Mount Robert Tram Tickets thru NCL

gsc500

We are struggling to use a $75 shore excursion credit per port on a NCL Alaskan cruise.

It looks like the NCL website no longer shows the Mount Robert Tram tickets in Juneau as a shore excursion option.

Was it ever an online option? Maybe it is only available on the ship? We are doing excursions on our own and will most likely let the credit go unused.

We were hoping to use the credit for something inexpensive like the tram tickets. And NCL would have gotten more money from us since the tickets are $33each and we will need to buy 6 tickets ($198), just to use a $75 credit. Lol.

The risk in buying tram tickets in advance is weather. If there is fog, there is not much to see. Recommend waiting until you are in port and know what the weather is before investing a couple hundred dollars on tram tickets.

I second what Mskaufman said -wait to see what the weather is like. If you have some of the TourSaver books, you might even be able to save some money on the tram ride. We had 5 in our party and we did save some money. I had 2 TourSaver books, so I gave one coupon to my mom and she paid for herself and one of my sons and the other 3 of us were on the other coupon. Unfortunately, with 6 of you, you'd need 3 books and I don't think you'd save enough to justify that (unless of course you are doing other things pre or post cruise where it might help). We walked around Juneau for a bit and then took the tram to the top and had lunch up there with bald eagles flying right outside our window! Gorgeous day and gorgeous views.

Only reason we would want to buy tram tickets onboard is to use "use it or lose it" shore excursion credit.

I guess I'll find out on board. We already have non cruise ship excursions planned and are renting a vehicle to go to Mendenhall.

Not the end of the world to let the shore excursion credit go unused. We only get $75 per port, per cabin. I'm also hoping they can be used to buy shuttle tickets in Victoria. If not, we will walk.

Thanks for the responses.

Edited by gsc500

• 6 months later...
We are struggling to use a $75 shore excursion credit per port on a NCL Alaskan cruise.

It looks like the NCL website no longer shows the Mount Robert Tram tickets in Juneau as a shore excursion option.

Was it ever an online option? Maybe it is only available on the ship? We are doing excursions on our own and will most likely let the credit go unused.

We were hoping to use the credit for something inexpensive like the tram tickets. And NCL would have gotten more money from us since the tickets are $33each and we will need to buy 6 tickets ($198), just to use a $75 credit. Lol.

I realize that this is an older thread, but just wondering if the OP used their credit to purchase tram tickets in Juneau?

We are in the same position, but only have $50/port credit (for next May). The tram would be one thing I wouldn't mind using the credit on. All of the other tours we are looking at are much more expensive through the ship even with the credit.

We don't dock in Juneau until 2 pm so ideally we would wait and if the weather is OK we would then purchase the tickets on the ship.

I realize that this is an older thread, but just wondering if the OP used their credit to purchase tram tickets in Juneau?

We are in the same position, but only have $50/port credit (for next May). The tram would be one thing I wouldn't mind using the credit on. All of the other tours we are looking at are much more expensive through the ship even with the credit.

We don't dock in Juneau until 2 pm so ideally we would wait and if the weather is OK we would then purchase the tickets on the ship.

Sorry, we actually didn't try to purchase tickets on board for the tram so I am not sure if the credit could be applied towards it.

We rented a car at port and did our own thing and was too tired when we got back to even try to go back out or ask about the the tram tickets on board. The port credit was pretty much money we left on the table and we did not use any of it, at any port.

We used our shore excursion credit to get tram tickets. We also rented a car and went to Mendenhall glacier and the hatchery.

That is what I would like to do as well. (We already have a car reserved.)

Is it possible to wait and buy the tram tickets on the ship the day you get to Juneau? I would prefer to wait until the last minute to see what the weather will be like. (The last time we were there you wouldn't have been able to see anything from the top of the mountain.) We don't dock in Juneau until 2 pm.

That is what I would like to do as well. (We already have a car reserved.)

Is it possible to wait and buy the tram tickets on the ship the day you get to Juneau? I would prefer to wait until the last minute to see what the weather will be like. (The last time we were there you wouldn't have been able to see anything from the top of the mountain.) We don't dock in Juneau until 2 pm.

I'm sorry, I don't know if tickets can be purchased when you get there. It only cost us a few dollars due to our shore excursion credit, so I didn't feel it was a big risk to buy them. How much shore excursion credit do you have? Maybe just reserve 1 ticket ahead of time, then you can buy another one on shore if you actually want to do it.

I'm sorry, I don't know if tickets can be purchased when you get there. It only cost us a few dollars due to our shore excursion credit, so I didn't feel it was a big risk to buy them. How much shore excursion credit do you have? Maybe just reserve 1 ticket ahead of time, then you can buy another one on shore if you actually want to do it.

Once we get on the ship, I will ask about waiting to purchase the tickets until the day we reach Juneau. Buying just one ticket would mean giving up part of the credit since we have $50/port. I believe the tickets are around $35 each?

I am not used to purchasing tours through the cruiselines...we usually book everything independently.

I found the following on the description of the Mt. Roberts Tram tour on the PRINCESS website...wonder if NCL has the same policy? Anyone know?

The list of excursions on the NCL website keeps growing , but at this point, the tram is not listed as one of the tours offered by NCL for our cruise.

A full refund will be given for any unused tickets on this tour, so there is no risk to purchasing prior to the call. You must bring your unused tickets back to the onboard Tour Desk by the end of the day. Tickets allow unlimited rides throughout the day and include viewing of the award-winning Tlingit film "Seeing Daylight." Tram cars depart approximately every five minutes. Hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. but may vary on Mondays, early May and late September. Guests make their own way to the tram on a short walk from the pier. No charge for children five years of age and younger.