Vibe on the Escape

HeatherMac246

Is the Vibe worth it? We are currently in The Haven, but after reading some reviews about unruly children in the Haven areas, we are considering purchasing passes for Vibe. We sail on Saturday, so any advice/help is much appreciated. Just a bit of info, we're in our 30's and it's just us on vacation and love our "sun" time.

Thank you!

Is the Vibe worth it? We are currently in The Haven, but after reading some reviews about unruly children in the Haven areas, we are considering purchasing passes for Vibe. We sail on Saturday, so any advice/help is much appreciated. Just a bit of info, we're in our 30's and it's just us on vacation and love our "sun" time.

Thank you!

One thing to consider...

Are the unruly children that you read about going to be on your cruise or is that a past issue that may not repeat as the passenger mix will change?

I've read a few reviews on here that there have been unruly children, but have not experienced it ourselves. But, we've never been on a ship that is going to have as many people/children. Last year we cruised on the Sun, and with the smaller ship, there were not many children. I know with the Escape, there will be more on board, especially with it being spring break for some!

Spring break has started but mostly its college kids this week. Next week you may have a bit more younger kids on your sailing. No one can say for sure you will have unruly kids or well behaved kids on your sailing but you will for sure have kids.

IMO the rest of the ship has so much more for kids to do I can not imagine them hanging out on the sun deck for long periods of time. Around the pool and hot tubs defiantly.

Look its $200 for the 2 of you. If you want quiet sun time with no kids around defiantly do it. Why not? Its your vacation.

I look at the Vibe as a ship excursion. Where are you going to find a one week excursion for $99 per person? Guaranteed lounger pretty much any time of the day. Adults only and private bar. Was in the Haven last week and purchased 5 Vibe tickets for my family. Best purchase I made that week besides the Haven. Kids do use the pool a lot in the haven but I would not say they were unruly but noisy. Good luck.

I've read a few reviews on here that there have been unruly children, but have not experienced it ourselves. But, we've never been on a ship that is going to have as many people/children. Last year we cruised on the Sun, and with the smaller ship, there were not many children. I know with the Escape, there will be more on board, especially with it being spring break for some!

OK...let me try a more direct answer.

Just because there were children on a past cruise does not mean there will be children on your cruise.

Just because the children on a past cruise were unruly does not mean that the children on your cruise (if any) will also be unruly.

The number of children present and the way in which they behave has nothing to do with the number of children that will be present and the way in which they will behave on your cruise.

Your cruise could have no children, it could be overrun with children, or it could be something in between. The children on your cruise could be extremely well behaved, extremely unruly and wild, or something in between.

There is simply no way to tell...and what may or may not have happened on a prior cruise has nothing to do with your cruise...unless all of the passengers on the prior cruise are also going to be on your cruise.

For what it's worth, a lot of elementary schools and high schools have spring here in the midwest have spring break next week. And a lot take "Easter Monday" off. That may contribute to the kid factor. But ff you've committed a Haven level budget to this trip, spending another $200 to make sure you have a peaceful experience is well worth it.

It's not just necessarily just the kids, it's the sheer number of people on the ship that was the issue for us. For us the crowds were to the point that Vibe ruined us and I would not sail Escape again without knowing we could have Vibe!

I'm in a similar situation except a week later. I had asked this question and decided that I had the Haven so I didn't need the Vibe. I don't mind kids, but one person stated on their cruise week non-haven guests were in taking up chairs on the sun deck making it hard for Haven guests to get chairs. I'm hopeful that is not the norm.

I'm hopeful that if I wanted 2-4 chairs on the Haven sundeck, I shouldn't have a problem finding them. I was more concerned about the frustration aroundind finding chairs than I was kids. Have others experienced challenges with chairs on the Haven sundeck? Are the chair hogs out in the Haven too? I realize at peak times it might be hard to find 4 chairs together but I'm hopeful that finding a chair or two together and waiting for closer one's to open up is fine.

Thoughts?

That was one of our main reasons for the Haven is the sun deck and availability of chairs. But, I do not like the fact that people who are not in the Haven can come into the Haven areas. I mean, we all paid some amount to be in there, why should they be allowed to be in there? I really hope this is more of a "spring breaker" college kids cruise, which means I doubt they will be in the Haven.

We're leaning towards getting passes to Vibe, and thinking of going all in and getting a cabana. We want to be able to enjoy ourselves and want to do everything possible to do so.

But I have to say, I'm extremely excited to be in a Haven suite. Which type of room did you end up with?

Thank you!

Unruly kids happen.

Unruly adults happen.

Happening on one cruise does not mean it will happen on another.

Something to keep in mind about the Escape, the family pool is extremely deep (over 5 feet deep with no shallows). The Haven pool is not quite so deep which makes it the better option for families traveling in the Haven. This could explain why the number of kids in the Haven seems large. I know when we cruise, all the children we are traveling with that are staying Haven level will be using the Haven pool for this reason.

That said, if this is at all a concern to you (which it seems to be better), I'd suggest going ahead and getting the Vibe passes anyway.

That was one of our main reasons for the Haven is the sun deck and availability of chairs. But, I do not like the fact that people who are not in the Haven can come into the Haven areas. I mean, we all paid some amount to be in there, why should they be allowed to be in there? I really hope this is more of a "spring breaker" college kids cruise, which means I doubt they will be in the Haven.

