Has thomsons dropped turkey

Booked on NCL Jade on the 28th may sailing from Venice and just been informed by T/A that Kusadasi has been dropped and the alternate port will be Santorini,this is obviously for safety reasons.

We are also booked on the Dream for the 23sept from Corfu which has two port stops in turkey Cesme and Istanbul,just been on to check Thomsons website and that sailing has been removed so looks like there may be changes made to that cruise as well,anybody heard anything.

I think there might be an issue with the site as when you search for July, only an Adriatic Explorer sailing appears and nothing else.

A lot of itineraries, including all of Discovery's seem to be missing for most of the summer. :confused:

Thomson are in a difficult situation with Turkey - if they pull the port stops, but then they are still selling package holidays to the region.

Thomson are in a difficult situation with Turkey - if they pull the port stops, but then they are still selling package holidays to the region. [/url]

Absolutely.

Recent outrages have been in Ankara and Istanbul - no threat to the tourist resorts.

Kurdish factions won't target these, that would be grossly counterproductive to their cause.

Islamist groups - that's a different scenario though.

I think there might be an issue with the site as when you search for July, only an Adriatic Explorer sailing appears and nothing else.

A lot of itineraries, including all of Discovery's seem to be missing for most of the summer. :confused:

Thomson are in a difficult situation with Turkey - if they pull the port stops, but then they are still selling package holidays to the region.

Have booked kemer antalia for july with family,were flying from bournmouth but have been transferd to gatwick through lack of booking,s have been given the early flight on the dreamliner all sitting together , and a better price than flying from bournmouth.

Welcome back. I did try to find you last week, knocked on your cabin a couple of times and left a message but you were probably in a bar. 😀😀. Looks like it will be our last visit to Caribbean as Mrs PC not well on return so will be looking for info on Majesty cabins for next year's early cruise, shame will miss it😕😕 . Big thank you to Geo for his very informative beach info we did most of them☺

Welcome back. I did try to find you last week, knocked on your cabin a couple of times and left a message but you were probably in a bar. 😀😀. Looks like it will be our last visit to Caribbean as Mrs PC not well on return so will be looking for info on Majesty cabins for next year's early cruise, shame will miss it😕😕 . Big thank you to Geo for his very informative beach info we did most of them☺

HI P.C sorry we missed you found your welcome card on the floor we must have been at the lido buffet at the time, we did board at 12-30 pm be for the rush, i,am very sorry to hear your wife was unwell ,yes they did have the BUG aboard,i hope she is better now,there was a rumor it came in on the Manchester flight, but who know,s as for Celebration yes a nice size for the Caribbean ,she looked very small up against the OASIS O T SEA, food wise same as Dream, more space for sun bathing, cabin very good size slightly bigger than dream,deck six deluxe to out side plus, over all i will give her a BIG . 7 let,s hope they keep her in the fleet, keep well HOWARD

Thanks Howard, she is recovering, first day out today we don't think it was the ships bug as we had no hygiene problems for the two weeks, but we did have a flooded cabin on arrival which took three days to dry out, you may have noticed the army of maintenance guys when you arrived outside the cabins, she had the same two years ago and that's why we missed the Caribbean last year, don't get me wrong we still had a great time, in fact I think in all our years one of the best nights spent on board, we had a 'lock in' in Hemingway's with Carl Scofield and Alan till 2AM:eek: you just had to be there to understand but it was fantastic, I know we've all seen him loads of times and his jokes are the same but:D In the Lido for something to eat I believe you:rolleyes:

Thanks Howard, she is recovering, first day out today we don't think it was the ships bug as we had no hygiene problems for the two weeks, but we did have a flooded cabin on arrival which took three days to dry out, you may have noticed the army of maintenance guys when you arrived outside the cabins, she had the same two years ago and that's why we missed the Caribbean last year, don't get me wrong we still had a great time, in fact I think in all our years one of the best nights spent on board, we had a 'lock in' in Hemingway's with Carl Scofield and Alan till 2AM:eek: you just had to be there to understand but it was fantastic, I know we've all seen him loads of times and his jokes are the same but:D In the Lido for something to eat I believe you:rolleyes:

One of the best nights ever on a cruise was on Celebration last June. Lock-in in Hemingways with Carl Schofield, Ben Moss and Paul Evans. Didn't finish till 3.00am and the bar was buzzing all night. :)

Carl Schofield one of the best comedians in my and my friends opinion - very clever rapping and a lovely man - very sociable and does more on the Dream than his guest slots - don't know about the other ships. He sets up jam nights in Medusa and Watersedge and is well thought of by the entertainment teams

How he keeps going with the chronic arthritis he has in his hands elbows and feet I don't know but we all look forward to him being on our cruises and for the lockins By the way does anyone know what's happened to Les Brian? He used to be a guitarist in the 60s and then became a comedian - he lives in Stoke.:)

Pensioncruiser sorry to hear your wife has been ill since her return from what sounds like a great holiday. Do you think it could have been the de-humidifier and the damp which caused her illness There will have been lots of spores floating about in your cabin My first cruise on Spirit years ago we had two floods and had to sleep in a very damp cabin It was dried out during the day which meant we had to have the door open all day as there was no where else for the damp to go except into the corridor. After one night we complained bitterly as I developed a chest infection but they couldn't move us as there were no free cabins - we were on a repo. However they did give us £50 credit each. I had to have antibiotics when I got home and my doctor said it was very dangerous to sleep in a damp cabin with no fresh air circulating and it could have turned to pneumonia. Luckily it has never happened since but if it did I would refuse to sleep in the cabin.

