Actual Decrease in Drink Packages haha

The pages aren't loading for me correctly through my cries planner....but it does look like the packages are discounted for the grandeur April 17th, 2016 10 sailing.... I better purchase it tomorrow so I can print confirmation while i have access to a printer

Most computers have a "print to PDF" option or "Print to OneNote" when you click print/change printer. Print to PDF would be preferable, and then you can print it physically from there and it will still look well. Print to OneNote messes up the formatting sometimes.

The gratuities are added once I the cart at checkout. My premium package came up $39/day per person then once I got to checkout it came to a total of $647 and some change ($47 and change/day per person) I actually had the non-sale packages in my cart for $809 (with grats) and it said it was no longer available so if it's available on a sailing it will automatically default to the sale price :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Most computers have a "print to PDF" option or "Print to OneNote" when you click print/change printer. Print to PDF would be preferable, and then you can print it physically from there and it will still look well. Print to OneNote messes up the formatting sometimes.

Thanks!

Looks like IT has fixed the error. I just went back in and noticed that they fine print now states it will add the 18% gratuity to the price of the package.. Now I am wondering whether or not Royal is going to honor the packages that sold without the Gratuity already included or are they going to charge those of us that caught the mistake the 18 percent gratuity on the ship per each drink we buy?

165913555_CruiseDrinkPackage.jpg.9078ae7620cd95c33d98f6be3cd1fa57.jpg

1915594779_CruiseDrinkPackage2.jpg.c67ebeb66fb5e75989c9799a83e311c2.jpg

Looks like IT has fixed the error. I just went back in and noticed that they fine print now states it will add the 18% gratuity to the price of the package.. Now I am wondering whether or not Royal is going to honor the packages that sold without the Gratuity already included or are they going to charge those of us that caught the mistake the 18 percent gratuity on the ship per each drink we buy?

Added when? At check out?

Either way isn't it still a discount?

Ok, so I logged back into our cruise planner and see that RC must have caught on to their initial "mistake."

When I first posted, they were including gratuities in the total... whether intentional or not who's to say!

Now, in mock booking another Premium package I see that they are adding an additional "service charge" equaling 18% of whatever your total may be....

So, for the people that were able to get it early on in the day, gratuities were included in our Total Cost and now the Total Cost has been increased to reflect an 18% service charge... typical Royal Caribbean! :rolleyes:

Edited by sammydh82

Added when? At check out?

Either way isn't it still a discount?

Yes still a discount but it is a deeper discount with the mistake that royal made in saying that the gratuities were already included when they weren't. for my 9 day cruise the total package price without the gratuities is $352.80 versus $416.31 with forgotten gratuities added back in.

Agree, RCL must have caught their "mistake" in not adding 18% gratuities. 1 hour after locking in the 20% off gratuity included, I see they're now adding 18% to purchases.

That being said, I think RCL has to honor the price we paid before they caught their mistake. We've got email confirmation that the package was purchased and paid in full with a $0 balance due.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just my opinion, but Royal Caribbean has to/ should honor the packages they sold earlier. As I said, the multiple reps I spoke with all stated that gratuities were included with the $39 and $47 per day prices. They can't exactly go back on a contract when you have a printed confirmation saying what your Total Cost was for a product, or I think they would have a lot of backlash!

If they tried to do that to us, I would simply make a visit to Guest Services with my paperwork and ensure that they fixed the issue and removed any additional charges.

The gratuities are added once I the cart at checkout. My premium package came up $39/day per person then once I got to checkout it came to a total of $647 and some change ($47 and change/day per person) I actually had the non-sale packages in my cart for $809 (with grats) and it said it was no longer available so if it's available on a sailing it will automatically default to the sale price :)

Yes that's what I got for allure April 3 $647 instead of $809 I wasn't going to purchase it but I guess I will now. that's a pretty good discount.

Yes that's what I got for allure April 3 $647 instead of $809 I wasn't going to purchase it but I guess I will now. that's a pretty good discount.

Sadly, even at $809 it would probably save us quite a bit. I married an Irish man ;) also, the more he drinks, the higher his extra tipping gets. During the day, I usually see a few $1-2 charges....then evening comes and they start turning into $5-10 tips! I guess that's why bar tenders are often very kind to him :)

But at $647 it's a great deal for us.....I'm excited to try some new drinks without the guilt I normally feel towards the end of a cruise (about cost, not my overindulgence lol! It's vacation after all!!)

What is the $ limit on glasses of wine and martinis on ultimate? Do you have to pay the excess over the limit or do you have to pay the full drink amount

You pay any excess over the pre-gratuity price of $12.

Edited by clarea

Thanks for this post!! I have been going back and forth on when to buy the drink package and this definitely made up my mind for me. I'm on the Allure April 17 sailing and before it was $404 and change, now it's around $324. Definitely made this rainy Monday a little better :)

I've been following these boards since we booked our cruise last March, but I usually do a search for answers so haven't posted in quite awhile. ;) We are sailing on April 3rd Allure Western Caribbean. I'm so excited and can hardly wait as this will be our first time on Royal! :)

I have a question on the Premium drink package. Does this include the frozen alcoholic drinks? Are those usually in excess of the $12 price limit, so I would have to pay extra? I wasn't going to purchase this package since we aren't big drinkers, but these prices may make it worth it for us now. I did purchase the Replenish package, but will cancel if we decide to go with the Premium. Do you also get the specialty coffees and fresh squeezed orange juice or is that only in the replenish package?

Thanks for any help!