We're leaning towards getting passes to Vibe, and thinking of going all in and getting a cabana. We want to be able to enjoy ourselves and want to do everything possible to do so.

But I have to say, I'm extremely excited to be in a Haven suite. Which type of room did you end up with?

I'm so very excited, I cannot wait and I have 1-1/2 weeks to wait! :)

I agree, we picked the Haven partially to "Escape the crowds" as well as the room types. We have a group of us going in 3 different rooms. We have 2 two bedroom family suites and then a Deluxe Owners Suite. Since all of us wouldn't get the Vibe passes and we'd want to be able to meet up and be together, my consideration for the Vibe was solely for a place my hubby and I could go when we are alone and wanting guarantee'd chairs.

Good luck on your choice and I hope you get your Vibe tickets if you decide to go that way.

I am having the same concerns. I LOVE CHILDREN !!! Got that out of the way. I also realize one can also run into many obnoxious adults, however, the Vibe does seem an alternative. My problem is I don't want to be greedy and take a couple of the very limited Vibe passes by already having Haven access. However I have read more then a couple posts of children being turned loose, ( concierge will be their babysitter) in the Haven being quite wild. That is why we try to take a late summer cruise towards Labor Day feeling many children will be back in school. Just thinking out loud. You never know who your fellow passenger mix will be, but being the Vibe passes sell out so early it could be too late to wish you had acquired a couple. I also read in a similar thread that the Concierge was trying to dissuade Haven guests from acquiring them but felt the non Haven staying writer was trying to also steer Haven guests from doing same. Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

Agreed. The unknown mix of people on the cruise is what concerns us. We don't want to be limited to areas and have kids running around like crazy and have no Escape, so to speak. So I think that's why we're going to try to get passes to Vibe. I know there's Spice H20, but I'm really not into fighting for chairs! Thankfully since our last cruise on the Sun was such a small boat, we didn't really have problems finding chairs on the sundeck by the pool. Of course there are the chair hogs that put their stuff on them at 7am, you will have that on every boat. But we're not one for the masses. We like it quieter so we can enjoy each other. Good luck on your decision, too!

There are no cabanas

Thank you!

Very well worth it, check out my video.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXeroHJikWI

What do you mean? Guests are allowed to bring other passengers to their cabins, but that is all. Does that bother you for some reason?

Actually, that's not all. I spoke with a rep on the phone earlier this week. And she told me that Haven guests are allowed to request to have their friends/family in the Haven lounge and the restaurant.

She also said that other Haven passengers have the option to request that they strongly enforce the Haven guest only policy.

I'll be requesting for strong enforcement.

Our February 20th sailing was our fifth Haven in 21 months and it had it all - screaming kids nonstop in the covered pool, gate crashers on the sun deck and chair hogs out in full force. I would look longingly at Vibe when I stepped out of the Haven glass elevator.

It is a 100% no-brainer - get Vibe passes. While we were seriously tempted to cancel our next Escape Haven, the price was good so we will try again but this time with Vibe.

Actually, that's not all. I spoke with a rep on the phone earlier this week. And she told me that Haven guests are allowed to request to have their friends/family in the Haven lounge and the restaurant.

She also said that other Haven passengers have the option to request that they strongly enforce the Haven guest only policy.

I'll be requesting for strong enforcement.

No joke. I don't think they should be allowed in if they aren't in a haven room. Why would anyone spend the extra money if they can just find a friend that is in the haven? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The children "issue" is mainly in the Courtyard/pool area on deck 17, I never saw a child in the Haven Courtyard sundeck area on deck 19.

There are several loungers on deck 19 and always had many available, BUT some of those are not in the sun (there is an entire room that seemed to have limited sun and I never saw more than a few people utilizing the space). The outdoor space, where sun was plentiful, was usually busy, but didn't seem at full capacity at any time.

All this being said........If I was in my 30's like you, anticipate spending considerable amount of time in the sun, wanted nice loungers always available, and wanted a bar close by, I would get the Vibe pass. I don't think you'll regret it. Just do it! :-)

I hope you have a wonderful cruise and good weather.

Thank you!

No joke. I don't think they should be allowed in if they aren't in a haven room. Why would anyone spend the extra money if they can just find a friend that is in the haven? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Agreed......mostly. When it comes to the courtyard, lounge,bar and sundeck areas.

I believe Haven guests can invite a non-haven friend to their rooms or to dinner with them. From my understanding there is $25 PP charge for non-haven guests to dine in the Haven restaurant.

Our February 20th sailing was our fifth Haven in 21 months and it had it all - screaming kids nonstop in the covered pool, gate crashers on the sun deck and chair hogs out in full force. I would look longingly at Vibe when I stepped out of the Haven glass elevator.

It is a 100% no-brainer - get Vibe passes. While we were seriously tempted to cancel our next Escape Haven, the price was good so we will try again but this time with Vibe.

Did you get your passes at the Haven Concierge or did you go to the main desk to get them? We're just trying to plan when we should get to the pier and where we need to go right away when onboard to get the passes. We're 100% sure we want them, just want to make sure we get them! :)

Thanks in advance!