Carnival Shareholder Benifits

mdls22198

I am on the Dubai to Southampton and have received an OBC as a shareholder. We are looking at the Queen Elizabeth next year for a world cruise. Do Carnival give OBC for each leg or the whole trip?

Just once for the whole trip.

andhow

Just sent you an email. I hope I have your correct email address. If you don't see it, check your spam!

We moved since 2013. Different email. Unless I gave you a gmail address. I don't want to post addresses here. So, I'll look for yours.

Sorry for off-thread personal digression, everyone...

• 3 months later...
Hey, Capt! Welcome back! We have missed your postings.

I was thinking the same...missed you Capt! Hope you are doing well!

As everyone else has said, book it as one and you get OBC for one, but if you were to book as segments then OBC would be multiplied as per the length.

Edited by alibabacruisers

Wow, a rip-off for stock holders! Not that I would take a World Cruise on Cunard (maybe in some date in the very distant future), but this is very, very cheap. After spending huge amounts on the WC, one gets only one benefit for Carnival stock ownership? Not fair!

That is very interesting, as I thought you got a new internet allowance (depending on your status) for each segment? If they treat that as segments, why not the shareholder credit? Ours not to reason why ...

Personally, I wish they would pay the credit per day, but I realise that would be difficult for them. it is so frustrating when the only cruise I like is 12 days long and so I only get the $100 OBC. :D

Why would each segment get new internet credit?

We are presently World Club Gold and have booked from San Francisco to Southampton on QE for 2018 followed by Southampton to NYC on QM2.

My understanding is that we only change status at the completion of the voyage, in this case upon arrival at Southampton.

I would think that you get the OBC and the various credits for each voyage paid, not each section.

When we took the 28 day Norwegian Fjord trip, we were only awarded one set of Carnival shareholder credits as opposed to at least four segments.

If you do the math, it is more expensive to book segmentally than it is to book all one voyage (generally speaking, flash sales might change that)

Bananavan, what I have read on Cruise Critic (though never had the opportunity to try out for myself) is that if you have booked the World Cruise, some aspects of it are treated like separate segments. If you reach diamond status at the end of one of the segments, you get the benefits for diamond at the start of that next segment instead of having to wait for your next whole cruise. It has also been written a number of times that you get new internet allowance for each segment of the cruise.

Perhaps some experienced world cruisers could comment on this?

Edited by fantasy51

It is correct on the world cruise it is counted as separate segments for World Club. So you can move from Gold to Platinum to Diamond. It is specifically mentioned in the T&C.

All other cruises you only move to the next level when you take your start your next cruise.

Woo hoo. I had no idea that was how it worked. Thanks for that info.

We are already getting some pretty sweet benefits for having booked early, so I am not upset by only getting the Carnival Shareholder benefit more than once.

It all depends on perspective.

Bananavan, what I have read on Cruise Critic (though never had the opportunity to try out for myself) is that if you have booked the World Cruise, some aspects of it are treated like separate segments. If you reach diamond status at the end of one of the segments, you get the benefits for diamond at the start of that next segment instead of having to wait for your next whole cruise. It has also been written a number of times that you get new internet allowance for each segment of the cruise.

Perhaps some experienced world cruisers could comment on this?

You are correct on the segment upgrades and I can confirm that the Internet allowance is reset at the start of each sector...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2014/01/06/queen-mary-2-southampton-to-sydney/

What's more those benefits also apply if you are only on a number of sectors and not the whole World Cruise...

11733358266_cf798c30aa_z.jpg

Woo hoo. I had no idea that was how it worked. Thanks for that info.

We are already getting some pretty sweet benefits for having booked early, so I am not upset by only getting the Carnival Shareholder benefit more than once.

It all depends on perspective.

Well that's made someone's day.

We Are Cunard.

It is correct on the world cruise it is counted as separate segments for World Club. So you can move from Gold to Platinum to Diamond. It is specifically mentioned in the T&C.

All other cruises you only move to the next level when you take your start your next cruise.

Yes, you are moved to the next level at the start of the sector following your qualification.

Wow, a rip-off for stock holders! Not that I would take a World Cruise on Cunard (maybe in some date in the very distant future), but this is very, very cheap. After spending huge amounts on the WC, one gets only one benefit for Carnival stock ownership? Not fair!

Rules are rules old boy.

Think dividend.;);)

You are correct on the segment upgrades and I can confirm that the Internet allowance is reset at the start of each sector...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2014/01/06/queen-mary-2-southampton-to-sydney/

What's more those benefits also apply if you are only on a number of sectors and not the whole World Cruise...

11733358266_cf798c30aa_z.jpg

I was on 2 segments a couple of years ago and moved to gold on the second sector. However when I asked at the front desk they would not allow me to upgrade. When I pointed out that other travellers I shared a dining room table with had been upgraded, they didn't really care.

I am simply happy that we have a guaranteed A1 cabin.

This trip of a lifetime will not disappoint. No matter what.

Carnival stockholder benefit is something that has more than paid for itself with in dividends over the past 8 years and in OBC on all of the ships we have enjoyed.

We are Elite on Princess and are presently Gold on Cunard. We generally take cruises in excess of 15 days each so, unlike some who get benefits when they take shorter segments, we know that the cost/benefit is not the same for all.

I doubt that the lack of shareholder benefit on each segment is a deal breaker for World Cruisers.

Richard, I took the liberty of reading your blog. That has me even more excited. Thank you.

Edited by bananavan
Add paragraph.