Vista Blog! :D

Scratchrat

I've written about the Vista on my travel blog! I hope to add to it daily for the next two weeks to give information about all the ports and also about the ship!

I'd love it if you'd follow :)

https://kascapades.wordpress.com/

I enjoyed your blog. Thank you. My husband, cousin Jimmy, and his wife Carolyn will be on the May 1 sailing. We are very excited.

Bobbie

I enjoyed your blog. Thank you. My husband, cousin Jimmy, and his wife Carolyn will be on the May 1 sailing. We are very excited.

Bobbie

That's great to hear!

Please do keep an eye on the blog then, I'll be updating it daily with lots of information about the ports and the ship!

I think it could be really useful to get a view of Europe from someone who has always lived here in Europe! :D

Great to see that my wife and I are not the only Brits who have become Carnival addicts.

We have done two previous inaugurals on both the Dream and the Breeze and inaugural season sailings on both the Freedom and the Magic.

There is nothing like sailing on a new ship.

I have just realised that you were on the Breeze inaugural with us, pity we didn't meet up.

We decided this time not to do the inaugural but are booked on the 13th September sailing out of Athens.

Looking forward to reading your blog.

Edited by bluwes

Great to see that my wife and I are not the only Brits who have become Carnival addicts.

We have done two previous inaugurals on both the Dream and the Breeze and inaugural season sailings on both the Freedom and the Magic.

There is nothing like sailing on a new ship.

I have just realised that you were on the Breeze inaugural with us, pity we didn't meet up.

We decided this time not to do the inaugural but are booked on the 13th September sailing out of Athens.

Looking forward to reading your blog.

Yes, shame we didn't meet on the Breeze! What a wonderful cruise it was! I'll definitely be keeping the blog updated with lots of photos, anecdotes and food :D

Yes, shame we didn't meet on the Breeze! What a wonderful cruise it was! I'll definitely be keeping the blog updated with lots of photos, anecdotes and food :D

Quite a few from our Breeze roll call are also sailing with us, we sailed with them in 2013 on the Legend Baltic cruise.

Your blog page is very professional looking. I hope that when you actually get on board you will post lots of information for all of us that have speculated for months, and have to wait until December or later for our chance. Photos would be great too :)

Your blog page is very professional looking. I hope that when you actually get on board you will post lots of information for all of us that have speculated for months, and have to wait until December or later for our chance. Photos would be great too :)

Absolutely!

Thanks so much for the compliment on the blog. I really want to make it successful and to do that I need kind people like you who enjoy reading it!

I'll be posting as much as I can while on the ship and then afterwards I'll be writing up a detailed trip report!

Stay tuned later today for my first Port Preview blog about Dubrovnik!

I can't figure out how to follow your blog [emoji848]

We'll be on the September 13th sailing. Looking forward to your posts and pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You can either follow the blog using these instructions: https://en.support.wordpress.com/following/

OR

You can simply bookmark the page and visit it when you like.

The advantage of making an account to follow the blog is you'll get an e-mail whenever a new post is available.

Thanks for reading :)

Looks nice. I will be checking back on YOUR blog to see if there's anything new before we go on June 3rd and start adding stuff to OUR blog. :)

I can't wait

Wonderful! I look forward to seeing your take on things! I'm very new to blogging so I'm eager to see how yours goes as well :)

New post up today! All about Dubrovnik! :)

http://www.kascapades.wordpress.com

Thank you. Do you know if Carnival will have a shuttle to Old Town? From pictures I have seen, the path on the wall seem easy to walk. How difficult are the steps that lead up on the wall? My cousin has broken some bones in his foot and has to wear a steel boot right now. He may be in that boot when we sail. For years he has dreamed of walking that wall. His wife and I have tried to prepare him for disappointment by suggesting other activities. He is a very stubborn man.

Bobbie

Thank you. Do you know if Carnival will have a shuttle to Old Town? From pictures I have seen, the path on the wall seem easy to walk. How difficult are the steps that lead up on the wall? My cousin has broken some bones in his foot and has to wear a steel boot right now. He may be in that boot when we sail. For years he has dreamed of walking that wall. His wife and I have tried to prepare him for disappointment by suggesting other activities. He is a very stubborn man.

Bobbie

Hi Bobbie!

Our cruise docked at the port right near the Old Town so it wasn't much of a walk to get there but I do recall shuttles being used also!

In 2012, both me and my partner managed just fine and we were terribly unfit and I am a larger set guy. I remember being surprised at how simple the steps were.

When with a tour, it can be very tempting to rush to try and keep up with the tour guide but if you're going on your own, then I think you'll be just fine if you take your time and have some patience. There's plenty of room to move so you won't be blocking anyones path.

Take a camera, the view is to die for.

Hi Bobbie!

Our cruise docked at the port right near the Old Town so it wasn't much of a walk to get there but I do recall shuttles being used also!

In 2012, both me and my partner managed just fine and we were terribly unfit and I am a larger set guy. I remember being surprised at how simple the steps were.

When with a tour, it can be very tempting to rush to try and keep up with the tour guide but if you're going on your own, then I think you'll be just fine if you take your time and have some patience. There's plenty of room to move so you won't be blocking anyones path.

Take a camera, the view is to die for.

OH THANK YOU SO MUCH. That is what I have been wanting to hear. we are going to do it ourselves. All four of us are very patient. He is so very determined. He wanted to book this cruise because of this port and the wall. I, on the other hand, wanted to see Crete.

OH THANK YOU SO MUCH. That is what I have been wanting to hear. we are going to do it ourselves. All four of us are very patient. He is so very determined. He wanted to book this cruise because of this port and the wall. I, on the other hand, wanted to see Crete.

Are you on the Inaugural?

Are you on the Inaugural?

Yes. We will arrive in Venice on April 28. We are taking the train to Trieste on the 30th. My excitement can not be contained. A person would think I have never been off Peachtree Street the way I am acting. I can't wait to meet you and thank you for the blog and the wall information.

Bobbie

I've written about the Vista on my travel blog! I hope to add to it daily for the next two weeks to give information about all the ports and also about the ship!

I'd love it if you'd follow :)

https://kascapades.wordpress.com/

I will be watching for your comments while cruising on the Vista. Hubby and I are on the last med and the transatlantic cruise. It's crazy to think we booked a cruise the moment it could be booked on a ship that hadn't even begun to be built. Can't wait for you to begin. Just give us everything you've got. Good sailing to you.

Yes. We will arrive in Venice on April 28. We are taking the train to Trieste on the 30th. My excitement can not be contained. A person would think I have never been off Peachtree Street the way I am acting. I can't wait to meet you and thank you for the blog and the wall information.

Bobbie

I'm super excited too!

We are flying into Venice on the 29th and then getting the train straight to Trieste where we have a hotel near the cruise port!

It's much easier for us since we're flying from London so it's a quick flight!

• 2 weeks later...