verandah room with only shower??

creel5857

we are scheduled on Nordam in a regular balcony cabin near back of ship that has walk in shower without tub.....we don't use tubs anyway but wondering if shower and bathroom in these type cabins are still a sufficient size as other balcony cabins that have the shower/tub arrangement ..... thanks!!

What you will have is a normal size bathroom, with the placement of the sink and bath fixtures reversed. That is, the sink will be in tub's place, and the shower will be where the sink would have been.

This gives you a more generous vanity area, and a longer shelf below the sink/vanity for storage. The shower is a generous size. That old joke about soaping down the walls and spinning will not hold true.

Ruth has described the "shower only" bathroom to a tee. We just got off the Oosterdam with a "shower only" stateroom and loved it. The extra counter and under the sink storage was wonderful and the shower was soooo much better than the itty bitty ones on Princess. We are now going to attempt to book only "shower only" staterooms.

Are the shower only cabins that are outside cabins (no verandah) also set up the same way, or is it just the balcony cabins that have a good sized shower? I've always worried about getting that tiny little shower if I booked a shower only OV.

Are the shower only cabins that are outside cabins (no verandah) also set up the same way, or is it just the balcony cabins that have a good sized shower? I've always worried about getting that tiny little shower if I booked a shower only OV.

I can't answer your question directly.

However, I can say that the bathroom pictured for the veranda cabin is identical to the one I always have in my inside cabin; one with a large shower and long vanity.

I can't think of any reason why HAL would put such a bathroom in inside and veranda cabins, and change it to something else for outside cabins. It just doesn't make sense.

I actually prefer a shower tub. Which rooms are these available? Thanks!

Check the legend on the deckplan for the cabins you are considering. Unless you are looking at an inside, or an outside (and higher) that is specifically marked "shower only", then the cabin will have a shower in the tub.

I don't have list of all cabins with only a shower but you can look on the HAL website and see the the cabin layout/floor plans for each ship. Details regarding things like "no tub" are noted with specific symbols like * At the bottom of the layout or design it acknowledges that those rooms with * do not have tubs. Our rooms are in back of ship of Nordam on upper verandah level.

I can't answer your question directly.

However, I can say that the bathroom pictured for the veranda cabin is identical to the one I always have in my inside cabin; one with a large shower and long vanity.

I can't think of any reason why HAL would put such a bathroom in inside and veranda cabins, and change it to something else for outside cabins. It just doesn't make sense.

The outsides we've had with shower only have been as Ruth says her insides are..

Since my hip collapse & replacement, I need to have a shower only as can't get in & out of the tub without DH's help.. The tubs sides on HAL are too high..

Actually the hip replacement was perfect but now because of scoliosis (which I never knew I had) I must use a cane when walking long distances.. I asked the Surgeon if he would give me a temporary handicapped Parking sticker & he said "No, you need a permanent handicapped parking sticker".. DH did not believe it, but my Friend who took me back to see the Surgeon, confirmed his words, but I have to go back to him this year to get it renewed..

Edited by serendipity1499