Malaga Train Station and Car Rentals????

renroc13

After reading many posts I think we will rent a car from the train station and return it to the train station 9 days later rather than dealing with a rental at the airport. We will be disembarking from our cruise in Malaga 2 days earlier and spending the time in the towns around Malaga before flying to Venice.

My question is are there more than one train stations in Malaga??

I notice Enterprise is at Estacion Ave but the name of the train station I have seen is Maria Zambrano Station...is this the same location?? If not what is the name of the train station we should book a rental from?

Please advise.

Thank You

Karen

After reading many posts I think we will rent a car from the train station and return it to the train station 9 days later rather than dealing with a rental at the airport. We will be disembarking from our cruise in Malaga 2 days earlier and spending the time in the towns around Malaga before flying to Venice.

My question is are there more than one train stations in Malaga??

I notice Enterprise is at Estacion Ave but the name of the train station I have seen is Maria Zambrano Station...is this the same location?? If not what is the name of the train station we should book a rental from?

Please advise.

Thank You

Karen

Yes, you want to rent from Maria Zambrano Station

Address: Explanada de la Estación, s/n Málaga 29002- Málaga

Telephone: 34 952360202

Edited by campolady

Yes, you want to rent from Maria Zambrano Station

Address: Explanada de la Estación, s/n Málaga 29002- Málaga

Telephone: 34 952360202

Thank you...this is the address we got. Is this the Maria Zambrano Station? It does not list the entire name which is why I am concerned.

Directions to our location:

Upon arrival please proceed to the Enterprise/National/Alamo Counter serviced by Drive Alliance partner Enterprise.

Trip Details

Pickup

Malaga Estacion Ave

Enterprise Rent A Car

Estacion Ave Malaga

Malaga 29002 Spain

Thank You

Karen

Thank you...this is the address we got. Is this the Maria Zambrano Station? It does not list the entire name which is why I am concerned.

Directions to our location:

Upon arrival please proceed to the Enterprise/National/Alamo Counter serviced by Drive Alliance partner Enterprise.

Trip Details

Pickup

Malaga Estacion Ave

Enterprise Rent A Car

Estacion Ave Malaga

Malaga 29002 Spain

Thank You

Karen

Yes - Estacion Ave is just the Anglicised form of Esplanada de la Estacion.

To put your mind at rest here is the Enterprise address on their UK site - gives more details - Estación Ave. Centro Comercial Vialia, MARIA ZAMBRANO LOCAL FO 11, Malaga, ES, 29002

Maria Zambrano Station is the main station in Malaga set in the heart of the Vialia Shopping Mall; Estacion Ave/Esplanada de la Estacion is the road at the main entrance to the station/mall.

Yes - Estacion Ave is just the Anglicised form of Esplanada de la Estacion.

To put your mind at rest here is the Enterprise address on their UK site - gives more details - Estación Ave. Centro Comercial Vialia, MARIA ZAMBRANO LOCAL FO 11, Malaga, ES, 29002

Maria Zambrano Station is the main station in Malaga set in the heart of the Vialia Shopping Mall; Estacion Ave/Esplanada de la Estacion is the road at the main entrance to the station/mall.

Thank you....On our last trip we rented in Madrid (a good University rate)...we spent several days traveling and then returned the Madrid car to the Malaga airport and rented for another 2 weeks from Carjet at The Malaga Airport (as they gave us a much better deal for the next 2 weeks). From what I am reading it looks like we are better off taking a taxi from the port to the train station instead of dealing with the airport since we are not flying in. Our University rate is the same from both places.

We will be spending 10 days in the area and I suspect it will also be easier to drop the car at the train station and take a taxi to the airport upon the return.

Thank you for confirming this for us.

Karen

Edited by renroc13

• 4 weeks later...

For your information you do not need to bother with a taxi, there is a very regular train service that goes directly from Maria Zambrano Station to Malaga airport. The walk from the train station to the terminal in Malaga is flat and very easy.

I park my car at Malaga airport and go via this light railway to Maria Zambrano to catch the fast train to Barcelona and my cruise ship (next week yay:D) .

For your information you do not need to bother with a taxi, there is a very regular train service that goes directly from Maria Zambrano Station to Malaga airport. The walk from the train station to the terminal in Malaga is flat and very easy.

I park my car at Malaga airport and go via this light railway to Maria Zambrano to catch the fast train to Barcelona and my cruise ship (next week yay:D) .

Thank you for the info. We will actually leave the ship in Malaga and rent a car from the train station this trip. Less hassle than running to the airport and closer. TKU

Karen