rebooking through CC and release of room to save it

luckyinpa

they sure know how to tempt you. id get 600 obc and 800 cash back. already booked with NCL a few weeks ago. i know my insurance is valid for the same booking dates even if i change the room etc.

just wondering if i did cancel through NCL would the room become instantly available on the CC site?

i have no clue what id do with OBC except buy pictures and 50 dollar model ships. but the overall 1400 is soo tempting. anyone ever do this type of rebook before?

i also know if i do change i cannot talk to ncl about certain things but i really dont know what id need to talk to them about after booking anyway. any guidance?

You can transfer your reservation to a TA within 60 days after you book with NCL. Contact your TA for instructions on how to do this. Then you don't have to worry about losing your cabin.

Make sure you know what fees, if any they charge for any changes and cancellations before you make the transfer. There are no fees to transfer your reservation.

Edited by peg013

is there any reason not to transfer the reservation in order to gain some $$$ if i can keep the same room number?

ie what is the benefit of me keeping it at NCL? i'm assuming id have the same online account and i can make my dinner and excursion reservations etc.

i'm trying to understand the pitfalls of transferring. i hate surprises.

actually now i read the fine print, i may be mistaken..i believe its only 600 OBC for my trip and the 800 is some kind of refund based on what you spend. i really dont plan on spending much on the ship. so i guess this comes down to OBC 600 bucks. i truly dont know what id spend it on. really dont want all the pics lol

Earn DOUBLE Cash To Spend Onboard (Up To $1,500!) Or Receive DOUBLE Cash Back After You've Cruised (Up To $2,000!) During Our "Double Your Cash" Promotion! PLUS Book Now, Pay Later: No Deposit Required To Book Your Cruise!

We're pleased to announce a deal so exclusive, so rewarding, we can offer it for a limited time only. For a limited time, DOUBLE the cash you receive to spend onboard or receive DOUBLE cash back after you've cruised! You can earn up to $1,500 to spend onboard or up to $2,000 cash back!

Edited by luckyinpa

actually now i read the fine print, i may be mistaken..i believe its only 600 OBC for my trip and the 800 is some kind of refund based on what you spend. i really dont plan on spending much on the ship. so i guess this comes down to OBC 600 bucks. i truly dont know what id spend it on. really dont want all the pics lol

Earn DOUBLE Cash To Spend Onboard (Up To $1,500!) Or Receive DOUBLE Cash Back After You've Cruised (Up To $2,000!) During Our "Double Your Cash" Promotion! PLUS Book Now, Pay Later: No Deposit Required To Book Your Cruise!

We're pleased to announce a deal so exclusive, so rewarding, we can offer it for a limited time only. For a limited time, DOUBLE the cash you receive to spend onboard or receive DOUBLE cash back after you've cruised! You can earn up to $1,500 to spend onboard or up to $2,000 cash back!

After you check their change/cancel policies, have them give you a total price for your cruise and what promos you will receive.

Then compare it to what you are paying/promos from NCL. As long as the total price is not higher and promos are as good or better, tell them you want to transfer your current reservation with NCL.

I have transferred reservations with no problem. You will still be able to make your reservations for dinner, excursions etc online at MyNCL. The only difference is you must call your TA to make payments or any changes to the cruise reservation itself. I book with a TA most of the time.

Here is the form from NCL's website: https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Reservation_Transfer_Form_072413.pdf

You can also find it on their website here: https://www.ncl.com/downloads/docs

Edited by peg013
Add Form Link

so i guess this comes down to OBC 600 bucks. i truly dont know what id spend it on. really dont want all the pics lol

You can use it on spa services; massages, acupuncture, facials, etc. That's what I would do!

