M6 Mini Suite Regal

lakemurraykid

We are wanting to book a mini suite on Princess Regal and I'm seeing the M6 category mini suite cabins at the very front of the ship. Does anyone know anything about these? We typically stay mid ship, so I am not familiar with staying forward.:confused:

We were in Regal M-106 for two weeks the last half of January. We always book mini-suites but this time the only good ones left were under lido deck chairs. Also, I like forward of midship for a variety of reasons. Here is my cabin review:

"We had a mini-suite again but this one was different in that it was forward facing with a huge balcony, about 200 Sq. Ft, (More than that actually, I measured it when on board) billed as a premium-mini. I had my doubts when we booked this as I thought it would be very windy. So windy maybe that I was concerned that the crew might have the balcony door locked all the time. Fortunately, I was able to read a few reviews regarding these forward facing cabins on the two largest of Princess vessels, so I was somewhat relieved and mostly looking forward to a new style cabin and balcony.

What I discovered though really surprised me. Wind problem? Not so, actually the flow of air up over the bow made this balcony more comfortable than those on the sides. Locked doors, no such thing. I was out there every day, on sea days as well as when in port. There were a few pretty windy days on the ocean too.

The mini-suite itself was a little larger as well and my wife liked it better than a regular mini. Quiet location on the ship as well. But the sea days were sooo nice, we enjoyed our huge balcony immensely."

PS--Take good care of our cabin--Haw

We book M323 in January of this year, it was a great cabin, heard a little noise in the morning from the deck above, nothing horrible nor did it ruin our vacation. The only thing that was annoying is no mid ship stairs, towards the front or rear would certainly be advantageous for that reason, but other than that, M is a very lovely deck. Have fun and enjoy your trip.

We were in Regal M-106 for two weeks the last half of January. We always book mini-suites but this time the only good ones left were under lido deck chairs. Also, I like forward of midship for a variety of reasons. Here is my cabin review:

"We had a mini-suite again but this one was different in that it was forward facing with a huge balcony, about 200 Sq. Ft, (More than that actually, I measured it when on board) billed as a premium-mini. I had my doubts when we booked this as I thought it would be very windy. So windy maybe that I was concerned that the crew might have the balcony door locked all the time. Fortunately, I was able to read a few reviews regarding these forward facing cabins on the two largest of Princess vessels, so I was somewhat relieved and mostly looking forward to a new style cabin and balcony.

What I discovered though really surprised me. Wind problem? Not so, actually the flow of air up over the bow made this balcony more comfortable than those on the sides. Locked doors, no such thing. I was out there every day, on sea days as well as when in port. There were a few pretty windy days on the ocean too.

The mini-suite itself was a little larger as well and my wife liked it better than a regular mini. Quiet location on the ship as well. But the sea days were sooo nice, we enjoyed our huge balcony immensely."

PS--Take good care of our cabin--Haw

Hello and thank you for the information. I called Princess this afternoon and tentatively booked L106. However, when the reservationist booked it a warning came up indicating this cabin has an obstructed view. She said it's metal from the floor up to the railing, instead of glass. Did you experience this and did it hamper your view at all? We have a tentative booking unti 5 p.m. tomorrow, so we'll see.

If you have any pictures I would love to see them. :)

Hello and thank you for the information. I called Princess this afternoon and tentatively booked L106. However, when the reservationist booked it a warning came up indicating this cabin has an obstructed view. She said it's metal from the floor up to the railing, instead of glass. Did you experience this and did it hamper your view at all? We have a tentative booking unti 5 p.m. tomorrow, so we'll see.

If you have any pictures I would love to see them. :)

Yea, no big deal, there are no vertical railings or plastic partitions facing forward like there are on other balconies. You won't even notice it. Reason for that is strength is necessary in case the ship takes a green one over the bow. The steel is inclined at about a 45 degree angle too, making an alcove under the balcony railing I was able to put all the balcony furniture and the coffee table under it when it looked like we might get a little rain and I could have put double that if there was more furniture. Like I said, the balcony is huge, but wait until you see the adjacent balcony for M108, bet it is 400 sq ft . L106 was directly above us, it is identical to M106.

