Island Princess Dining Award

jawhoffman

Did ya'll see this? Can't wait to try it all in May!!

Cruisers' Choice Cruise Critic Awards >

Best Cruise Ships for Dining 2016

The best cruise ships for dining chosen by cruisers. All rankings are based on member review ratings for cruises taken in 2015.

2016 Cruisers’ Choice

8 of 10

Best for Dining

Large Ship

Island Princess

"The dinner selections in the dining rooms made it hard to make a choice each evening and with the special deserts, well, let's just say no one can maintain their diet with that temptation." - AlaskaNurse"

• 2 weeks later...

I would "agree" having sailed 15 days onboard, but how many people were polled/voted? I want to know exactly just how excited to really be:rolleyes:

Edited by MTJSR

I would "agree" having sailed 15 days onboard, but how many people were polled/voted? I want to know exactly just how excited to really be:rolleyes:

According to Cruise Critic:

Cruise Critic Cruisers' Choice Awards 2016

Rankings are based on ratings given by our members in published member reviews; awards are based on 2015 cruise reviews.

Ships must have a minimum number of member reviews and ratings in a particular category in order to be included in that category's top 10 list.

Ship size is designated as follows:

Large ships: 2,000+ passengers (double occupancy)

Mid-size ships: 1,200 - 1999 passengers (double occupancy)

Small ships: 1,199 or fewer passengers (double occupancy)

Ratings shown have been rounded to the first decimal place, although they are calculated to the 8th decimal place and ordered as such; in the unlikely event of an exact tie, tied ships will instead order by the highest number of records entered, then alphabetically.

So, hard to know any kind of exact numbers. I'm certainly excited, nonetheless, to sample the cuisine on my cruise on her in May!

Did ya'll see this? Can't wait to try it all in May!!

Cruisers' Choice Cruise Critic Awards >

Best Cruise Ships for Dining 2016

The best cruise ships for dining chosen by cruisers. All rankings are based on member review ratings for cruises taken in 2015.

2016 Cruisers’ Choice

8 of 10

Best for Dining

Large Ship

Island Princess

"The dinner selections in the dining rooms made it hard to make a choice each evening and with the special deserts, well, let's just say no one can maintain their diet with that temptation." - AlaskaNurse"

I thought menus were pretty standardized for all ships... realize execution will vary but seems very surprising to me since I don't think the menu in the MDR is outstanding these days.

I thought menus were pretty standardized for all ships... realize execution will vary but seems very surprising to me since I don't think the menu in the MDR is outstanding these days.

I couldn't agree more. My Panama Canal cruise on the Island was consistently good. But my recent Grand 10 Mexico cruise had some of the worst food Ive had in my last six Princess cruises.

Edited by MTJSR