that you ask them that if/when you call them. I would suspect that they might use the bus loading area which is at the south end of the terminal as I suspect that that area would be easier and safer for all involved as there would be a lot less traffic, both vehicle and people, than doing it in front of the terminal and would make it would be a lot easier and safer for both the passengers and for loading the bags on the bus. It might also make a difference if your entire group of 14 are all arriving on the same flight vice different flights/airlines. I would appreciate it if you could let me know which way your choice of transportation (Seattle Express or Shuttle Express) chooses to do the loading (curbside or bus lot) so that I can make a note of it for future reference.

I'll be sure to do my "good weather dance" for you so you'll have good weather for your arrival and cruise. :D

Tom

Ah, okay, now I understand. I honestly do not know where they would pick up for a group of 14 or so and would recommend that you ask them that if/when you call them. I would suspect that they might use the bus loading area which is at the south end of the terminal as I suspect that that area would be easier and safer for all involved as there would be a lot less traffic, both vehicle and people, than doing it in front of the terminal and would make it would be a lot easier and safer for both the passengers and for loading the bags on the bus. It might also make a difference if your entire group of 14 are all arriving on the same flight vice different flights/airlines. I would appreciate it if you could let me know which way your choice of transportation (Seattle Express or Shuttle Express) chooses to do the loading (curbside or bus lot) so that I can make a note of it for future reference.

I'll be sure to do my "good weather dance" for you so you'll have good weather for your arrival and cruise. :D

Tom

Thanks for all of your advice. I only asked where because we have a couple 80 yr olds in the group and they aren't quite as spry as they used to be. I think we'll do one of the shuttle companies to the hotel, but may just do taxis from the pier as we won't want delays for a noon flight

Thanks for all of your advice. I only asked where because we have a couple 80 yr olds in the group and they aren't quite as spry as they used to be. I think we'll do one of the shuttle companies to the hotel, but may just do taxis from the pier as we won't want delays for a noon flight

You might see if you can arrange with one of the shuttle companies for an early departure and then just sign up for an early departure off the ship. You should make it to the airport okay. If you do decide to go with taxi's, there will be one gentleman marshalling the taxis who is probably in his 50's or so and has a stocky body. He should be easy to spot as he will be right by the taxi line and it'll be obvious that he is in charge. Let him know that you need one of the vans. The vans are usually at the far end of the taxi line. I'd try and get one of the younger (faster moving- ;)) people in your group to be one of the first to the taxi line so he can get ahead of everybody and kind of "hold" one of the larger taxi's for you.

Oh, what day is the date of your cruise's departure?

Tom

You might see if you can arrange with one of the shuttle companies for an early departure and then just sign up for an early departure off the ship. You should make it to the airport okay. If you do decide to go with taxi's, there will be one gentleman marshalling the taxis who is probably in his 50's or so and has a stocky body. He should be easy to spot as he will be right by the taxi line and it'll be obvious that he is in charge. Let him know that you need one of the vans. The vans are usually at the far end of the taxi line. I'd try and get one of the younger (faster moving- ;)) people in your group to be one of the first to the taxi line so he can get ahead of everybody and kind of "hold" one of the larger taxi's for you.

Oh, what day is the date of your cruise's departure?

Tom

June 4th through the 11th

• 1 month later...

we are not locals but have cruised several times out of Seattle, and we have always used Seattle Express, Matt the owner has always answered my emails prompt and picked us up at the scheduled time, his first shuttle leaves the pier are 7:30am , I am sure you could arrange for a shuttle for the 14 of you , Have a great cruise!!