Cutbacks and Steward barging in unannounced!

Do you think the "laundry" stops ever? Really? with 3000 passengers and 2000 or staff???? The tablecloths were just a "drop in the bucket" so to speak of the laundry done on a cruise. I doubt those machines (and the people running them) even noticed.... PLUS Carnival has a closed environment, anything going out to sea from the ship is water that was reclaimed from the sea first (reverse osmosis), filtered, used, then filtered prior to being released IF it is "greywater"... which is what would be from the laundry. The water going back out would be cleaner than the water taken in by the ship... so yes it would be "green".

You can enjoy tablecolths, clean towels, etc. and not worry about the "environment" on a ship, at least not the water part. As for the power and the energy being used, the power plants onboard make the same amount of energy regardless of whether it is used or not.

Exactly. Those machine never shut down. Not sure why some think there's a green savings at all. They just wash other things, including customers clothes, some for a price. Oh, wait a minute........

I look at the no tablecloth issue as a good thing personally, wait staff can turnover the tables much quicker not having to change out the table cloth after some of the people are done eating (can we say messy ;)), much more sanitary, clear the dishes and wipe the down the table. It is good for formal night to up the ambiance I guess.

As far as the elevator thing, seriously think of getting some exercise and walking to help counteract the food all week. Great way to keep fit, we basically stick to balcony, empress, mid ship, walk everywhere.

(***obviously if you have a disability and cannot walk far then it is the exception, but to the rest of people that complain about elevator issues and CAN walk (and probably should walk), try it!)

Since now laundering of the tablecloths is being discussed, this may curl your hair. I managed a very nice hotel resort restaurant in Miami late '90's, early 00's. I kept noticing hair on the tablecloths. Yuk! I went down to the laundry and saw they were washing the sheets from the rooms in the same loads as the tablecloths. Was quite a process to make them stop doing this. Was told it was common practice in all venues that sheets, towels and tablecloths were all white. We became the 1st fine dining restaurant in that area that had colored tablecloths. Was the only way to make them stop.

Do you think the "laundry" stops ever? Really? with 3000 passengers and 2000 or staff???? The tablecloths were just a "drop in the bucket" so to speak of the laundry done on a cruise. I doubt those machines (and the people running them) even noticed.... PLUS Carnival has a closed environment, anything going out to sea from the ship is water that was reclaimed from the sea first (reverse osmosis), filtered, used, then filtered prior to being released IF it is "greywater"... which is what would be from the laundry. The water going back out would be cleaner than the water taken in by the ship... so yes it would be "green".

You can enjoy tablecolths, clean towels, etc. and not worry about the "environment" on a ship, at least not the water part. As for the power and the energy being used, the power plants onboard make the same amount of energy regardless of whether it is used or not.

Very correct Bobsfamily......

Seems to me the time spent in the guest service line would be well worth it compared to having something bother you so much that it would ruin your vacation.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

Time spent here after the fact on the issue > time spent on-board addressing the issue and it being resolved. :rolleyes:

The Vista looks beautiful and fun. I hope my kids enjoy, but I think I have set the bar pretty high by starting them off on DCL.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this post because this seems to be the nature of the Carnival boards which is another reason I'm getting nervous about this cruise.

I noticed that too, it is a bit rougher on certain boards with a lot of seemingly bitter and rude people yet people tend to be friendlier and more mature on others.. Coincidence ??? Anyway, I too would love to try the Vista, after hearing so many cool things about it ! How awesome you are platinum on Disney !!

I would be very upset about the steward barging in unannounced, but it would only take once for me to figure out that I should deadbolt the door.

Reminds me of the story of a friend who lamented to me that getting a quality cover for her iPhone was ridiculously expensive but she had to have one because she drops her phone at least once a day.

She really didn't like my suggestion that she simply concentrate on not dropping her phone once a day.

We are platinum on Disney and are about to embark on our first Carnival cruise. The reason we booked Carnival was the itinerary on the Vista in Europe. Disney was only offering 7 day med cruises. They did have one 12 day, but the price was outrageous, and it hasn't sold. We homeschool so we are able to take offseason cruises and book last minute. They do have off season discounts especially out of Galveston. I have absolutely loved every Disney cruise and I will continue to sail on them despite the price. Contrary to what people think they do have a great adult area. If your looking for a party cruise Disney is not the cruise for you, but it's a great family environment with a great staff. They do not play "It's a small world"for 7 days straight like one poster said. They do play the same music you would hear on any top 40 music station. Your not going to see fights or drunken belligerent people on a Disney cruise. At least I never have. I'm sure there is the rate occasion. I'm really nervous about trying Carnival. It doesn't have the best reputation. I going in with an open mind. The Vista looks beautiful and fun. I hope my kids enjoy, but I think I have set the bar pretty high by starting them off on DCL.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this post because this seems to be the nature of the Carnival boards which is another reason I'm getting nervous about this cruise.

