Pride of America

Merriem

I shortened the quote, I am hoping the difficulties with service are due to the refurbishment of the ship, and are an event and not a pattern.

My ???? for the day to Merriem, Dexddd or someone on board is .....With the unlimited Wi-Fi or is it Ethernet on the POA, are you limited to one device or is the service good for several devices such as your phone, tablet and computer?

You are a wealth of information and it is appreciated.

The tub shower combination on deck 12 suites is terrible. Very high sides, and frankly dangerous. As posted nothing has been to them..small, ugly blue tile, and just one sink.

Hi, as someone else stated it is one device at a time. It works okay, but of course is slow.

Honestly, I don't think my issues have anything to do with the refurbishment. I ask our butler if these people were trained that serve and he said they sure were, on a regular basis. I am not impressed with the overall American staff, and think as a group the non-US are harder workers. I have read a lot of reviews and I will agree with some of the complaints people talk about. Excluding The Bistro which is outstanding..I would say this is probably the norm.

Also the carpet in the main rooms that is very light beige I spoke with an officer who was down on his knees cleaning spots. He said it was temporary carpet, but that seems strange.

Additionally there is a really nasty sewer smell as you go into the wine bar and Cagneys. I read a review that mentioned that.

Oh, when I ask for bread at lunch, I was told that was by request only..so I requested it. Again, the price was right, but I am not sure I would have wanted to pay anymore for this cruise.

We did this cruise in 2005. We were also in a suite. My personal opinion is that the problems are caused by the contractors. They didn't finish the job on time so NCL is taking the blame. Most passengers are just shrugging off the minor problems. Wait staff is excellent and the kitchen is getting faster. The contractors came in and tore the place apart so the staff is having problems getting things to work again. I think the crew is doing the best they can under the circumstances.

Really disappointed that the "backed up" bathroom smell is still evident.

When I met with Officers for post cruise review , I asked HD about that exact smell. He said it would be dealt with during drydock. It is a plumbing issue and would be re-piped. CC members who had cabins on 7 did complain that the smell reached them during the evenings.

We could,not walk through common areas outside Napa wine bar.

Also, mentioned to Dustin ( head of restaurants and food) that Carbonara was the best thing about Italian venue, too bad it is gone.

(He is taking his parents on a cruise to Alaska. With Princess, he wants to check out their food) :D

Yes the nasty smell is still there

Thanks for the replies about the Internet service, I generally don't buy the service but my Sisters might want it and I want to be in the know.

Sorry about the smell in common areas and I hope that they get this taken care of.

Someone stated that the beige carpeting was temporary? Really? I hope they put directional carpeting (like the fish carpet) that points to the front of the ship, it sure comes in handy until you know your way around the ship.

Keep posting, I am enjoying the read. Oh; thank you for the door picture, my sisters got a kick out of it.

Thanks for the replies about the Internet service, I generally don't buy the service but my Sisters might want it and I want to be in the know.

Sorry about the smell in common areas and I hope that they get this taken care of.

Someone stated that the beige carpeting was temporary? Really? I hope they put directional carpeting (like the fish carpet) that points to the front of the ship, it sure comes in handy until you know your way around the ship.

Keep posting, I am enjoying the read. Oh; thank you for the door picture, my sisters got a kick out of it.

I am not sure about the carpet that was just what someone said