1799563155_2016MayanruinsinCaribbeanonRegalPrincess001.jpg.27c1b859a5db40c440ec48b3d9a30a9a.jpg

1178858343_2016MayanruinsinCaribbeanonRegalPrincess006.jpg.a3ad98e88ab82accece20c9ab9f7101e.jpg

1556095677_2016MayanruinsinCaribbeanonRegalPrincess060.jpg.7957617f28ae47b3d1493724d6c05d20.jpg

1831758740_2016---1stsegmentCaribbeancruiseRegal009.jpg.1bded70b48b8c22dc7c2d5bed22c5c04.jpg

Yea, no big deal, there are no vertical railings or plastic partitions facing forward like there are on other balconies. You won't even notice it. Reason for that is strength is necessary in case the ship takes a green one over the bow. The steel is inclined at about a 45 degree angle too, making an alcove under the balcony railing I was able to put all the balcony furniture and the coffee table under it when it looked like we might get a little rain and I could have put double that if there was more furniture. Like I said, the balcony is huge, but wait until you see the adjacent balcony for M108, bet it is 400 sq ft . L106 was directly above us, it is identical to M106.
Thank you so much for the video and the comments. That really helped me. Thank you again for finding the video and posting it for me. I know now exactly what we'll do. :)

• 1 year later...

Thank you for the info - I did a lot of research before booking M105, which is now Club Class, instead of one of the mid-ship mini-suites (which may have a bit of the peek-a-boo issue). We don,t see a way to partition this mini (with magnets and room-darkening panels, not as messy as it sounds), but really looking forward to that balcony! Bringing my hammock, which goes up and down in minutes!,

We are wanting to book a mini suite on Princess Regal and I'm seeing the M6 category mini suite cabins at the very front of the ship. Does anyone know anything about these? We typically stay mid ship, so I am not familiar with staying forward.:confused:

We stayed in M231 on the Regal

24402925058_f3ff34a11a_z.jpgOur Cabin

Our three under six grandchildren were next door in M233

24402925028_00dfd6e780_z.jpgTheir Cabin

Howard

• Like 1

We had originally booked L106 on the Royal. We had stayed in L108 previously and loved the layout and the wrap around deck.

However, after further investigation, I decided that I did not like the layout of 106. Although the deck is magnificent the interior seems too cramped. Part of the couch is across from the bed and it looks hard to move around. If I can't have the end cabins (like 108), I prefer the traditional mini with the curtain that almost seems like 2 rooms.

I know that everyone has their preferences, this is ours.

M107/108 are our go to cabins. L106/105 and M106/105 have a nice balcony but pales compared to M107/108. L106/105 and M106/105 are a wider cabin than the normal mini suite but shorter which put the couch across from the bed. L107/108 are nice cabins also with a similar but not identical two room layout as M107/108. The most depressing fact is if your in L106/105 or M106/105 then the people in M107/108, L107/108 have a much nicer cabin witch is the same (price point) category.

Edited by Todd320

Did you experience this and did it hamper your view at all? We have a tentative booking unti 5 p.m. tomorrow, so we'll see.

If you are setting in a reclined position then you cannot see the water. In fact if your sitting in a normal position you need to be rather close to the rail to have a nice view.

We bring 7 inch fiberglass risers along to help with that problem. We have also done the hamck thing but for us it was not worth it.

Edited by Todd320

M107/108 are our go to cabins. L106/105 and M106/105 have a nice balcony but pales compared to M107/108. L106/105 and M106/105 are a wider cabin than the normal mini suite but shorter which put the couch across from the bed. L107/108 are nice cabins also with a similar but not identical two room layout as M107/108. The most depressing fact is if your in L106/105 or M106/105 then the people in M107/108, L107/108 have a much nicer cabin witch is the same (price point) category.

Absolutely, but we are trying to not think of it as compared to the end minisuites - we were originally in a regular mini-suite and were able to upgrade ourselves to the Club Class M105 for a few dollars during a one-day price change - comparing Club Class to regular and trying to ignore the fact that there are better M6 cabins. Keeping my eye open in case a passenger in M107/108 or L107/108 doesn't make final payment and one of those becomes available. Now that we're in an M6, we can change within that category. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Mia33496