Formal -v- Evening Chic

devonshirecreamtea

I enjoyed reading the diverse comments on this thread. We are just off the Equinox and this is my report on the dress code thing, on evening chic nights:

10% tuxes; even a couple white dinner jackets

40% dark suits

25% sport jackets and ties

25% high end resort casual shirts and pants

Ladies:

Almost all were very dressy, but not many formal. Maxi-dresses, cocktail dresses, sequins, silk, and bling.

Everyone looked nice. I did particularly enjoy the gentleman in his formal white dinner jacket and his lovely wife, both formal. They did not look out of place, they just looked elegant!!

Hi - We are cruising on Celebrity Reflection 25 April 2016. Wondering with the new dress codes how many men are actually still wearing formal dinner suits?

I think its sad they have have decided to downgrade the formal evenings. It is such a lovely and special thing to dress up for the evening and if you don't want to you are quite at liberty to go to the less formal buffet restaurants. Anyone been recently to give an opinion whether men are dressing up/or down??

Hello!

We're also on your cruise and looking forward to it very much. One of the things my partner and I like about cruises is the formality, so we will both certainly be wearing black bow tie etc on the chic nights. Hope that helps!

Adam

There really was not that much difference between our evenings (Formal) and our evenings (Evening Chic) compared to our past 27 Celebrity cruises. The casual crowd seemed to dress up more and the formal crowd seemed to dress down a little bit.

I still brought my Tux, but added a little chic with an ascot instead of a bow tie. My wife wears a dress to dinner every evening, with varying degrees of chic.

It will be interesting to see how this evolves over the next couple of years!

By the way, the crowd in the Elite Lounge seemed to be dressed up much better than even our past European cruises.

My Tux takes up less room in our rolling garment baggage, compared to a sports jacket + slacks. (light weight wool) We are going on a NCL cruise next week and we are taking the same amount of luggage. I don't buy the airline baggage issue at all. That's a faux argument!

We are going to have some fun with this Evening Chic stuff -- go with the flow and enjoy every minute of your cruise.

Kel:)

Edited by kelmac