I forgot to answer your question about what to spend it on........You can purchase "Cruise Next" certificates to use as your future deposits if you plan to cruise on NCL in the next 4 years. Plus specialty dining, excursions, gifts from the gift shop, jewelry, booze.....and so on........ :)

And, make sure you're reading the promotion correctly. I got the same one and it's either or, but not both. Either the OBC or refund after the cruise.

i do have to call. they are giving free gratuities on new bookings. this wouldnt be new technically.

id def take the OBC. though is that really smart? i mean, lets do the math

600 obc

vs

800 cash back. i'm assuming that means if i spend 400 i get 800 back and i literally make 400. which sounds too good to be true. but then again. the 600 is a better deal, right?

I book directly with NCL, and periodically call to inquire about a lower price or better perks. They always give me the new pricing and tell me of anything I might gain or lose in the transaction.

They always tell me it is possible to lose the room, as they must release it first, and it could be grabbed by another booking before she can grab it back.

Chances are always good that it will remain available if they make the transaction quickly enough. Let them know the room is important so they can grab it first before some of the other booking tasks.

Joe

I book directly with NCL, and periodically call to inquire about a lower price or better perks. They always give me the new pricing and tell me of anything I might gain or lose in the transaction.

This is in no way limited to booking direct. A good TA can do pretty much anything NCL can (or call them to do the few things the TA can't do by themselves) and also can deviate from the list pricing unlike NCL personnel (for example by giving OBC like in this case, or like we have always gotten about 10% of the cruise fare from our TA in OBC and/or discount).

I had a pretty good PCC (not great though) and couple of years ago moved my business permanently to a TA when the PCC said that they can not match TA prices/perks and encouraged me to transfer my booking to said TA for a better deal. This has also proven to be very good since I'm not tied to one cruise line but my TA can book us anywhere and we get similar discounts/perks still.

Edited by Demonyte

for a TA to give you a larger discount than dealing directly with the cruiseline.

1. The TA has a Group reserved with group pricing on that sailing.

2. The TA or TA's Agency is rebating some or all of their commission

Everyone uses the same booking engine and has the same pricing.

Agents/Agencies that have volume business often feel they have the ability to give up some of the commission to gain the sale.

Smaller Agents / Agencies often find it harder to compete and the commission they receive is what they live on. Agencies that sell more for a cruiseline, will get a higher commission rate. They try to make it up with exemplary service.

Every perk you get is either coming from the cruiseline or directly out of the agent/agencies pocket. Obviously you will be offered less or nothing at all, if you book the least expensive inside cabin, but could be offered much more if you are booking the Haven.

Every perk you get is either coming from the cruiseline or directly out of the agent/agencies pocket. Obviously you will be offered less or nothing at all, if you book the least expensive inside cabin, but could be offered much more if you are booking the Haven.

Otherwise you're just stating the obivious in your post, but every perk is ultimately coming out of passenger's pocket. The reseller that makes the best deal will get the customer's business.

And 10% of inside's total price is still 10%, even though it is obiviously much less than 10% of suite's total price.

The average commission for an inside stateroom is approximately $50 - $75.

Usually split 50-50 between agent and agency.

Just remember when you state something is "obvious" does not mean it is correct.

The one making the best deal and provides the best service will win the business. and that would mean best deal for the buyer and the seller.

Just consider how incented the agent/agency is to give you the utmost in service, when in essence you have asked them to pay you for doing business with them.

Let's see.....I work hard and I get paid by the cruiselines, and you expect me to split my income with you. BTW, are you voting for Bernie? Just kidding....I do recognize the economics of it!

for a TA to give you a larger discount than dealing directly with the cruiseline.

1. The TA has a Group reserved with group pricing on that sailing.

2. The TA or TA's Agency is rebating some or all of their commission

Everyone uses the same booking engine and has the same pricing.

Agents/Agencies that have volume business often feel they have the ability to give up some of the commission to gain the sale.

Smaller Agents / Agencies often find it harder to compete and the commission they receive is what they live on. Agencies that sell more for a cruiseline, will get a higher commission rate. They try to make it up with exemplary service.