Not flaming you, but, I am the one that mentioned "it's a small world" When we lived in Daytona Beach, we were so close to the parks, we went fairly often, and without kids as ours were already grown. We loved it! In fact, enjoyed it more than when we were dragging young children around. Focusing on US, instead of the kids was a pleasant change. I really should not have given an opinion about a ship (Disney) I have never even been on. It just seems to me it would be oriented more for families. And it is more expensive. Carnival does indeed get a bad rap about drinking and partying. Knock wood, and this is just our experience, we have never seen the horrible behavior that is sometimes posted on this board. Possibly, because we are older and don't see what happens late at night. We are more of the, he gets up early and works out, I sleep in, if you can call sleeping in, getting up at 8am.:) We do drink, but, as mentioned, don't stay up long enough to see the party hardy night life. We live in Galveston, so it makes sense to us to cruise from here. I had reservations about it myself, my 1st time out. I had read on these boards, that the people that cruise in Sept., which is usually when my husband gets his vacation, are rude, crude, rednecks, etc....as it is one of the less expensive months to cruise. Again, so far, we have met people from all over, and some from just 20 miles away. People are people everywhere, just different geography. Seeing children on my cruise would not spoil it for me. But, honestly, I rarely even notice any, they are not hanging out in adult venues and we aren't in kid venues. Please don't stress and be nervous. Your cruise won't be any different than any other occasion that out of 2K to 3K people, there will probably be some jerks. Plus, since you are traveling with your children, doubt you would be in the places that some might "party" too hard. I agree as you said, to keep an open mind. Have a great cruise!!!:D

Don't worry, I'm trying to delete my membership on this board; Ive been accused of so many things, even faking who I am and being a troll; some posts to me were from your old timers and were even considered rude by YOUR own moderators and removed! No time in my life to stick around here and be insulted people who dont even know me, and who have no sense of Humor (and who said Carnival was supposed the be the FUN SHIP !) I still wish y'all the best and many happy cruise ship tablecloths to come !

I do wish you'd stick around Kitty. it is quite unfortunate you've been treated as you have...for the most part I agree with you. It was never really about the table cloths, but more of what they represent, luxury, elegance, etc, I know you were just voicing your thoughts and opinions, and mostly I feel the same way.

So, whether or not you decide to stick around , it's been fun. If you decide to stay however, there's a lot more discuss on this board...and if you ignore all the detractors it's not so bad. Either way, good luck, I hope you stick around..this place needs more like you!

Don't worry, I'm trying to delete my membership on this board; Ive been accused of so many things, even faking who I am and being a troll; some posts to me were from your old timers and were even considered rude by YOUR own moderators and removed! No time in my life to stick around here and be insulted people who dont even know me, and who have no sense of Humor (and who said Carnival was supposed the be the FUN SHIP !) I still wish y'all the best and many happy cruise ship tablecloths to come !

You too..this whole thing went south too soon and any way you try to get out of this kind of deal is a no win,,,,please see the nicer thread here where this kind of issue is discussed. It is impossible to not have trolls and messy situations here,,,and we never "know"...but the good people outweigh the bad and mods try real hard, both is fixing and letting some things speak for themselves and work out.......blessings on your journey and good tablecloths in your future too...lol...don't forget the placemats too...lol...do you by any chance like Madam Secretary?????....I adore it and she and her daughters used them on a snow hill like we did at times......I really believe that show is the best at working it out lessons...that one and Blue Bloods and Code Black...all give me hope. Just not to worry...support...and be well.

Edited by sjn911

Please stay, CruisinHelloKitty.:o You're tough enough to handle the jerks. You seemed to be doing a fine job of sticking up for yourself. You've got moxie, Kitty!:cool: And I agree with Splash - CC needs more people like you.

I understand how you feel, & I'm sorry that this all happened to you. I also hope that you stick around. There are plenty of people here that do support you, myself included. It's unfortunate that the negativity & attacks has grown so much lately, but there's still plenty of good around here. Your input & contributions can help make these boards better. But either way, I wish you all the best in your future travels.

I understand how you feel, & I'm sorry that this all happened to you. I also hope that you stick around. There are plenty of people here that do support you, myself included. It's unfortunate that the negativity & attacks has grown so much lately, but there's still plenty of good around here. Your input & contributions can help make these boards better. But either way, I wish you all the best in your future travels.

I actually don't understand why this board doesn't follow its own rules. I've seen this poster called the T word, and right there on page one, it says it's not allowed. In fact, I just did a search of the word on this boards, and I came up with 15 pages of posts on the word. Says there's 351 threads that contain that word.

So we have someone who shared her experience chased off by some type of crowd that's allowed.

Edited by Je Souhaite

I'm sorry to hear this. It was sad watching the usual suspects drag you down.