First Celebrity cruise booked

Absolutheada

We're headed to Alaska in an Aqua suite, couldn't be more excited! A few questions...

Is there any way to iron without sending out?(Disney had a laundry room)

Is there a way to find others cruising on the same boat?(Searched FB, didn't find anything).

We don't cruise as frequently as some of you here but have gone before, but any tips for Celebrity are welcome!!

We're headed to Alaska in an Aqua suite, couldn't be more excited! A few questions...

Is there any way to iron without sending out?(Disney had a laundry room)

Is there a way to find others cruising on the same boat?(Searched FB, didn't find anything).

We don't cruise as frequently as some of you here but have gone before, but any tips for Celebrity are welcome!!

There are no laundry facilities on Celebrity ships, nor can irons or steamers be brought onboard. If you need to have anything ironed, you'd have to send it out.

There are roll call boards here on cruise critic, not sure of which sailing you are on, but here is the link to the main board for Celebrity.

Find your ship, and then your sail date and you can connect with others on your cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206

No, Celebrity does not have self service laundries and they do not permit irons or steamers to be brought on board.

Here's a link to the Celebrity roll call boards. Find your ships name and then scroll through the post headers to find your cruise, if a roll call has been started.

No, Celebrity does not have self service laundries and they do not permit irons or steamers to be brought on board.

Here's a link to the Celebrity roll call boards. Find your ships name and then scroll through the post headers to find your cruise, if a roll call has been started.

Thank you!

On many cruises, your best source of information and getting groups together is your Roll Call for your specific cruise. I think you were given a general link. It's under the general forums - "Roll Calls". You find the cruise line and ship and date and there you are!

It varies widely how active a particular cruise roll call may be. You might have over 2500 posts on a transatlantic and you might have 50 on a Caribbean.

We have had some wonderful days of private excursions with our fellow cruisers on the roll call - both pre-cruise and during. We've met for dinner in port ahead of time, and in Europe on those few days we travel ahead of time, and take tours of embarkation city, it's been the most fun and valuable.

Often there are organized events on the ship with the Cruise Critic members. Depends on who is active on the particular roll call as to how many events. Fun to join in the ongoing conversations with people on your upcoming cruise.

Many have been to these ports before and have tried-and-true hints and places to see/tour operators to use.

We pack our clothes that could wrinkle in individual dry cleaning bags, we hang them up in a steamy bathroom, use Wrinkle Release and at the day's end we just don't worry about it too much. I figure 98.6 degrees is going to iron things out after a few minutes anyway ;);) And your fellow cruisers are in the same boat, pun intended.

Keep reading here, on your roll call, on the ports section, and prepare as best as you can, but my advice is don't try and find out everything beforehand. Save some surprises so you have that "ooooh" and "aaaaaah" around every corner as you spend your first hours aboard. You'll love your cruise. Have fun! Wish our next one wasn't so far away.

I need to add my two cents. I am a very loyal Celebrity cruiser and happen to be one of those people who like my clothes without wrinkles, even when wearing just my tee shirt, shorts and flip-flips which is most days and like to get a little dressed up at night for dinner. I feel stupid sending out tee shirts or shorts (not underwear) to be pressed. I have always wished so badly they would have an area where folks could press their own stuff, even if they charged for each time period.

There is an abundance of information about Alaskan ports and excursion options on the Alaska Cruise Critic forum, which is located under "Ports of Call." And at the top of the Alaska CC forum you will find stickies with trip reports, which are extremely helpful when starting to plan for a trip to our state.