I'm a little confused on how this works actually. I am looking on an upcoming cruise in December and it is $1000 more to book it thru NCL. The price from the online agency doesn't include any "free" perks which I am fine with. This is for an inside room. There is no way they are taking that much of a hit. Just frustrating NCL won't match it as I need a handicapped room.

Donna

cabin for one or a inside cabin for 2? And you say it has to be ADA compliant.

Most Studio's I have sold barely cost $1000 so I can not see how they can be $1000 more through NCL

What ship and dates are you looking at.? and what pricing have you gotten?

ADA rooms are no higher in price that others in the same category.

cabin for one or a inside cabin for 2? And you say it has to be ADA compliant.

Most Studio's I have sold barely cost $1000 so I can not see how they can be $1000 more through NCL

What ship and dates are you looking at.? and what pricing have you gotten?

ADA rooms are no higher in price that others in the same category.

This is actually for a room that holds 4. It is the Dawn Dec 30, 2016 cruise out of New Orleans.

The cheapest inside room on NCL is $3792.48 (including taxes and port fees) not including any service promo charge. I called yesterday and they do have a handicapped cabin available which was $20 more than the cheapest inside.

On an online agency that starts with an E the cheapest inside room is $2695.32 including taxes and port fees. This one has no perks.

I called the online agency yesterday and they are unable to get the handicapped room. It is very frustrating. My son is in a wheelchair and we really need a handicapped room but I just can't seem to spend over $1000 more.

Donna

You have picked on of the most expensive dates, over New Years Eve and Day.

Let me look into it for you, but those book up fast so I understand not being able to get a suitable room.

But many people book wheelchair accessible rooms, when they do nto need them, because o f the size. NCL does notify them that they could be moved if a truly deserving person needs the room.

You have picked on of the most expensive dates, over New Years Eve and Day.

Let me look into it for you, but those book up fast so I understand not being able to get a suitable room.

But many people book wheelchair accessible rooms, when they do nto need them, because o f the size. NCL does notify them that they could be moved if a truly deserving person needs the room.

Thanks! I do realize it is a more expensive week to cruise and I am OK with that. My daughter is still in high school so do not want her missing alot of school.

I have no problem paying the $2695.32 price. But in order to book in on NCL and get the handicapped room I have to pay $1097.16 more? Now that I have a problem with!

Donna

This is actually for a room that holds 4. It is the Dawn Dec 30, 2016 cruise out of New Orleans.

The cheapest inside room on NCL is $3792.48 (including taxes and port fees) not including any service promo charge. I called yesterday and they do have a handicapped cabin available which was $20 more than the cheapest inside.

On an online agency that starts with an E the cheapest inside room is $2695.32 including taxes and port fees. This one has no perks.

I called the online agency yesterday and they are unable to get the handicapped room. It is very frustrating. My son is in a wheelchair and we really need a handicapped room but I just can't seem to spend over $1000 more.

Donna

Donna if I were you I would call directly to the access desk for NCL. They have ben very good to me when I needed their assistance. The phone number is 1-800-327-9020 extension 26159. Fax number is 305-468-2171. Good luck.

Wendy

Edited by mexico8

look at cabin 10711, wheel chair accessible and holds 4 people.

from NCL, price is $4048.44, and includes the beverage package for first two. price can come down by $255.96 if you forgo their "free drink package"

What did the other agency quote you and what did NCL quote you

look at cabin 10711, wheel chair accessible and holds 4 people.

from NCL, price is $4048.44, and includes the beverage package for first two. price can come down by $255.96 if you forgo their "free drink package"

What did the other agency quote you and what did NCL quote you

Thanks! I called yesterday and they told me there was an inside handicapped room available also for $3792.48. Still can't get past having to pay over $1000 more. So I know there are handicapped rooms available just don't know why I can't get one from the online agency.

Donna

Donna if I were you I would call directly to the access desk for NCL. They have ben very good to me when I needed their assistance. The phone number is 1-800-327-9020 extension 26159. Fax number is 305-468-2171. Good luck.

Wendy

Thanks! Think I will do that!

Donna