The Valor with a child with Special Needs/bringing food

amyh13

We are traveling with another family (in a little more than 2 weeks!) with a child with Downs Syndrome. He is very particular about what he eats. The offerings on the ship will be fine but my friend is concerned about meals ashore.

He likes Lunchables. Is there a problem with bringing them aboard as long as they are sealed/unopened? She could store them in the room refrigerator or even a small cooler.

Thoughts?

Most countries do not allow food to be brought ashore no matter the reason from my experience.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I often take food ashore as long as it is sealed. I always have a bag full of granola bars, cheese crackers, and nuts for my kids. I thought it was just no fruit and no open food, like sandwiches made at the deli.

I often take food ashore as long as it is sealed. I always have a bag full of granola bars, cheese crackers, and nuts for my kids. I thought it was just no fruit and no open food, like sandwiches made at the deli.

I really want to agree with you.

I know people take cereal boxes from the buffet in the morning, and put them in their bags to take ashore.

I am almost POSITIVE that if it's sealed, you can take it off the ship.

Let's see what others have to say....

In many countries you cannot bring meat into them so not sure even pkgd meat as you find in Lunchables would be OK.

We don't usually eat lunch on shore so it is not completely necessary to do that. I suppose if you are at a beach for a whole day then you'd want some food but perhaps tell folks what ports you'll be in and they'll be able to help you out. Some ports may have food available that he'd also like.