Hope Mrs PC is now feeling better.

Think with comedians it's a personal thing for use we can take him or leave him but on this particular night it all seamed to gel, could have been the AI, again for us it was fantastic he wasn't crude at all but I understand what you are saying. He did a send up of the Titanic song with different lyrics which had everyone in tears, probably lots have heard it before but it was our first time. I believe he is performing in Blackpool at the moment. The comedian who did the second week, iop was not good, don't remember his name but was off Britain's got talent, most people walked out.

Listening to recent news reports on the immigrant crisis in that part of Europe- Turkey wants to make a deal helping it to join the EU, and part of the agreement is that Turkish citizens won't need a visa to travel within the EU.

Presumably that is the Turks desired ambition during the transition period towards EU status - EU nationals don't need a visa to travel to other member states, as far as I know ?

If the EU does agree to this interim position, I trust the UK government will insist on full reciprocity, so we won't need a visa for holiday in Turkey - which is just a money making exercise for their government.

Locked in with Carl Schofield :eek::eek: My idea of hell! He is the worst comedian I have ever seen on a ship :rolleyes:

We weren't keen on Carl Schofield either. He tended to ignore people when he was off stage unlike other entertainers who are generally very friendly and mix with passengers. Worst comedian we saw was very racist, can't remember his name. Lots of people walked out of his show including us.

Maurice Grumbleweed used to be quite good but he is using the same material over and over again on all the different ships. In fact most of the comedians are using the same jokes, it's getting a bit like the captain's speech on every ship, we know it of by heart now......who's driving the ship etc. etc....

Les Brian the strat playing comedian has been found My hubby texted him and he's just left Tenerife for Funchal on the Magellan - glad to hear he's still working - a gentle comedian and a brilliant Shadows music player:)

Booked on NCL Jade on the 28th may sailing from Venice and just been informed by T/A that Kusadasi has been dropped and the alternate port will be Santorini,this is obviously for safety reasons.

We are also booked on the Dream for the 23sept from Corfu which has two port stops in turkey Cesme and Istanbul,just been on to check Thomson website and that sailing has been removed so looks like there may be changes made to that cruise as well,anybody heard anything.

We are doing the same cruise in May and have not heard anything. We were keeping an open mind and prepared to go ashore but, after this weekends terrorism, I must admit I am hoping Thomson will change the itinerary then the decision to go ashore will be taken out of our hands. I have known Thomson to change the itinerary at the last moment. It would also save them lots of fuel if they didn't go all the way to Istanbul

We weren't keen on Carl Schofield either. He tended to ignore people when he was off stage unlike other entertainers who are generally very friendly and mix with passengers. Worst comedian we saw was very racist, can't remember his name. Lots of people walked out of his show including us.

Maurice Grumbleweed used to be quite good but he is using the same material over and over again on all the different ships. In fact most of the comedians are using the same jokes, it's getting a bit like the captain's speech on every ship, we know it of by heart now......who's driving the ship etc. etc....

We saw Maurice Grumbleweed on Oceana last year. He did two very good shows, but it was the first time we had seen him.

Maxwell Plumm and Fogwell Flax, we have seen MANY times and yes their jokes have been recycled quite a lot :rolleyes:

Hi Linda we saw Maurice on Ocean Village and OV2 and thought he was good but haven't seen him on Thomson ships We have seen the other two you mention and they weren't bad either. It would be nice to see some Tribute acts for a change on Thomson we saw some really good ones on OV and OV2 Bupsie (Nikki Brown from Leeds) who was on the X Factor was brilliant as Tina Turner and then she did a show later as herself. Another was a Neil Diamond Tribute from Bolton, a Robbie Williams and a Freddy Mercury tribute was fabulous

Perhaps it's time for a change as most of us have seen these comedians Tim and time again.

Only 2 and a half weeks to go before back on the Dream to return to the Med I wonder who the comedians will be.

Lynda

Agree there were some brilliant tribute acts on O.V. ---Robbie Williams one did well on one of the t.v. talent shows, Lionel Richie one was also very good, on Majesty recently and the shows were very similar all relating to musicals -not as good as when we were on in October .

Hi Linda we saw Maurice on Ocean Village and OV2 and thought he was good but haven't seen him on Thomson ships We have seen the other two you mention and they weren't bad either.

Also saw him on OV2 and on the Dream,trust me you ain,t missing anything ;)

It would be nice to see some Tribute acts for a change on Thomson we saw some really good ones on OV and OV2 Bupsie (Nikki Brown from Leeds) who was on the X Factor was brilliant as Tina Turner and then she did a show later as herself. Another was a Neil Diamond Tribute from Bolton, a Robbie Williams and a Freddy Mercury tribute was fabulous[/quite]

Saw all these tribute acts as well and as you say Robbie Williams and Freddy Mercury especially were fabulous

Perhaps it's time for a change as most of us have seen these comedians Tim and time again.

Agree

Only 2 and a half weeks to go before back on the Dream to return to the Med I wonder who the comedians will be.

Lynda

Enjoy.

Been a few years having been on the Maj twice and doing the Discovery this year so kinda missing the Dream

Edited by Jim The Scot